Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

Do NOT buy from Umnitza/Energia!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 02:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

It took an entire month but i finally got a tracking number for my replacement. The funny part is that i got the email from umnitza, not even energia, becuase energia is apparently still on vacation.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:44 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i saw you went and purchase bulbs with hidxtra good choice hope he gets more business
Old 07-22-2009, 01:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so for those who haven't noticed the scam.

They ship bad parts to some then for the few people that honestly return the parts without a tracking number get no support and loss of their money.

Nice scam, but it won't last forever.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:07 AM
Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by deathbyc4

They ship bad parts to some then for the few people that honestly return the parts without a tracking number get no support and loss of their money.

Are you serious?

You claim to return a part without a tracking number, so we should "just believe you" - then you use the forum as a weapon to threaten and blackmail to get what you want because of public sympathy and you think it's ok to continue to bash someone? What upbringing did you have?

---
I talked through some of the issues Tim/Energia has been having. he's had some personal issues that he's been particularly stressed out about and he's very sorry to have not handled some of the issues from when we were selling the HIDs.

Umnitza will help Tim through this particularly troubling period for him. Again, we do ask for patience both all the folks here at Umntiza and especially Tim. He promised to help you guys and he will. That being said, if you any of you have any issues. Please email your NAME, ORDER DATE, RETURN INFORMATION, RETURN TRACKING NUMBER to info@umnitza.com - I'll work with Tim to resolve each and every warranty issue, and if it's not a warranty or we don't have a return, it will not be resolved.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

quick question, i emailed tim and told him my car is still at the body shop but i can send the $30 deposit. even though im sending a deposit, will he not ship out the ballast until i send the old one back.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by umnitza
Originally Posted by deathbyc4

Are you serious?

You claim to return a part without a tracking number, so we should "just believe you" - then you use the forum as a weapon to threaten and blackmail to get what you want because of public sympathy and you think it's ok to continue to bash someone? What upbringing did you have?

---
I talked through some of the issues Tim/Energia has been having. he's had some personal issues that he's been particularly stressed out about and he's very sorry to have not handled some of the issues from when we were selling the HIDs.

Umnitza will help Tim through this particularly troubling period for him. Again, we do ask for patience both all the folks here at Umntiza and especially Tim. He promised to help you guys and he will. That being said, if you any of you have any issues. Please email your NAME, ORDER DATE, RETURN INFORMATION, RETURN TRACKING NUMBER to info@umnitza.com - I'll work with Tim to resolve each and every warranty issue, and if it's not a warranty or we don't have a return, it will not be resolved.
I make more in a year than you'll see in 5 years selling ____ty parts, and you question my "upbringing"?

When someone sends me ____ parts that are not what I ordered and you can't seem to find the parts because you didn't see a tracking number on it, it's my fault for bashing you for ripping me off of $90? To you sir, I say F**K YOU.

Some people in this world still believe in honesty towards customers, as I do 40 hours a week, because it's my job to keep customers happy. Apparently, your job is to make as much money you can with one company name, then when an issue comes up, pass the buck to someone else and change the company name. I done here, I've stated my point and hope you fall on your face in the pile of ____ you've made.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:16 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow. well i have posted my tracking number and my name for tim to look for the bad ballast i shipped him back. still no response on it. i know it got deliver if energia lost them not my problem its his!! but either they give me my money back or send me a new pair of ballast. plus i already told him the issue with the bad ballast he said he will replace them. also i have paid for shipping wich i shouldnt have if he didnt sold me bad ballast. he should reinbursme the money i had to pay for shipping back the bad ballast. im not paying for nothing else just send me the replacement he suppost to send me!! lets no make it difficult anymore.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:24 PM
Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by LilwhitexB
wow. well i have posted my tracking number and my name for tim to look for the bad ballast i shipped him back. still no response on it. i know it got deliver if energia lost them not my problem its his!! but either they give me my money back or send me a new pair of ballast. plus i already told him the issue with the bad ballast he said he will replace them. also i have paid for shipping wich i shouldnt have if he didnt sold me bad ballast. he should reinbursme the money i had to pay for shipping back the bad ballast. im not paying for nothing else just send me the replacement he suppost to send me!! lets no make it difficult anymore.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:50 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

I got my HID's from Umnitza. The 50w Slim Digital ones. They have worked great. the only thing is my passenger side bulb went out and it seems kinda quick since i ahve had these less than a year but I need to look and see if there is still an output from the ballast cause i dont wanna buy bulbs and then come to find out i need a new ballast.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

i've dealt with umnitza before and it was a night mare, i got a set of their halos when they first came out a few years ago and i got them from an AUTHORIZED retailer (according to them and the retailer, and i hooked them up, followed the write up that they provided (and the one that clayton made that was posted on their website) and the power inverters failed 30 min later, they didnt have anywhere on teh package stating that they werent water proof and when i called them to get "warranty" work to replace the power inverters they said no, and that they had no records of me purchasing the halos from an AR even tho they had said it before, and the company i got them from told me only Umnitza could warranty the halos blah blah blah. so i ripped them out and was out $199 because Umnitza didnt wanna help a customer.

then a couple years later i heard that their customer service and product was better and i really wanted the halos so i coughed up the courage and went got the halos one more time and these ones lasted 3 hours and guess what... they wouldnt Warranty them either!!! they suck, i will never deal with them again and i wouldnt suggest them to anyone.

everytime i called them i got the run around and they just made me furious. and all they had to do was send me new power inverters (the best part is the 2nd time around i sealed the power inverters just like they suggested and they still wouldnt cover them) so much for a 1 year warranty....

and i wont buy from this new Engeria is even remotely linked to Umnitza i wouldnt buy from them either.

