Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

2006 honda civic... oh no

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 03:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

...side mirrors look odd mounted on door...not A pillar...the new signal indicators look to be mirror mounted....Hybrid wheels look horrible...Civic si coupe looks a lot like the show car did...the craziest thing about them is the single gauge stacked dash...civics w/navigation...hmmm.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

with Honda and Toyota changing thier HP numbers for 2006 models, I wonder if the "200 HP SI" will und up being lower...
Old 08-23-2005, 10:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by UnFocused
with Honda and Toyota changing thier HP numbers for 2006 models, I wonder if the "200 HP SI" will und up being lower...
Yes. If the 210hp RSX went down to 201hp this year, I can see all the numbers going down just a little.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's one huge "H" symbol on the front grille.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by chucksu
Originally Posted by UnFocused
Yes. If the 210hp RSX went down to 201hp this year, I can see all the numbers going down just a little.
The new Si, which was stated to have 200hp, will now have 197hp according to the new SAE rating standard.
Old 09-03-2005, 05:04 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

It's funny to read such biased opinions. The '06 SI will beat the TC in every catatgory besides price.... because you get what you pay for... obviously.

EDIT BY REAL STAT
---see that's the thing, by what it has it's not in the same class as the tc, for something over 20K you can definatly beat the TC, SRT4, dodge charger, colbolt SS, and a bunch of other cars I havn't herd of but have more HP and goodies, so I don't really see it being the same comparison.

and come on EVERY catatgory, speed yes, handling unknown, every thing else is subjective. your just bitter cus you don't have an evo.
Old 09-04-2005, 11:49 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by jaydub
ROFL you guys are hilarious. There's a reason that the Civic is such a popular car, and this new model will only help that along; especially if it does come with the 200hp. As for it being a POS, well... we all know Hondas are as reliable as Toyotas so that point is gone...
Well said.

Originally Posted by tckurt
Even if it does have 200 HP its still gonna have around 100 FT. lbs of torque so there are still no worries besides it will make it more fun if we woop there asses when they have more horses...
Spoken like a true fanboi

Originally Posted by TimmyT
Compared to a Civic Si. the tC is a torque monster.
oh noes!!! 20 more lb-ft of torque
Old 09-05-2005, 05:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Let me clarify my opinion on the new Civic SI.....

I am in my second year of college- right now i own an xB beacuse it was cheaper to buy/cheaper to maintain.

when I graduate in a few years and start making good money, then you will probably find an 08' SI in my driveway.....

IMO the tC is compareable to a Civic coupe EX, not an SI

the SI is a more compleate package IMO......
Old 09-05-2005, 07:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

while i agree that the Si has more power (at higher rpms) than the tC.. I don't see where the Si has more features than the tC.. besides more power and the LSD..

Besides that it has the same features.. so maybe someone can tell me besides the features i mentioned, what it has in features, over and above what the tC has..

the other thing I heard about the civic coupe was that it was smaller inside.. When I go to test drive one i'll see for myself.. the tC has a lot more room than my old 96 civic.. and I am glad for that..
Old 09-05-2005, 08:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

The new sedan looks like a mini TL
Old 09-05-2005, 09:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The new Si's 197hp is apparently causing a panic in Honda's marketing department. They had really wanted to reach 200hp, but the new SAE standards cut it back to 197. With the supercharged tC having at least 200hp and likely a small price and feature advantage, I think the Si will have a serious fight on its hands.

Casey
Old 09-05-2005, 09:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

the rsx-s has 160 lbs of torque, and tC has 163......the new Si is gonna get that engine pretty much right? i dunno, i think it's gonna be great. i'm sure it will bite into our tC sales, but thats ok...cause in the end everything will get better. i just hate all the hating (haha, i'm hating on hating). i can just see a bunch of tC guys talking ish whenever they see a new si. it's all about the cars man, stop trying to be a gang. i'm all about the cars, no bias. there's only two things i can't stand in this world, people who can't tolerate other cars, and the civic...hahahahahaha.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

this is what the artical at the begining said....

