Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

tC Roll Bars, Roll Cages, now available!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 05:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default tC Roll Bars, Roll Cages, now available!!!!!!

As an enthusiast building a very quick autocross, track day tC I have been working with Autopower, a very trusted manf, and a member here for the last couple of months to arrange getting a donor car in to develop these for us. The full race cage (loose the back seat access), SCCA approved roll bar(optional removable cross and harness bars for rear seat access) and a street bar made for our cars.

I will let the member here announce what he will be sporting when he is ready, which should be tomorrow if he chooses

For now, all products can be ordered from your vendor, distributor, etc.

Our SCCA bar with removable harness and crossbar will be at our door in 2 weeks, been waiting for this since we bought the car.

If you need more info you can PM or email me, email prefered, will glady help you out with whatever you need to know.

Rick
rick@raamaudio.com

http://www.autopowerindustries.com/
Old 10-08-2005, 02:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Since it seems some of us cannot understand what has been said let's try this again:

1) Autopower will finish the installation of the tC roll cage prototype tomorrow.

2) They now have all the data to build roll bars, cages, etc for our cars.

3) They build to order, not to stock items unless a shop wants to have some on hand.

4) No pics because I am letting the member here that donated their car since last Sunday have first crack at the honor of being the first with a full race cage(that I know of)

5) All the Autopower cages and bars look similar because they are all derived from SCCA roll cage specs, just a few minor things to fit each individual car.

6) To get an idea of what they will look like go to the website listed in the first post and check them out, no pics of any of their products, just generic drawings.

7) They are avaiable for order now from your local vendor, distributor, etc... expect approx a two week wait this time of year for delivery.

All prices are on thier website, standard and options, built to order how you want it.

That is it, not speculation, no waiting, they are ready to manf them when you are ready to place your order. If you want pics you will have to wait until somebody gets their order and posts pics, we are the first one on the list, we ordered ours today, in approx two weeks we will have it.

Any more questions just ask, please refrain from negative comments as there is absolutely no reason to do so;)

Thanks
Rick
Old 10-08-2005, 08:33 AM
Banned
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

bump..
Old 10-09-2005, 01:44 AM
Banned
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

HERE WE GO!! DEBUT!!

Thanks to Rick, i was allowed this opportunity to be a lab rat for AutoPowers to make their first SCCA approved roll cage for the application Scion tC. I'm actually very impressed of AutoPowers for being able to produce the prototype AND my cage in just one week.

Don and Rick from AutoPowers was very professional and straigth forward and was very willing to help.

This is a bolt on roll cage and AutoPowers painted it black. Came out very nice and now my car does not squeak at all anymore. The car is now very rigid and handling has improved dramatically.

i'll let the pictures do all the talking lol

overview

headliner

front

back

from driver side

from the back

AutoPower!!

rear right

rear left

I'm actually in a rush so i will give a full review when i get back!!

Just wanted to say thanks to Rick and Rick and DON lol for making this happen. It is
seriously worth it. It also gives the car a more racy look

Enjoy!!

-taek
Old 10-09-2005, 06:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

man looking at that gives me a headache

i would of volunteered a long time ago since i dont have back seats any ways but

my car gets enough attention from cops as is, a roll cage is jus asking for toruble

anyways

how much does it weigh? im guesing adding a roll cage will add more head weight? (seomthing our car doesnt need)

and you said its removable? so does it mean it was bolted in and not welded? how affective is that compared to welded in roll cages?

do you have a diagram or a pic of where the cage is bolted into? i wanna see how function this roll cage is towards stiffening the chasis
Old 10-09-2005, 07:23 AM
Banned
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

lol jeff, you'll love it when you seee it in person.

its not that much heaveri compared to our freaking sunroof but it is very very helpful . i get so much better cornering with your treadless tires lol hahaha

its removable and its not welded. i don't know what is the difference between welded and bolt on. maybe welded is more safe?

*shrug*

-taek
Old 10-09-2005, 08:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It is an SCCA approved race cage, primary function is to protect the driver and in this case passenger as well. It is approved whether bolted in or welded but to be welded would require a certified race car fabricator.

This cage will deffinately stiffen the chassis, would be more so if it tied to the front strut towers but that is a fairly serious mod to a street driven car.

I was told by Autopower that the race roll bar, which is the same main hoop, cross brace, harness brace and rear arms would weight around 40 lbs, since the cage consists of the front section and upper bars going to it I would imagine around 70-75 lbs total weight for the cage, maybe a bit more.

Taek,
You are welcome, glad we could work together with Autopower and make this a reality

Rick
Old 10-09-2005, 10:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmmm interesting stuff, autopower seems to make nice stuff. What size footprint do the mouting plates have?
Old 10-09-2005, 11:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

It seems like a tight fit to get in between the seat & the roll cage. Is it hard to get in and out?
Old 10-09-2005, 11:47 PM
Banned
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

it is quite a tight fit. but its all worth it. i got used to it after my second or third time

-taek
Old 10-10-2005, 01:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

lookin nice.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not to ____ on anyone's parade, but keep in mind, those bars are hard. If you are in an accident without a helmet, and your head hits one of the bars, you could be killed by your own safety gear.

I'm the first to say this is cool, but be aware, it's not a good mod for a daily driven car. If you really need a bar to compete, use the minimum necessary to comply with the rules. You'll be better off for it.

FWIW, 5 point seat belts are also a rollbar only mod. If you have a 5 point harness and roll the car so the roof crushes without a rollbar, you will likely be killed because you won't be able to move forward as the roof crushes as you will with the OEM belts.

Not all safety gear is safe for the street. Be smart about what you choose and why. There is more at risk here than just being stylish.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i agree...

and taek, i still say you need to move your mouniting points higher on your harness... if you do roll the car like lance said, the belt will compress ur spine... so u need to make the belts as even as possible... straight back with no slope down is the best
Old 10-10-2005, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes, get roll bar foam padding, they sell two types at least at Autopower, we ordered some when ordered the roll bar, will not run without it!!!!

Rick
Old 10-10-2005, 03:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

pretty nice
Old 10-10-2005, 03:21 AM
Banned
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

i understand. i'm not done with my car yet, i'm gonna have a custom padding on it so don't woryr haha. i alreayd hit my head on ti and it does hurt yes it does lol

and the harnesses, i'll get that fixed once i get all the important stuff done

-taek
Old 10-10-2005, 03:35 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Very nice car.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i wonder wat will happen if TAEK got T-boned by a bigger car....

daily driven safety is a large factor
Old 10-10-2005, 07:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by taek
and the harnesses, i'll get that fixed once i get all the important stuff done

-taek
that is one of the MOST important things to do.... its your life man....
Old 10-13-2005, 12:51 AM
5 Year Member

Default WOW!!!!

I dont mean to be a dick but im gana have to. the harnesses in your car need to be wrapped around and mounted to the harness bar thats what its there for. thats the lower one. second the padding is a must have if you get into any kind of accident you WILL be dead. third You need a sub strap on your harnesses its not to keep your junk tight its to keep the lap belt from raising and crushing your organs. all of this is very important. remember that this is race car stuff and to be safe you need to ues it all. but on the other hand if all you want is the looks and dont care if you see tomarrow than ill se you all in H3ll

Quick Reply: tC Roll Bars, Roll Cages, now available!!!!!!