Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

BMW raising prices$$$

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 09:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

why dont u consider the IS 350. starts at 36K
Old 10-04-2006, 10:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by The_Instigator
While the Bugatti name is owned by Audi/VW, the marque is not considered German. Try again sunshine

Heres a list to help you out: http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/powerlaps.shtml
actualy vw/sudi build bugatti for your information and the next bugatti that is comin out which will be afforBLE will carry the 2.0T engine seen in the gti gli and a3 and pushin 290 hp out of a little 2.0 motor
Old 10-04-2006, 10:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Again, jibberish is not a language I speak. Sorry
Old 10-05-2006, 03:24 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

why dont u get ur treehugger sti and throw that pos off a cliff
Old 10-05-2006, 01:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scionBoy86
my friend has a dti and its not a smooth ride at all its a pos inside...u only thing u care about in a car is its speed its not all about that lets see u hit a wall at in ur sti at 60 then same with the bmw lets see who walks out.. its all about quality of the car..

and dont count out the 335i sayin it not a quick as an sti my brother drove it with me in the car and the beamer can def beat a stock sti for sure...and once a chip is out for it OMG i'm not even gonna say how ridiclous the car will be..they are already workin on a ecu expecting to squeeze out 100hp just out of a chip!!! thats 400hp with just a chip in a HIGH END LUXURY SPORTS COUPE
Actually the STI has recieved 5 star crash test ratings ever since its production. In fact the Impreza series have all recieved 5 star crash test ratings since the release of the WRX. You have to remember man that this is a "rally car". It's meant to be abused! I mean besides the "not so luxury" interior, the STI is an awesome car. Infact the interior isn't that cheap if you know more about the car. That "cloth" is actually alacantara! This is quality stuff man. They put this material in the 911 GT3! The GT3 is as close to a race car as it gets! The dash is real driver friendly as well. It's focused to the driver much like the S2000! The S2000 is a race car. it's not very posh in the inside.

Don't get me wrong I LOVE the 335i, but $4,000 to $10,000 more is a big difference in price for similar, if not better for the STI, performance! I really would be paying that extra money for leather, DVD, heated seats, and all that kind of stuff because the 335i starts at $40,000. I could get an STI with leather, and more for less!
Old 10-05-2006, 01:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scionBoy86
oo really they dont say that to the Bugatti Veyron 0-190 in 13sec and top speed of 290mph lets see a riced out car do that...not even a f1 car can beat it
Top speed of 252 mph, not 290 (although probably more than capable), and on a track with a seasoned driver, YES the F-1 car will beat it. Those cars have over 700hp to the wheels, and are literally centimeters from the ground, as well as having much larger tires, and a wider wheel base. 1001 hp has no place on a race track except maybe on the drag strip! AWD or not it will power slide into the first bank of the track as the F-1 car laps him! The Bugatti would have to have it's suspension track modified, and still it's a production car, not a race car....
Old 10-05-2006, 01:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I mean don't get me wrong "scionboy86" to be totally honest with you if money in that price range wasn't an issue I more than likely would end up getting the Bimmer because it's just that, a Bimmer. But is that really the basis to why one should purchase an automobile. Just because of it's name! I mean granted I know about the car, it's history, the engineering behind it etc., so I wouldn't be like any typical rich girl who gets a Bimmer for her first car because it's the car to have, a BMW.... But I might feel like one because it's that knowing of owning a BMW that would ultimately decide my choosing that car. Many people have BMW's, whether they know what they have or not. STI's are not that common, but the people who own them, for the most part, know what they have!
Old 10-05-2006, 08:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bOhEmIo82
I mean don't get me wrong "scionboy86" to be totally honest with you if money in that price range wasn't an issue I more than likely would end up getting the Bimmer because it's just that, a Bimmer. But is that really the basis to why one should purchase an automobile. Just because of it's name! I mean granted I know about the car, it's history, the engineering behind it etc., so I wouldn't be like any typical rich girl who gets a Bimmer for her first car because it's the car to have, a BMW.... But I might feel like one because it's that knowing of owning a BMW that would ultimately decide my choosing that car. Many people have BMW's, whether they know what they have or not. STI's are not that common, but the people who own them, for the most part, know what they have!

your absouloutly right....good luck with whatever is your choice man..
Old 10-08-2006, 05:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well even though the 335 is about $46k with some options, the IS350 is $46k with ALL options. Pretty much same horses but..its a Toyota