Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

bB Concept?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 05:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lots of speakers I see !...... I wonder if I see paddle shifters ? or an auto shift column like on a 7 series Bmw ?
Old 10-15-2005, 05:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Yuck!

Originally Posted by bellnier
I bought my box because it looked like...a BOX! If I wanted a PT Cruiser or that ugly PT Cruiser-knockoff thing Chevy is trying to sell, that's what I would have bought.
Agreed! Although I do like the interior in the concept (and we do spend more time in the vehicle than out), it's not enough of a selling point for me personally. I understand that change can be a good thing, but I'll pass on this one.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Oh btw, on the comments about the Chevy HHR, the "PT Cruiser-knockoff thing," . . . the guy who designed the HHR is the exact same guy who designed the PT Cruiser. Knock off? Maybe. . . but it's kinda hard to rip off your own work. Is it still ugly? YES!

The new Subaru Tribeca was designed by a former Alpha Romero guy. . . which is why the grill bears such a strong resemblence. Ugly? Yes, ugly as well.
Old 10-15-2005, 03:08 PM
Banned
KAD
Scikotics
SL Member

^^you guys wanna know why the Suby grill is like that? (btw, it is on the impreza too..) Well, even if you dont Imma tell you, Subaru is trying to give it the feel of an airplane, with the wings and fusellogde(sp?!) and have you ever been in a tribeca, IT IS SO COMFORTABLE for the driver and the passenger (except those in the third row) the whole thing just WRAPS around you, like in a cockpit, kinda like the last gen. Supras.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

A newspaper columnist in San Francisco was fired for stating that the new grill looked like a giant vagina.

The discussion of it:
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182027

The article:
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/con...9006/index.php

But this is getting sidetracked.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by gjpjr84
an option for accent lighting like that would be cool but prolly not since lighting like that can get you ticketed, in some states anyway...
If it was illegal Scion wouldn't have it as a accessory!!
Old 10-15-2005, 09:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by djct_watt
A newspaper columnist in San Francisco was fired for stating that the new grill looked like a giant vagina.

The discussion of it:
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182027

The article:
[url]http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/content/11236156021648489006/index.php[url]

But this is getting sidetracked.
@ giant vagina
Old 10-15-2005, 10:03 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bBlover
an option for accent lighting like that would be cool but prolly not since lighting like that can get you ticketed, in some states anyway...
which is why it probably wont be an option.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by bBlover
Well these are concept/prototype pics. . . nothing is necessarily going to go into production, let alone the whole thing as a whole. But it does look fairly production ready, so we might see something about 90% clost to the pics.

On the lighting thing, interior lighting is ok, so long as it isn't visible outside the car from a predetermined distance. Exterior lighting in blue or red (except for tail lights) is illegal in every state, and most other decorative (non-functional) lights are illegal in almost every state that I know of. There are certain exceptions, like clearance lights and limo's (longer cars deem it a safety issue).

There is no way that any of the exterior neon stuff will hit production as an accessory. The interior lights alone will probably be dimmmed significantly.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by djct_watt
Well these are concept/prototype pics. . . nothing is necessarily going to go into production, let alone the whole thing as a whole. But it does look fairly production ready, so we might see something about 90% clost to the pics.

On the lighting thing, interior lighting is ok, so long as it isn't visible outside the car from a predetermined distance. Exterior lighting in blue or red (except for tail lights) is illegal in every state, and most other decorative (non-functional) lights are illegal in almost every state that I know of. There are certain exceptions, like clearance lights and limo's (longer cars deem it a safety issue).

There is no way that any of the exterior neon stuff will hit production as an accessory. The interior lights alone will probably be dimmmed significantly.
exactly. i was just too lazy to have gone through all that typing, thank you for doing it for me.

in some states you can get away with some different colored lights as long as they are in a "stock location"
Old 10-16-2005, 08:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so is that really a sub at the base of the center console? someone let me know

i think that's a great idea.. and if the element had it, never knew, never could look at that thing long enough to look inside, i think it's ugly..