Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

BMW raising prices$$$

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 11:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default BMW raising prices$$$

So I love BMW's and am always on the site to find out the latest news as to what's going on with the company etc. It turns out that the new coupe with the 300 hp TT I-6 is going on sale for $40K, and they upgraded the 4 door with the same TT motor as the new coupe. The 4 door is going for $38K to start. This is a signifigant rise in price. The last 325i started at $31K and was good for 215 hp, with the 330 starting at about $35K, and 265 hp. Now an entery level 3-series goes for $35K, and 230 hp with the upgraded option being what I had mentioned above. Over all that's a 4 to 7K increase in price not including extra options.... Freakin' expensive! I was so bent on getting a 3-series after the tC but for the money I would pay, I just made up my mind on the STI. I always had battled with myself to see which one I would've rather had for that price, but now it's obvious. I love the 3-series but it's become way to expensive....
Old 09-27-2006, 12:23 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

my brother is gettin the new bmw 335 coupe i went to test drive with him that thing is BADASS!!! i can only imagine how it would b when they come oout with a software to tune it u should be able to squeeze out 400hp just with a chip...its def better then the sti in every catergory and its very classy...
Old 09-27-2006, 12:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dont think the car is worth it either.. my sis is gettin that or the G35, im telling her G35 but she is set on the BMW
Old 09-27-2006, 02:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by blackonblacktc
i dont think the car is worth it either.. my sis is gettin that or the G35, im telling her G35 but she is set on the BMW
If it were the BMW that the new one replaced, I'd agree with you, but this new bimmer is much better than the G35.

I-6 TT > V6
Old 09-27-2006, 02:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scionBoy86
my brother is gettin the new bmw 335 coupe i went to test drive with him that thing is BADASS!!! i can only imagine how it would b when they come oout with a software to tune it u should be able to squeeze out 400hp just with a chip...its def better then the sti in every catergory and its very classy...
Well it depends what you want. I'm willing to bet that the STI can out perform the new bimmer on the track any day of the week! The bimmer does have the definite edge in looks, and amenities though....
Old 09-27-2006, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude dont get a sti the interior is garbage and its disgustin lookin...its only fast in the 1/4mile big deal....in the bmw u get speed,luxury,and CLASS<---thats what u want

the bmw will get u alot more looks then the sti thats for sure cause no one has em

A BMW will always be a BMW

A STI WILL ALWAYS BE A IMPERZA

the choice is yours man.. for 7k more u get a fast luxiorios comfortable smooth ride..
Old 09-28-2006, 06:39 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude dont get a sti the interior is garbage and its disgustin lookin...its only fast in the 1/4mile big deal....in the bmw u get speed,luxury,and CLASS<---thats what u want

the bmw will get u alot more looks then the sti thats for sure cause no one has em

A BMW will always be a BMW

A STI WILL ALWAYS BE A IMPERZA

the choice is yours man.. for 7k more u get a fast luxiorios comfortable smooth ride..
I'm guessing that WRC doesn't ring a bell. The BMW M3 coupe can meet or beat WRX STi when it comes to handling a road course but can it run at its prime on almost any road surface, except ice?

Of course even the most sophisticated AWD and stability control systems can only go so far in protecting some of the most careless or unfortunate drivers.

And if you say an STi will always be an Impreza, than that means an M3 wil always be a souped up 3 series. In other words a driver oriented but none the less luxury car made to be more sporty.

So according to your logic, how does that hold against a Porsche?
Old 09-30-2006, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

whos gona drive a new sti on ice or a dirt/rocky road where they wont damage paint or anything else... bmw m3 is the king of road course its a ridiclously fun car my buddy has one..

watch this video its well worth watching..... u see what it does in the road course

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8yJ4z2cRrQ

look at this video of a 15 yearold who jacked a stock bmw E30 M3(210HP). he pulled away from a modded z28 comaro POLICE CAR(300+HP). bmws all the way MADE FOR AUTOBAHN SPEEDS BABY

THEY NEVE CAUGHT THE KID ALSO..HAHAHAHAH

BMW M3 = real machine, not a ____ty overrated ricer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3DnTI_Cj2s
Old 09-30-2006, 09:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

whos gona drive a new sti on ice or a dirt/rocky road where they wont damage paint or anything else... bmw m3 is the king of road course its a ridiclously fun car my buddy has one..

