Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

2006 honda civic... oh no

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 06:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by VTECnik
i drove the 2006 si about 2 weeks ago this thing rocks theres not one thing i did'nt like about it i have a 2000 si and will be gettin the 06 without a doubt

this car sounds like a G35 coupe

glad honda step up a little bit with this civic and can't wait to get mine............
How were you able to test drive one? Do you work for Honda?

Cya
Old 09-09-2005, 01:46 AM
Jo2
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ They are having civic "parties" in certain cities. The on in NY is coming up on the 17th of september and I've already registered to go test drive the si. They are having a festival all day and Staind will be performing. I'm leaning towards either picking up the si or getting a xb. The tc is obviously more comparable, but something about the car doesn't really do it for me...plus my lil bro already has a tc.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats cool...

Are the dates posted on honda.com?
Old 09-09-2005, 03:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

not sure if the dates are posted i got a invite in the mail for NY but i'll be down in NOPI so i pulled some strings with my friend that works for honda i drove it when they did......
Old 09-09-2005, 05:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by VTECnik
not sure if the dates are posted i got a invite in the mail for NY but i'll be down in NOPI so i pulled some strings with my friend that works for honda i drove it when they did......
How close is the 6 speed ratio? Would you say it lives up to the hype about being the fastest? Also, how does it handle...I'm not sure how much test driving you did..But any information would be nice.

Cya
Old 09-09-2005, 08:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by zach
Remember kids, that 200hp isn't at the wheels. As for it's looks...it's ok, still rather have a Benz.
uh....the 160 the tC has isn't at the wheels either. dunno here guys, i can't talk to much cause i don't know yet. i haven't seen exact specs, or driven the car. but, all i'm saying is it's sad to see so many people just bashing. automatically bashing cause it's a honda. that's just really sad to see. again, it's all about the cars, period.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

From what i've read in articals, the Si has 195whp which would make it above 200hp to the crank. I cannot say this is true, but thats what a few places have apparently dyno'd.

Even if the Si is 200crank, that would make it roughly 180-185whp.

The TC with a manual i have seen dyno first hand 139whp, although a lot of people here claim 142 give or take. I'd say between 139-145whp is a good call.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:03 PM
Jo2
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by killerxromances
Thats cool...

Are the dates posted on honda.com?
here you go:

http://eshots.com/civiclive/
Old 09-09-2005, 11:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Si has 197 hp at the crank. However, this is the rating per the new SAE regulations. I belive the TC hp rating according to the new SAE regulations is 154hp instead of 160hp at the crank. Same motor, just a different rating system.
Old 09-11-2005, 05:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by uberscionofglendale
uh....the 160 the tC has isn't at the wheels either.
That's good because I didn't say it did.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:03 AM
5 Year Member

why o why couldnt the tc have blue illumination console like the civic.
Old 09-15-2005, 04:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hippo
why o why couldnt the tc have blue illumination console like the civic.
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37747
There's a how-to for ya, if you wanna try changing the gauges to blue yourself.
Old 09-25-2005, 12:53 AM
Jo2
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is my quick and dirty review of the '06 si that I posted up on clubsi.com:

"Now i'll preface by saying I don't know that much about cars compared to most on here, and I am by no means a car reviewer, but these are my thoughts...
I took the trek up to NYC to go to the civic live event and testdrive the si this morning. Of course I was hungover, so I forgot my camera like a total retard, which is quite typical of me, so no pics unfortunately. It wouldn't have been anything special though, same exact car you've all seen in the pics online.
The event was sort of lame in that they basically had a faux auto-x course set up in a parking lot, which was extremely short. If you took a nice testride, it would last about a minute tops. If you beat on the car, it would be a 30 second test drive. In the one parking lot, they had the civic sedan, coupe, and si (they may have had the hybrid also). The only one I testdrove out of that group was the si.
Power...seemed pretty nice. The engine had a cool growl to it when you floored it. The straightaway on the course was so short that i'm not even sure if I hit vtec or not. If I did, it didn't have the noticeable kick of the 00 si's. Adequate power down low, and you really didn't feel like you had to rev the ____ out of the car to go anywhere (but it sure was fun to do it). The course was so short/curvy that I was lucky to get it into second gear. Shifts were crisp, and the pedal feel of the clutch was fairly short, but also nice.
The si was equipped with the nav, which was cool, but pretty hard to understand how to control. There were like 20 buttons on the thing. The steering seemed very quick and responsive.
That was my first test drive. Pretty nice. I then went to the second parking lot. There they had ridgelines, a hybrid accord sedan, an element, and a '06 ex v6 6mt. I of course took the ex out for a test drive. This car was super nice. The interior was almost on par with my audi's. I really didn't have a chance to get on this car at all because it was basically in their suv parking lot, so a lot of twists, and no straightaways. The power though seemed very nice. 244hp I think.... I'd take this over the si anyday of the week if I wasn't trying to find a "cheaper" car.
Then, checked out some of the festivities, yadda yadda, told my girlfriend I wanted to testdrive the si one more time before we left. This time I really wanted to push the car. The rules for driving any of the cars were, don't knock over any cones, and don't screech the tires. I broke both of these rules on the second run.

Started off by gunning it, I told my girlfriend to watch the tach to see if it lighted up when I hit vtec. She isn't sure because I came close to running off the track and not slowing down in time, hence taking out some cones. Then came the s curves. I wanted to see how far I could push the car with the lsd. Now i'm not too up on how the lsd works, if it is supposed to completely eliminate understeer or what...but it didn't when I pushed the car to its limits. I gunned it hard into one turn, and it was sticking pretty good, until it went into a some hard understeer, complete with tire screeching and almost more cone deaths. Salespeople were pretty cool about it though and didn't seem to mind as everyone was beating the ____ out of the car.
My final verdict...the accord was really nice. The redesigned ___ end looks beautiful in my opinion, and overall, for the short drive, I liked the power a lot more, and it seemed more comfortable to drive. The civic on the otherhand was very fun. It was a lot more raw and unrefined. The engine note was awesome. Sounded like my 00 si with an injen intake. The interior was pretty nice but...could have been a bit nicer..still a lot of plastic, and I didn't see the supposed aux import for mp3 players. I'm still on the fence about the civic. At the end of the day I am left thinking "is this worth 20k or more with nav??". I'd have to say no. Maybe 17-18k tops. It still felt very much like a civic (duh). Its like this car doesn't know what it wants to be. At that price, I felt the interior could have been a lot nicer. If you think its worth it because of the 197hp and the lsd....I dunno, there are obviously cheaper/faster options out there. A used s2000 at $22k seems like a better buy to me then a new si, provided it fits your lifestyle. When all is said and done though, it was a very nice package overall, and its a top contender for my next car. Now only if you can order it withought that dopey wing. The exterior was stunning imo, all it needs is a drop and it would be perfect. "