"""The center-mounted exhaust looks cool to us, though we imagine the kids would still replace it with those polished coffee cans."""
Old 09-05-2005, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by uberscionofglendale
the rsx-s has 160 lbs of torque, and tC has 163......the new Si is gonna get that engine pretty much right? i dunno, i think it's gonna be great. i'm sure it will bite into our tC sales, but thats ok...cause in the end everything will get better. i just hate all the hating (haha, i'm hating on hating). i can just see a bunch of tC guys talking ish whenever they see a new si. it's all about the cars man, stop trying to be a gang. i'm all about the cars, no bias. there's only two things i can't stand in this world, people who can't tolerate other cars, and the civic...hahahahahaha.
well for me i never was hating on the other engine, i just said that the tC has more power.. and i think that honda should at least get it higher than the tC.. that's all.. competition is always about "raising the bar" not just meeting it. The tC came out and set a standard which was exactly what a lot of us were asking for (thanks toyota for actually LISTENING).. then the 06 Si comes out and it's like a copy of the tC.. Honda has is in their power to create another CRX-like car and they should.. It's what we've been asking for, for a long time..

I think that the new Si is a move in the right direction, Honda almost established this segment by themselves (besides the VW GTI) with the intro of the CRX back in the day, they dropped the ball.. so if I am one of those "tC guys talking ish" it's because I was there when Honda was THE car to have.. and how they messed up and have fallen, not really caring about the segment that put them there. I went through all of that, and they have to do better than the Si to get people like me (there are a lot like me out there too, look we bought a tC!) back to their brand..

So is it hating? no it was a case of being forgotten by Honda and now when they see Scion making lots of money from people who were forgotten by Honda then they think that one car, the Si is going to make it "all better"? nope.. gonna take more than that.. I think i will test drive the Si but it will be comparing it to the tC.. and to the old CRX Si as well.. if honda keeps going in this direction they'll make back their marketshare it's going to take time..
Old 09-05-2005, 11:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by c_rowe
The new Si's 197hp is apparently causing a panic in Honda's marketing department. They had really wanted to reach 200hp, but the new SAE standards cut it back to 197. With the supercharged tC having at least 200hp and likely a small price and feature advantage, I think the Si will have a serious fight on its hands.

Casey
I can see this kind of. Mostly for the fact, I would think the tC is still a pig compared to the civic. So the lighter Civic (with better gearing for its TQ range) should be able to keep up with the "TQ monster tC". I would see both being a good car for 1/8 track times with the civic pulling away when taking 3rd gear. I still figure the new civic will get a good EPA rating on "green" & gas usage. I do at least give Honda a thumbs up for trying to change the civic, just that sense the EK series, I dont like the looks
Old 09-05-2005, 11:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Remember kids, that 200hp isn't at the wheels. As for it's looks...it's ok, still rather have a Benz.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:58 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

All manufacturer horsepower ratings are given at the crank. Thats how it always is. And its 197 hp SAE net.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:27 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sciontc_mich
while i agree that the Si has more power (at higher rpms) than the tC.. I don't see where the Si has more features than the tC.. besides more power and the LSD..
Besides that it has the same features.. so maybe someone can tell me besides the features i mentioned, what it has in features, over and above what the tC has..
Si Advantages (correct me if im wrong) -not listed in any particular order

1) Tilt And Telescoping Wheel
2) Better freeway mileage 31 vs 29mpg. Yes I know the Si requires 91.
3) Better seats. They look really nice and are bolstered better.
4) Rev-limit indicator light on the upper level of the instrument panel that flashes 600 rpm before the engine's 8000 rpm redline is reached, then goes to solid red at 8000 rpm.
5) Speed-Sensitive Volume Control
6) Availabilty of OEM integrated Navigation. 6.5 inch screen with 7 million points of interest and voice activation that can recognize >600 commands. The navi found in Hondas/Acuras are arguably the best/easiest to use.
7) With navi comes a digital audio card reader that can play MP3 and WMA files from SD, CompactFlash™ , and Flash ATA memory cards (PCM adapter required for all cards.

Personally, the K20Z3 combined with the LSD already makes me a happy camper. The things mentioned above are also nice to have.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by corey415
[

Personally, the K20Z3 combined with the LSD already makes me a happy camper. The things mentioned above are also nice to have.
then if that's what makes you happy, that's what you should buy.. problem solved..
Old 09-06-2005, 12:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just read the latest Car & Driver. 0-60 7.3 w/ the 6-speed manual. Not too far out of reach for the tC. A supercharged tC should walk the Si with ease...

Quick Reply: 2006 honda civic... oh no