Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

2006 honda civic... oh no

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 05:22 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default 2006 honda civic... oh no

I've never been a fan of the civic and never will, but with 200hp under the hood of this new civic im just predicting we will all be sick of them lining up at stop lights to prove something, i mean alot more then they already do.

Honesly i think the concept looks better then the production car, een though the article says they look identical.

2006 Honda Civic:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...cleId=106351#1

2006 Honda Civic Concept:

http://www.edmunds.com/news/autoshow...8/page014.html

*My point isnt to rant about civic owners its to get your opinion, ya think it will take a bite out of tc sales.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:28 AM
Banned
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

its fugly. just good specs

i don't see the hype in this car. its a POS
Old 07-08-2005, 05:31 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by taek
its fugly. just good specs

i don't see the hype in this car. its a POS
I agree with ya and I don't look forward to seeing TONS of them on the roads.

*edit: I'll amend this so " jaydub" doesnt place me in the same group. It's ugly in my opinion, spec's are good for what it is, and honda's are very good on reliability (im a former accord owner).
Old 07-08-2005, 05:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ROFL you guys are hilarious. There's a reason that the Civic is such a popular car, and this new model will only help that along; especially if it does come with the 200hp. As for it being a POS, well... we all know Hondas are as reliable as Toyotas so that point is gone...
Old 07-08-2005, 05:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

Now the only thing they have to let people know is the price tag to go along with the Si
Old 07-08-2005, 05:48 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jaydub
ROFL you guys are hilarious.
Maybe it is a geographic thing.... in my part of NY they are like locusts and every time I turn around there’s one humming like a bumble bee ready to boost his/her ego. And yes an economy car that can be modded on a budget is the reason the car is so popular but don’t forget we tC owners can't fool ourselves we are driving Camry’s in disguise. (and im ok with that ive come to terms with it)

My point once again wasn’t about the reason its popular or its reliability, it was weither or not Honda will succeed in taking a bite out of the tC market.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

looks like a mini-accord coupe.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If anything, nationally, it's the other way around. The tC probably took a small bite out of the Civic's market. The Civic is an established name, and the tC is still very new. The tC does have an advantage by being quite a bit cheaper than the Si (I should know, my last car was a 2002 Civic Si), with equal horsepower. Depending on how much they want for the new Si when it comes out, it might be worth the extra 40hp over the tC. Look at it this way - the average tC costs ~$17, and if you add the supercharger, you're at $20k. I think it's likely the Si will cost around that much since the last one MSRP'ed at $19,5xx or so. I think Honda is smart enough to know that they've got to price it competitively to sell.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:59 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

If anything, nationally, it's the other way around. The tC probably..........
makes sense.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

200 hp is nice, but expect the 200 hp model to start at 19k+ or likely more. (the current 160 hp Si starts at 19k)
Old 07-08-2005, 06:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cfusionpm
200 hp is nice, but expect the 200 hp model to start at 19k+ or likely more. (the current 160 hp Si starts at 19k)
see my reply about getting the tC to 200hp, though. 40hp is a ton. btw, as a testament to its lack of popularity, the EP3 Si can be bought for less than $17k. I bought my 2002 brand new for that much.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:11 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NY_BSP_Scion
ROFL you guys are hilarious.
Maybe it is a geographic thing.... in my part of NY they are like locusts and every time I turn around there’s one humming like a bumble bee ready to boost his/her ego.
yea i know what you mean there everywhere around here im so sick of them too, but thats ok the more civics out there the more our cars stand out.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

see my reply about getting the tC to 200hp, though. 40hp is a ton. btw, as a testament to its lack of popularity, the EP3 Si can be bought for less than $17k. I bought my 2002 brand new for that much.
ah, yeah. see, i used to work at a honda dealership, and at least where i worked, Si's were going for no less than 19k. we would usually throw on a buncha extra junk, charge a bunch more, and then customers would "negotiate" their way back to about 19k. we didnt sell very many, but i dont think we sold one for less than 18k. i worked there from late 2003 into mid 2004, so that was just my experience.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I think it'd look ok without all those blacked-out hood and lights and the stupid wing!
Old 07-08-2005, 06:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

car looks hot. HOpefully people who were going to buy the tC go and buy that so there aren't as many tc's rolling around.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ah, yeah. see, i used to work at a honda dealership, and at least where i worked, Si's were going for no less than 19k. we would usually throw on a buncha extra junk, charge a bunch more, and then customers would "negotiate" their way back to about 19k. we didnt sell very many, but i dont think we sold one for less than 18k. i worked there from late 2003 into mid 2004, so that was just my experience.
Ahh well that makes sense. I know that a lot of dealerships were doing that with Integras back in the day. I saw this one GSR that had been marked up to almost $25k with all the crap they put on it. I dunno, I still have a soft spot for my old Civic Si, and I've had three Civics in all, so I think this one will do well. I think Honda made a good decision by making it a coupe, though. Hatches just don't seem to fly here very well anymore.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bubblemyster
car looks hot. HOpefully people who were going to buy the tC go and buy that so there aren't as many tc's rolling around.
It's pretty unrealistic to think that any mass produced car will be "rare." We're not talking about runs of 1500 cars or something, the tC and the Civic Si will both be produced in similar numbers, so I wouldn't be surprised to see tons of both around. Hell, my experience is that I see far more tC's than I do Si's now.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:55 AM
Banned
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

guys get real

just look at that civic. its fugly the exterior is so disgusting

the price will stay the same, not going to change. 200 hp? so what. the crazy part of the car is that it has a LSD for such a low price.

what you guys don't know is that tC will be released in japan with a new motor. 2.8 liter brand new designed engine by toyoa . 240 hp inline 4 for the tC. I'm not makin stuff up. they'rea ctually sending one to US to have it test fitted and worked on.

and oh yeah, i never told you guys

-taek
Old 07-08-2005, 07:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

I don't know if I'd call it similar numbers. They sell 25,000 Civics a month compared to 5,000 tCs, and Scion production is maxed out. This also means you'll have like 5 of them revving on you at the stoplight.

IMO, there's more similarities than differences between the two. And like was said, to classify Hondas as a POS is innacurate in my experiences. Just because people do stupid things to them doesn't make them a POS.
Old 07-08-2005, 07:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheScionicMan
I don't know if I'd call it similar numbers. They sell 25,000 Civics a month compared to 5,000 tCs, and Scion production is maxed out. This also means you'll have like 5 of them revving on you at the stoplight.

IMO, there's more similarities than differences between the two. And like was said, to classify Hondas as a POS is innacurate in my experiences. Just because people do stupid things to them doesn't make them a POS.
Absolutely, but my point about comparing similar numbers are that both are mass produced and are therefore automatically not rare or limited. Also, I was comparing Civic Si's to tC's, not all Civics. Absolutely, if we combine all civic coupes, sedans, and hatches of all trim levels, they'll be 5 times as common as tC's.

Quick Reply: 2006 honda civic... oh no