Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

all hail the new dodge challenger updated pics

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 08:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by x_rayted711
Yes I would hotbox...Yes I would. I don't understand how GM can spend over a million dollars on a true V-16 cadillac and not do other things with that money like more research on replacing cams with soliniods and such...Anyway...enough ranting...LOL.
Yes. . . that goes back to what I was saying. . .

The problem doesn't lay within its inherent american foundation, or the fact that it does not benefit from overseas labor. In fact, many "import" manufacturers utilize american labor, while companies like GM outsource to Mexico.

The problem is the management. It always has been, and probably always will be. GM is not a problematic manufacturer, they are a problematic company. Just a few minutes looking at their financials is proof enough. They are more than capable of producing better cars. . .

First Two Things GM NEEDS to do:
1. Consolidate overlapping brands and models which appeal to the same market/demographic. True, the biggest cost is design/testing, but when you have to market and sell the same truck five bazillion times through five different dealers, it gets pretty rediculous. All they really need is Chevy, GMC (and they should allocate all trucks/SUV's to GMC), and Caddilac. I'm sure that someone who'd consider a Pontiac wouldn't mind buying a Chevy.
2. Fire 90% of management and rehire.
Old 11-26-2005, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by djct_watt
First Two Things GM NEEDS to do:
1. Consolidate overlapping brands and models which appeal to the same market/demographic. True, the biggest cost is design/testing, but when you have to market and sell the same truck five bazillion times through five different dealers, it gets pretty rediculous. All they really need is Chevy, GMC (and they should allocate all trucks/SUV's to GMC), and Caddilac. I'm sure that someone who'd consider a Pontiac wouldn't mind buying a Chevy.
2. Fire 90% of management and rehire.
but they cant do #2 because they are americans and all americans are hard headed i am you are we all are...in some form of way.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:27 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

heres the best lookin challenger and its all because of the grill anything after 70 just got ulgier and ulgier

'70 dodge challenger

Old 11-27-2005, 11:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

I like the back end....but the front needs to be reworked. Its way to flat or something.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:24 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

they got new pics on there site

i love how they did there gauges :D
Old 01-11-2006, 08:22 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jethro_b
It'd be nice if it could go to market exactly the way shown, but they will manage to screw it up the same way they did the Charger. WTF were they thinking by using the Charger name on such a non sporty car (sedan no less).
At least Ford got it right with the GT and Mustang.
Ok it hide times I state this, the origonal Charger was marketed as a luxo coupe which then came to be known for tearin a$$ like the BMW 3 series, the only reason it was made that way was because sedans at that time were really heavy thus not sporty at all.

Since then new technology and meterials have enabled auto manufacturers to create 4 door bodies that are even light and more rigid than their coupe counterparts, take for example the current WRX and EVO. So what exactly is soooo wrong with Dodge doing the same with the Charger?

In fact, for almost 20 years now Chrysler has been the only company to come out with production models that look and perform something like their concept versions, remember the Viper, Prowler, PT Cruiser or even Neon? They also make outlandish concepts, but don't slam them with the classic they never follow with their concepts crap, what concepts have Toyota brought to production? At least Subaru tried with the SVX.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:53 AM
Banned
KAD
Scikotics
SL Member

I think it is Ultra-sexy....not just Regular-Sexy, or Budget-Sexy...ULTRA-sexy!
Old 01-11-2006, 12:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My first car out of high school was a 1970 Dodge Challenger with a 340 6 pack (No not beer) I agree with a previous post that said to put the "70" grill on the new Challenger and then you would have something

The problem with US automakers is that they are a day late and a dollor short so to speak. Now that gas prices are climbing they are introducing new gas guzzlers instead of making a more econimical product. When gas prices were fairly low compared to where they are now there were just a few high performance cars available from US automakers.
Old 01-11-2006, 12:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Nice!
Old 01-11-2006, 03:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mavrichie
My first car out of high school was a 1970 Dodge Challenger with a 340 6 pack (No not beer) I agree with a previous post that said to put the "70" grill on the new Challenger and then you would have something

The problem with US automakers is that they are a day late and a dollor short so to speak. Now that gas prices are climbing they are introducing new gas guzzlers instead of making a more econimical product. When gas prices were fairly low compared to where they are now there were just a few high performance cars available from US automakers.
Well they do have that displacement on demand technology, but I don't know how well that would bold with the muscle or tuner crowd, even though a way to adjust it between gas saving and full power at all times would probably fix that.

But even without that feature the current HEMI is about as fuel efficient as an EVO and people are still buying those.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:37 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

speeking of gas saving tech, doesn't the new impala have that button on it that switches it back and forth between a 4c and 6c......
Old 01-11-2006, 09:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

My only issue is with ford and the mustangs. I know why Ford keeps borrowning design ideas from the past mustgangs but for god sakes, come out with a completely original mustang. From headlights to taillights make it original and not just borrow design cue's from the past.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:57 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

and keep them for ten years...........
Old 01-11-2006, 10:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My only issue is with ford and the mustangs. I know why Ford keeps borrowning design ideas from the past mustgangs but for god sakes, come out with a completely original mustang. From headlights to taillights make it original and not just borrow design cue's from the past.
I agree with you except for the fact that it is nice for us old farts to see a car from our past come back to life. Although the technology is much better now, the new version is never quite the same as the original IMHO.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:17 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics

Awsome looking cars!!

I liked them when they came out & would love to grab one, wifey wants the new mustang to match her 67 but I say we have one already.

Really nice car