Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

2006 honda civic... oh no

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 03:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sciontc_mich
then if that's what makes you happy, that's what you should buy.. problem solved..
Problem solved? What problem? You asked a question, and I gave you an answer.
You going to tell me to buy a Mazda 3 next or something?

I dont even plan to buy a car for a few years, I am getting ready to buy a house first.

The fact that the 06 Civic Si exists is a good thing for the Scion Tc. Competition is better for the market. I have a feeling that damned TRD supercharger will finally come out very soon, coincidentally with the release of the 06 Si.

I also have a feeling that the navi option will be available for the Tc as well, perhaps during the Mid Model Change.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by BreakTheStatic
Just read the latest Car & Driver. 0-60 7.3 w/ the 6-speed manual. Not too far out of reach for the tC. A supercharged tC should walk the Si with ease...
was that in the real mag or the web site, I looked on the site and didn't see anything but the 05.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by STAT
Originally Posted by BreakTheStatic
Just read the latest Car & Driver. 0-60 7.3 w/ the 6-speed manual. Not too far out of reach for the tC. A supercharged tC should walk the Si with ease...
was that in the real mag or the web site, I looked on the site and didn't see anything but the 05.
I heard the 2006 was in the mid to high 6's for 0-60. Not to mention if you want to talk about your F/I. A turbo si would walk the tc. n/a n/a si would beat the tc. So your statement is pointless in the sense f/i 4cyl vs. n/a 4cyl is rarely a "fair race".

06' Si - slighter lower to ground, better power to weight ratio, cloer ratio'd gearing, lighter, better weight distrubution, more whp (30+ over tc), better engineerd suspension from factory.

The TC is a nice car, but it makes you tcers look like "ricers" when you talk about how fast the tc is and how many cars it can beat from factory. Give me a break. I'm not saying all TC owners are like that, im not even saying the person who made the f/i statement is.. But sheesh.

Cya
Old 09-07-2005, 02:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It is in the October issue pg 86. Full review of the 06 Civic Si. 7.3sec 0-60, top speed 136 (redline limited). I never said that the tC is a race car, just merely pointed out that the upcoming Si isn't as potent as ppl originally perceived. The tC vs. Si (which costs around 3k more) could easily be a driver's race, stock for stock. With the extra 3k you'd spend on getting the Si, you could add on the factory S/C. My argument about the supercharger isn't from a performance perspective, because obviously, anything that can be done to the tC can also be done to the Si. From a price point though, for what you would spend on a stock Civic Si, you could get a better performing (minus the LSD) tC. That's all I was trying to say.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:43 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

The car and driver article is an estimated time and wasn't tested.

The latest Motortrend got there in 6.7 seconds and you that's with having to shift into 3rd to hit 60. It makes the RSX-S seem realy overpriced since it is basicly the same thing.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry I wasn't aware that the C&D was the manufacturer's estimate. I stand corrected
Old 09-07-2005, 05:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

well.... HONDA CIVIC should say it all.. honda sux butt... why are we even talking about hondas anywayz???
Old 09-07-2005, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by swartzy999
well.... HONDA CIVIC should say it all.. honda sux butt... why are we even talking about hondas anywayz???
its people like you that make the scion community look bad. We're talking about honda's because this is the all other vehicles section of the forum.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey endless254... save up some money, buy a scion, then come try to talk ____.... by the way...i'll be at the san diego meet wanna talk about this on sat... SCIONLIFE.COM IS WHAT THIS IS CALLED...NO F*CKIN HONDA......... BUT GO FIGURE...U DONT EVEN HAVE A SCION HA HA HA.... by the way...those little faces you are cute.... ha ha ha
Old 09-07-2005, 09:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

you put*
Old 09-07-2005, 10:38 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by swartzy999
hey endless254... save up some money, buy a scion, then come try to talk poop.... by the way...i'll be at the san diego meet wanna talk about this on sat... SCIONLIFE.COM IS WHAT THIS IS CALLED...NO F*CKIN HONDA......... BUT GO FIGURE...U DONT EVEN HAVE A SCION HA HA HA.... by the way...those little faces you are cute.... ha ha ha
Just stop talking, you're just making a fool of yourself and further proving my point. Go back, reread my post a few times and maybe you'll understand that the reason the 06 civic is being discussed here is because this is the all other vehicles section.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's funny how this thread resembles those in Honda forums, especially when they talk about the tC or the Mazda3.

In the end, people who try to distance themselves from becoming a sterotypical 'racer' is in fact, acting like one ^^;
Old 09-08-2005, 12:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There are no official times of the 2006 Si, not that i know. I know its supposed to be in the 6 second range.

Who ever says honda sucks, obviously knows nothing. The only reason honda has a bad reputation is the fact all you see is poorly invested civics and accords.

