Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

all hail the new dodge challenger updated pics

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 01:06 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default all hail the new dodge challenger updated pics

they need to ditch the cross hair center grill so it'll look like the 70 challenger

http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/challenger.html
Old 11-24-2005, 01:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

meh the will f it up like the charger.
Old 11-24-2005, 06:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

VERY original. This is why the Japanese kick America's ___ w/ cars all the time. They come out with stuff you've never seen before, we come out with remakes of stuff that's been rusting in junkyards for years. (I like muscle cars, I'm just sick of the lack of creativity exhibited by our auto industry.)
Old 11-24-2005, 02:43 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'd so poop my pants if they make that car into a 4 door!!!
Old 11-24-2005, 05:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Chikubi
VERY original. This is why the Japanese kick America's butt w/ cars all the time. They come out with stuff you've never seen before, we come out with remakes of stuff that's been rusting in junkyards for years. (I like muscle cars, I'm just sick of the lack of creativity exhibited by our auto industry.)
Well said...
Old 11-24-2005, 10:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

It'd be nice if it could go to market exactly the way shown, but they will manage to screw it up the same way they did the Charger. WTF were they thinking by using the Charger name on such a non sporty car (sedan no less).
At least Ford got it right with the GT and Mustang.
Old 11-25-2005, 03:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

dude that is the baddest car to come from the us of a in years.. i cant wait.
Old 11-25-2005, 04:29 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

OMG that things front is pug fugly!
Old 11-25-2005, 04:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

OhioScions
SL Member

Originally Posted by Metro273
Originally Posted by Chikubi
VERY original. This is why the Japanese kick America's butt w/ cars all the time. They come out with stuff you've never seen before, we come out with remakes of stuff that's been rusting in junkyards for years. (I like muscle cars, I'm just sick of the lack of creativity exhibited by our auto industry.)
Well said...
what japenese cars have style like that?
they all look the same just run better, thats what a real car look like
Old 11-25-2005, 06:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

it cool
Old 11-25-2005, 10:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

I like it. . . I guess the german management in this "american" company is paying off. . .

It's amazing what a cheapened, hacked up MB E-class platform can do for Chrysler/Dodge. Oh yeah. . . and the mutilated ML they call the Pacifica. Although I sound sarcastic, these cars are ten times better than the Intrepids, Statuses, Sebrings, LeBarons, and Caprices of the 90's. . .

. . . if you can't see the evidence of MB giving Chrysler a helping hand, just look to the Ram Van redesign. . . guess what? It's not a redesign! It's a rebadged Mercedes Van.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

what ram van? it wasn't on dodge's website. or did you mean the sprinter?
Old 11-26-2005, 12:15 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sprinter
Old 11-26-2005, 02:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

To those that state that American carmakers have to rely on updated remakes of popular cars of the past and can't come up with new designs...look at the streets...I see a TON MORE of the "new" mustangs than I do Scions. It is marketing and IT IS WHAT SELLS! Plain and simple. I would love to have one of these "new"challengers...if they don't muck it up with power stealing smog parts and 4 doors and such. If Japanese carmakers did it, they would be accused of stealing the designs from the American carmakers. I would HATE to see a remade 73 datsun b210 lol.
Hey, if it is as good as the old version with highly updated safety features and state of the art designs, why bash it? It worked in the past, and it's obviously working NOW! A few examples would be the 05 Mustang, Ford GT, Bronco, Chevy SSR, PT cruiser, etc.
Oh, I forgot...Japan DID do a remake of a classic...The new Toyota FJ! These designs were VERY POPULAR and they are showing a VERY POPULAR demand NOW. Whats wrong with that?
If you can improve on a good thing, WHY NOT?
Old 11-26-2005, 03:11 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

I dont mind the remake thing. the new mustang isn't bad. I just think that some of them are not too pretty. like the SSR, HHR, Pt cruiser and the new challenger would be fine exept I think the grill looks horrible. like they are forcing it to have certain characteristics in that space and they just cant make it work.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by hotbox05
what ram van? it wasn't on dodge's website. or did you mean the sprinter?
Yeah. . . they renamed it the "sprinter," replacing the outgoing Ram Van.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by x_rayted711
To those that state that American carmakers have to rely on updated remakes of popular cars of the past and can't come up with new designs...look at the streets...I see a TON MORE of the "new" mustangs than I do Scions. It is marketing and IT IS WHAT SELLS! Plain and simple. I would love to have one of these "new"challengers...if they don't muck it up with power stealing smog parts and 4 doors and such. If Japanese carmakers did it, they would be accused of stealing the designs from the American carmakers. I would HATE to see a remade 73 datsun b210 lol.
Hey, if it is as good as the old version with highly updated safety features and state of the art designs, why bash it? It worked in the past, and it's obviously working NOW! A few examples would be the 05 Mustang, Ford GT, Bronco, Chevy SSR, PT cruiser, etc.
Oh, I forgot...Japan DID do a remake of a classic...The new Toyota FJ! These designs were VERY POPULAR and they are showing a VERY POPULAR demand NOW. Whats wrong with that?
Well put.

However I would like to see more attention going into new platforms and engines. If they could put as much attention into their engineering as they did with the new Vette, we'd have some definite winners.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by x_rayted711
but...... wouldn't you love to see a remake of 68-72 datsun 510's? i know i sure would... kind of like a new 240 coupe. but a smaller higher revving motor in a lighter shorter body. REVIVAL of small , cheap , light , rwd cars has to come SOON
Old 11-26-2005, 09:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes I would hotbox...Yes I would. I don't understand how GM can spend over a million dollars on a true V-16 cadillac and not do other things with that money like more research on replacing cams with soliniods and such...Anyway...enough ranting...LOL.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

yeah gm is pretty lame. very few of their cars excite me.

only the sky , corvette c5 , and the gto

Quick Reply: all hail the new dodge challenger updated pics