Notices

Can I get info on airbag suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Can I get info on airbag suspension?

Just looking for info. What it would cost to do my own kit, if I got everything I needed. Someone told me that if I built it all myself it would be cheaper cuz a kit sometimes comes with stuff I wouldn't need. What all did it cost everyone to do there own? Just want some more info. I would enjoy bagging my car
Old 07-27-2010, 06:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Depends on what you want with it. If you don't want the ease of a digital controller with auto ride height then yes you can save some money. I persoanlly went with the Easy Street system and the only part I didn't use was the tank as I needed a different shape for where I was putting it. If you try sourcing pieces seperately and you want a manifold for air distribution and a digital controller you may end up spending more than a pre-built system.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What did your system cost? Did you install it yourself? How hard are they to install?
Old 07-27-2010, 07:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the easy street kit retails for about 3k but u can find it much cheaper. greg and i both have that
Old 07-27-2010, 07:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

BB did you install it yourself?
Old 07-27-2010, 09:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Install is easy, if you can do your own brakes and aren't afraid of doing a little plumbing its easy as pie. Took me a weekend to bag my 2001 Impala, took me 3 days to bag my 92 S10, and took about a week to bag my 1 ton dually. Its mostly bolt on for the scion, 2 days to install if you take your time and make everything look nice.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

greg did his, i had scvscions do mine. i didnt wanna screw anything up and i have very limited tool.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

Properly installing an air setup isn't difficult, you just have to know what NOT to do.

Depending on how low you want to go, there's different kits that will get you there. Randode has a great kit that gets LOW. The Easy Street, IMO, is too much money for what you receive.

Throwing air ride on a vehicle is one thing, doing it properly is another. I've fixed my fair share of air installs.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Like masterbB said I did my own airride and honestly it was very simple to put in. That said I worked in car stereo installation for 15 years, have changed numerous suspensions systems over the years, and have been modifying and working on my cars since day one back in the late 80s so I know my way around a car. Pricewise you can find the EasyStreet on Amazon pretty cheap. When I did mine they had it going for $1650. I got mine privately for less but the Amazon price way good too.

Just checked Amazon and they've got it for $1244 right now.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0025XWDRI/...SIN=B0025XWDRI

If the link doesn't work just search air lift 95753.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

Hot damn! Helluvadeal!
Old 07-28-2010, 12:05 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Airlift struts I had in my Impala were noisy, curious to check out the Randode struts...
Old 07-28-2010, 01:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok sweet, thanks for all the info. I honestly want to go airbag now over coilovers. For one the simple fact I will need to raise my car up priodically to get over bumpers and driveways since I live in the country. I also plan on going to missouri next year for work and the job I will be working has a stoney drive way and I don't want to mess my car up esp the lip kit.

So I see easy street, and hear good things about them. What else respectable for our cars is out there and also price wise what is a good option. I just want something basic. I want to lower my car enough when I get out of it, it looks like its on the ground. Of course I have a lip kit so it won't be as low as someone else without one. And where I am sitting stock raise it maybe a good 3 inches or so extra in the front end to get over things. What would you guys suggest on somewhat of a budget. I understand you get what you pay for so I am willing to save for quality. But most cost effective air bag system that still performs well. For example, would I need to get digital read outs of my air. Or could I save money in that area?

Also what are problems you guys have run into with kits. This kit would be on a daily driven car.

Thanks everyone for the help
Old 07-28-2010, 01:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The only two out there for the 2nd gen I would trust are EasyStreet and Ranode. I don't know if there are any other kits available. Personally I think the EasyStreet is simpler for a self install but Ranode's definitely goes lower and you can mix and match controllers to match what you want.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is there anything I need to know before getting it a set of bags?
Old 07-28-2010, 03:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

air runner also has a nice kit, but pricey.
install is key, if you have bags rubbing or lines getting pinched, you will have issues
Old 07-28-2010, 04:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Marshall, eight08customs has Universal Air. one of the first, if not the first 2nd gen to be bagged... ever i think! heres his thread from like 3 years ago...

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=105991
Old 07-28-2010, 07:19 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I personally just did an easy street in the forjworks XB.. 6 months later the bag failed becuase of how its designed.. the bag is sealed all one peice with the upper bearing. What happends is the bushing rocks as you turn and it separates from the case. We at forjworks took the strut apart saw how it was designed. and we wouldnt sell this kit to any customers at all even though easy street stand by there product and is willing to warranty it. The reason why is getting stuck isnt fun at all and most of all unsafe and all the clunking noises it makes isnt good also. It was replaced with a UAS front bag set up.. that rides smoother. The rears of easy street is the exactly the same as air runner minus the shock. so the rears are good..

Forjworks has designed a system that is made for the UAS bags.. It fits and made to last. it requires tak welding the perches to the struts. I have had the frst gen 2 baged and that was 3 years ago.. Not one problem with the bags yet not even a leak.

If you have the money for air runner its worth every penny spent.. it is the smoothest and easest kit to install.

But to amswer your question about putting together allthe parts ala cart.. comes out cheaper IMO.. becuase all the kits comes with push to connect fittings that i never use in any of my installs becuase they tend to leak after a while.. so i use compression type fittings that never leak. valves most kits comes with FBSS in which i never install the Side to Side.. so you end up with 4 extra valves. most kits also come with 1/2 lines for what reason i have no cluw but all my installs use 1/4 in lines.. 1/2 line are hard to bend and lifts to fast from my taste..

Hope this helps you decide .. let me knwo if you have any more questions.. I have installed all 3 kits and compared them all..

1. Air runner
2 UAS or Randode
5 Easy street

Last edited by eight08customs; 07-28-2010 at 08:48 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

totally agree with marshal. my front bags are loud and i had one bag fail. easy street replaced it but still
Old 07-28-2010, 08:47 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by masterbB
totally agree with marshal. my front bags are loud and i had one bag fail. easy street replaced it but still
what gets to me is that I spoke with easy street at Spocom long beach.. they were well aware of the flaw.. yet they wait for it to fail on you.. and untill you make some noise they will say so sorry, no problem we fixed the flaw and will replace it.. How about also covering the cost of towing for not letting customers know about the flaws and to send there olds truts back for a replacement.? If they knew about it why didnt they recall all the set ups they already sold.. bad thing to replace the bags is a pain in the butt too. its not like your normal UAS or Firestone bellows type.. where you can just un bolt it and slap a new on in..

What Randode desinged is awsome replacement from what i see. i havent had a chance to install a set up of his yet.. but just from looking at it and following the build. It has my thumbs up..

Ill make anouther post with all the pics of the poorly designed easy street set up..
Old 07-28-2010, 12:02 PM
SL Member

where can i buy an air runner kit?

Quick Reply: Can I get info on airbag suspension?