Truth is, if you look past that honda has their stuff straight. Well made, affordable and dependable. EXACTLY what Scion is all about. Why would you even make fun of Honda or any other car manufacture on here? You aren't driving the other manufacture so get over it.

I'm done.

Back to topic: The 2006 Si is faster than the other Si's we have gotten in the past, its a given. I believe it will be worth the money and wait. If the price is under 20K i might consider buying it.

Cya
Old 09-08-2005, 01:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by killerxromances
Back to topic: The 2006 Si is faster than the other Si's we have gotten in the past, its a given. I believe it will be worth the money and wait. If the price is under 20K i might consider buying it.

Cya
Its a honda, it will be over priced like they all are. Lets take a look.... 127hp EX civics = MSRP of something like $17.5k, 160hp Civic Si = somewhere near $19k. So I would see a 200hp Civic being closer to $21k & still not have a great amount of standard features.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:20 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by chucksu

Its a honda, it will be over priced like they all are. Lets take a look.... 127hp EX civics = MSRP of something like $17.5k, 160hp Civic Si = somewhere near $19k. So I would see a 200hp Civic being closer to $21k & still not have a great amount of standard features.
Have you actually seen the specs for the new Si? What standard features is it lacking for its class?
Old 09-08-2005, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by corey415
Originally Posted by chucksu

Have you actually seen the specs for the new Si? What standard features is it lacking for its class?
Agreed, it has tons of features for its class. I'm sure you could find a hand full of cars with more for $20k, however the car is not designed to be a bently, its designed to be an affordable sports car.

Cya
Old 09-08-2005, 03:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The new civic is delicious and buttery. ah, bring back the eighties digital dash bro. I want to feel like i'm driving KITT from knightrider.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The new Civic Si will be "under $20,000" as hinted by Honda. So I'm guessing it'll be like $19,995 or something close to that. That's how marketing works. It has good value since it has a LSD and it's pretty much loaded.

The 6-speed, high revving K20 will make the Si more of a racer than the tC, which is more of a cruiser. The "lack of torque" in the Civic engine can be and should be compensated by revving the engine. I always wonder why people are afraid to rev engines that are made for just that purpose. Honda performance engines are just that way, from the S2K to the new Civic Si.

BTW, for people who care about if the Civic Si is faster or the tC is faster. Why does it matter who's faster? Bragging rights? My guess is that the tC will probably win the first two gears and the Si will win after that. You laugh at American muscle cars for being fast only in a straight line and what's being compared in this thread? 0-60 and quarter times, in a straight line. Yay...

Just enjoy a great car that you bought or your parents bought for you. Learn how to extract the performance out of the tC (safely). I can take a hard sweeping curve faster than cars that should have better performance because I learn the limits of the car and understand how hard I can push it. Driver skill is more important than car specs because most people don't know or push the limits of their cars.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TrafficinLA
The new Civic Si will be "under $20,000" as hinted by Honda. So I'm guessing it'll be like $19,995 or something close to that. That's how marketing works. It has good value since it has a LSD and it's pretty much loaded.

The 6-speed, high revving K20 will make the Si more of a racer than the tC, which is more of a cruiser. The "lack of torque" in the Civic engine can be and should be compensated by revving the engine. I always wonder why people are afraid to rev engines that are made for just that purpose. Honda performance engines are just that way, from the S2K to the new Civic Si.

BTW, for people who care about if the Civic Si is faster or the tC is faster. Why does it matter who's faster? Bragging rights? My guess is that the tC will probably win the first two gears and the Si will win after that. You laugh at American muscle cars for being fast only in a straight line and what's being compared in this thread? 0-60 and quarter times, in a straight line. Yay...

Just enjoy a great car that you bought or your parents bought for you. Learn how to extract the performance out of the tC (safely). I can take a hard sweeping curve faster than cars that should have better performance because I learn the limits of the car and understand how hard I can push it. Driver skill is more important than car specs because most people don't know or push the limits of their cars.
I completely agree with you. However, if you want to talk about autocross.. Stock for Stock the Si should have the better time when you talk similar driver skill. The weight distrub. in the Tc is not that great, and its such a heavy car for what it is. Also stock for stock, the Si is set up to handle such "punishment".

I think people are afraid to rev the motor (high reving motors) because they are afraid to snap a rod or something. I guess the average high reving motor owner doesn't trust factory specs enough to do it.

I'm really pushing towards buying the new Si. You wouldn't need to spend much money to get a great autocross winner.

Cya
Old 09-08-2005, 06:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i drove the 2006 si about 2 weeks ago this thing rocks theres not one thing i did'nt like about it i have a 2000 si and will be gettin the 06 without a doubt

this car sounds like a G35 coupe

glad honda step up a little bit with this civic and can't wait to get mine............

Quick Reply: 2006 honda civic... oh no