Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

2006 honda civic... oh no

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 07:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by taek
guys get real

just look at that civic. its fugly the exterior is so disgusting

the price will stay the same, not going to change. 200 hp? so what. the crazy part of the car is that it has a LSD for such a low price.

what you guys don't know is that tC will be released in japan with a new motor. 2.8 liter brand new designed engine by toyoa . 240 hp inline 4 for the tC. I'm not makin stuff up. they'rea ctually sending one to US to have it test fitted and worked on.

and oh yeah, i never told you guys

-taek

are u serious? that seems kinda random...where did u get this info from?....and 2.8L i-4? dangg!!! now...thats a large ___ inline 4.... but 240 HP is pretty nice....
Old 07-08-2005, 07:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by franktherank
Originally Posted by taek
guys get real

just look at that civic. its fugly the exterior is so disgusting

the price will stay the same, not going to change. 200 hp? so what. the crazy part of the car is that it has a LSD for such a low price.

what you guys don't know is that tC will be released in japan with a new motor. 2.8 liter brand new designed engine by toyoa . 240 hp inline 4 for the tC. I'm not makin stuff up. they'rea ctually sending one to US to have it test fitted and worked on.

and oh yeah, i never told you guys

-taek

are u serious? that seems kinda random...where did u get this info from?....and 2.8L i-4? dangg!!! now...thats a large butt inline 4.... but 240 HP is pretty nice....
If you believe that drivel, I've got a bridge I can sell you for cheap.
Old 07-08-2005, 07:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Yeah, I hear ya. I knew it was a lump number, they only set apart the hybrids.

I know it cost them one Scion sale. My co-worker was a minute away from dropping his deposit on an RS1 tC when he saw the Civic and decided to wait. He's got a Del Sol now and likes the Hondas and their red and he'll probably miss the RS1s if he decides that he doesn't like the civic when they come out.
Old 07-08-2005, 07:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the new model reminds me of a neon for some odd reason..gives me the shivers..the si looks pretty nice tho
Old 07-08-2005, 07:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd have to see the new civic in person to make final judgement. Its okay, personally i think the mid 90's hatchback was the best designed civic as far as appearance goes.

Taek, 2.8L? Thats ridiculous. Why would they release the Tc to japan anyway, the Tc is already over there in 4 door form. Not only that, if they did release it it wouldn't be called the Tc more than likely...being Scion isn't in production overseas, american brand name, but built in japan. 2.8 is huge for a 4 cyl, i don't know about that. 2.4l is one of the largest 4 cyl's in production. If they are producing a 2.8 4 cyl, thats just..wow..

Cya
Old 07-08-2005, 09:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

he's full of ____. i like how japan will send a car to the US to test so it can sell in Japan. uh huh.

i like the design of the new Civic ... i don't think we should be afraid if it's good-looking or a good value, this is what keeps the competition alive and makes products better (hopefully!). To put it in perspective, we're all buying econoboxes to begin with... we're not dealing with extremely rare vehicles. just enjoy your ride!
Old 07-08-2005, 09:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Actually, I think the added horsepower and redesign is a good thing. It will only cause Scion to develope better vehicles to hold their niche. Simple business competition. I look forward to Scion's answer.
Old 07-08-2005, 09:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

jaydub.

jamiroquai = good times.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i like it.

I hat hondas like the next honda hater but i respect what they (civic bunch) has done for the tuner scene. without the sucess of the Civic and the Si,s and stupid easy motor swaps, we wouldnt have such a turnout like the scion brand or the SRT-4 and the like.

i would certantly trade my xB for a 92 hatch, build it, and smoke all you tC guys

yeah its ugly compared to the concept but otherwise it will be sold in mass quantities and make lots of punk tuners happy.

i say this. its not the car, its the driver. when i raced my focus on the track, i was beating everyone. the only reason i didnt make it to the semi finals in bracket racing is because the other driver beat me on the tree.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hondas are great cars, basically for the past decades, toyota and honda are playing leap frog for quality. Do not diss honda like that!

but n e way.. sexy specs.... yet... it's fugly lol
Old 07-08-2005, 01:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

wrong forum...moved.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Honda's are great cars, i was going to buy a civic or a lancer if i couldn't come up with enough money for my tC. But, after seeing that 2006, i would definitly still choose the tC over the civic. The body style just doesn't compare. Toyota hit the nail on the head with the tC. I'm still turning heads at stoplights!!
Old 07-08-2005, 01:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You know.. i really actually liked the Civic Si concept. Especially since when I owned my '02 Si hatch I thought it was the fugliest slowest car on the road (and was nearly right) so I thought Honda was making a good decision with the new design and finally deciding to drop in the 200HP engine that the Civic Type R in Europe has had for several years now.

However, I must say after seeing a picture of the actual production model Civic, it looks like crap. The roofline is rediculous looking, nothing flows on the car, the wheels are just as ugly as they were on my Si, and the car is still going to be relatively slow because of the low torque numbers Honda's engines put out. And I'm sure they're going to charge well over $20,000 for the Si once all is said and done. Hell, they wanted $19,900 for the '02 Si--- and aside from the nice seats and interior materials, can we say rip off?
Old 07-08-2005, 01:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, the regular civic will only have 140 hp, according to vtec.net. It's only the Si that gets the 200 ponies and it will start around 20 grand. Oh, and they get an optional Navi and standard Satelite Radio. Here is the link: http://vtec.net/modelmatrix/
Old 07-08-2005, 02:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

...Meh.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Boricua
Here is the link: http://vtec.net/modelmatrix/
Nice link.

and "dgHotLava" if that was the wrong forum where was it supposed to be????
My questions where for tC owners in the tC forum?
Old 07-08-2005, 05:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Even if it does have 200 HP its still gonna have around 100 FT. lbs of torque so there are still no worries besides it will make it more fun if we woop there asses when they have more horses...
Old 07-08-2005, 05:47 PM
erc
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the 200 horse isn't the only thing that makes it cool.. it's also got limited slip diff, and brembo brakes and 6 speed transmission.

Who would ever buy an RSX-S?

I think it'll be a bit more expensive than the previous Si... but if it's not, that's a pretty good deal.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by erc
the 200 horse isn't the only thing that makes it cool.. it's also got limited slip diff, and brembo brakes and 6 speed transmission.

I think it'll be a bit more expensive than the previous Si... but if it's not, that's a pretty good deal.
that's awesome. i feel like i got totally jipped now when i had mine. boo
Old 07-08-2005, 07:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by erc

Honda isnt going to put Brembos in the Si. It may (big maybe) be offered as an ASPEC option, but I doubt. However, the Si will be offered with High Performance Tires as an option.

I have noticed the animosity this car creates with some of you TC owners. Some of you act like your TC is a torque monster or something. Competition is a good thing for car enthusiasts, instead of it being the root cause for an internet ____ing contest.

Quick Reply: 2006 honda civic... oh no