watch this video its well worth watching..... u see what it does in the road course

look at this video of a 15 yearold who jacked a stock bmw E30 M3(210HP). he pulled away from a modded z28 comaro POLICE CAR(300+HP). bmws all the way MADE FOR AUTOBAHN SPEEDS BABY

I love the M3 but we're not talking about that car, we're talking about the new 335i coupe vs. the STI. Yes I know the BMW is prettier, everyone knows this, but the STI is attractive in it's own right (exterior), and is by no means "overrated". BMW would get creamed if they tried to compete in the WRC, and Subaru could compete on tarmac easily with the rest of them! The STI is a beast, a true driving machine for about $7K less than the 335i, and about $25K less than the M3! And it can definitely hang with the M3!!! The interior of the STI isn't the best, but opting for a leather package would certainly help it's interior appearance. Then it would be a nice looking car all around in my opinion.

WRX STI:

0-60 in 4.5 seconds!
Top speed, 155 mph!
Symetrical AWD
4 cylinder, turbo charged Boxer engine!
300 hp
Brembo Brakes!!!
Price, $32,000 (loaded)

335i:

0-60 in 5.1
Top Speed, 160 mph
RWD
I-6 Twin turbo motor
300 hp
Price, $40,000 ( to start)

E-90 M3
0-60 in 4.8
Top Speed, 170 mph
RWD
I-6 N/A motor
340 hp
Price, $56,000 (to start)
Old 09-30-2006, 09:18 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member
Scinergy

u can get the bmw 3 series Xi model with continuous awd right? or did they discontinue that model?
Old 09-30-2006, 09:22 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member
Scinergy

id save my pennies and fork over the $5,000-$7,000 premium over an sti for a 3 series Xi sedan with the AWD system... luxurious, fast, and all weather compatible
Old 09-30-2006, 10:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

the name says everything Bmw is bmw..oo and those brembo brakes on the sti have fun payin for a brakejob when its needed its the most expensive braikin system in a sub 30k car....in a bmw u get free maintainance for 4 years that includes oil changes which they use is mobil 1,brake pads and rotors, tires etc...
Old 10-01-2006, 01:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

scionBoy, you're not convincing, you're annoying.

My mom has a 530i. For $55k, it's severely overrated. Woo-hoo, my ___ is more comfortable in this car than the other one. Big deal. The "comfort" argument only goes so far.

My main problem with BMW is their design. Yes, it's classy, ON EVERY SINGLE MODEL. If you don't look at the numbers on the back, you could not tell the difference.

The STi is a better choice, in my opinion.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

If you watched and payed attention to the video link you provided concerning the bmw e30. The cops did catch him. They wouldn't however if the bmw didn't break down.

Old 10-01-2006, 05:46 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member
Scinergy

i think the argument is most people cant justify spending $32k on a car that dosent even have power seats, but in my oppinion the sti and 3 series are 2 different breed of animals. the sti is for people who want a race car pretty much all of the time with no frills or gadgets, where as the 3 series is for someone who wants luxury but still wants a car that handles and accelerates with authority, the "exhilarating" feel.
Old 10-01-2006, 06:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

One can always opt for the WRX STi Limited. It only comes in grey or white though and its still cheaper than an M3. Even though the new M3 has more gunt behind its namesake.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:04 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member
Scinergy

and it dosent have the big rear wing that makes it known!!! lol
Old 10-02-2006, 12:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sci-Tech
SL Member

^^^Its a sleeper. zzz. Thats what Imma try to get my parents to get me for graduation.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:14 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member
Scinergy

... ok, that makes sense!
Old 10-02-2006, 03:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by foxtrot685
id save my pennies and fork over the $5,000-$7,000 premium over an sti for a 3 series Xi sedan with the AWD system... luxurious, fast, and all weather compatible
The AWD system on the BMW is alright.... If I wanted AWD in a luxury sedan I'd get an Audi A4. As far as handling goes it (Audi) classed better than a Subaru Legacy GT!!! BMW is all about RWD!

Quick Reply: BMW raising prices$$$