Umnitza = worst customer service i have ever witnessed in my life... period
Old 10-02-2009, 04:42 PM
Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by davedavetC
i've dealt with umnitza before and it was a night mare, i got a set of their halos when they first came out a few years ago and i got them from an AUTHORIZED retailer (according to them and the retailer, and i hooked them up, followed the write up that they provided (and the one that clayton made that was posted on their website) and the power inverters failed 30 min later, they didnt have anywhere on teh package stating that they werent water proof and when i called them to get "warranty" work to replace the power inverters they said no, and that they had no records of me purchasing the halos from an AR even tho they had said it before, and the company i got them from told me only Umnitza could warranty the halos blah blah blah. so i ripped them out and was out $199 because Umnitza didnt wanna help a customer.

then a couple years later i heard that their customer service and product was better and i really wanted the halos so i coughed up the courage and went got the halos one more time and these ones lasted 3 hours and guess what... they wouldnt Warranty them either!!! they suck, i will never deal with them again and i wouldnt suggest them to anyone.

everytime i called them i got the run around and they just made me furious. and all they had to do was send me new power inverters (the best part is the 2nd time around i sealed the power inverters just like they suggested and they still wouldnt cover them) so much for a 1 year warranty....

and i wont buy from this new Engeria is even remotely linked to Umnitza i wouldnt buy from them either.

Umnitza = worst customer service i have ever witnessed in my life... period
In life, we have to choose our battles. We have provided you as both a company and me personally a significant amount of time (now over 2 months) to fix a product you did not directly pay us for. Now, 3 years later, you can't just move in with your life. Shows the content of your character more than it shows ours.

You seem to have plenty of time to spent arguing the matter sitting on various forum links on this site but you didn't want to spend 1/10th of that time fixing your own installation. Hundreds of people have purchased our products for the angel eyes on this site, and only a select few have had the issues you did. While we do acknowledge the fragility of the product, what would explain the hundreds of others that have purchased and NOT had problems. Or the 20+ people locally that have not had any issues with our install?

If you were to think about all this logically and unemotionally you’d find your stance is more akin to stubbornness than it is to any reasoned response. Grow up and move on with your life.

We don’t have any ill will towards you as you seem to have towards us, but we do not believe you have acted reasonably in this case and the ONLY reasonable action now is to leave it alone.

Originally Posted by highvoltage1
I got my HID's from Umnitza. The 50w Slim Digital ones. They have worked great. the only thing is my passenger side bulb went out and it seems kinda quick since i ahve had these less than a year but I need to look and see if there is still an output from the ballast cause i dont wanna buy bulbs and then come to find out i need a new ballast.
Don't be afraid to contact us. We've decided to come back to this forum to make another go of it.

Tim had some very hard decisions to make in his life and has asked us to follow up with his customers. To make up for it, watch the vendors forum for some incredible "make it up to you" deals to regain your trust in our products.

BTW - we notice someone has copied our LED halos idea but can't seem to make it happen properly. We will within 2 weeks have something for y'all.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:19 PM
SL Member

I guess some of us get lucky. I've had mine for almost a year. Before when I had trouble installing mine, umnitza provided quick email response when I had trouble figuring out the polarity. It's disheartening to see how this is all rolling down...
Old 10-04-2009, 09:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sounds like my $60 ebay kit were better...been over a year and not a single problem =)
Old 10-05-2009, 12:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im glad i viewed this thread! Im also glad i baught from hidextra. Great customer service, very fast shipping, good prices. No hassle. Ordered from them twice and both times couldnt have been better. Never ordered from umnitza, however i can now say i never will. Thanks for posting the thread! Kept me from a future runaround! And just because you're busy doesnt mean your a good company.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:16 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The fact that they only warranty units sold from them directly and not warranty it if bought through a vendor/retailer is preposterous. If you buy a Toshiba laptop from Toshiba, it's warrantied limited parts and labor for one year from purchase date. If you buy the same laptop from Best Buy/Circuit City/etc., guess what? It's STILL warrantied limited parts and labor for one year from purchase date. Now, I understand that as a manufacturer, and business, you have to abide by certain stipulations with the insurance provider that insures your company(and covers your warranty losses), but damn... don't deny the consumers who CHOOSE your product over your competition their right to your warranty because they didn't buy it directly from you. Bad business.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

has anyone had issues with umnitza's angel eyes?
Old 12-08-2009, 03:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

they are worse then their customer service!
Old 12-08-2009, 07:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol i know you're bashing them and all, but specifically...whats wrong with the angel eyes? do they flicker? fade out quickly? have inconsistent brightness/colors? have wiring issues?
Old 12-08-2009, 11:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

i had 2 sets, first one i followed their install guide (to the T) and they lasted 1 hour before the ballast s__t the bed on me and they wouldnt cover them. second set same thing. to keep a long story short.

save your money and get the oznium kit, its the same thing but cheaper. umnitza is over priced and over rated.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

too bad the oznium has the thinner rings. i like the fatter rings like the bmws have, or like umnitza has