Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

Bye Bye TC Hello Si

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 03:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by PeruzziScion
' At least the back of the tC is sexy cause thats all you'll see of them in your Si...

I have to admit the front of the new Civic is pretty cool..but the back UGLY!

The tC overall has more style to it. It's more classy meets sporty at the same time. The civic....just feels cheap, and way overpriced i am sure. I will admit i was going to get a civic until i sat in it, i wasnt happy at all, the new ones..i am still not happy with it...to me it's a honda and it feels cheap, Toyota feels more put together.

I would rather live with the rattles then live with a honda.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TimmyT
Wich is why the VTEC engines have really low torque numbers respectivly. and OUR tCs are not High revving engines.
Do Honda VTEC motors really have low torque numbers??? You compare the 2.4L toyota motor to the 2.0L Honda motor and expect similar torque figures?? Higher displacement = more torque.

The Honda K24 i-vtec engine has a similar peak torque and probably a flatter torque curve that the toyota 2.4L.

For their given displacement, a Honda VTEC motor actually has a relatively high torque/liter spec in my opinion.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SpUnKyTC
san someone show me a pic of the new si?

http://sema.honda.com/2006civic/index.aspx
Old 09-22-2005, 04:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good luck and be careful not to get ripped off because of the demand for the Si and no set pricing.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by GuyBrawner
Don't forget to hold on when your VTEC kicks in. Might knock your eyeballs out the back of your thread.

Old 09-22-2005, 06:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Good luck and have fun in your Honda...
Old 09-22-2005, 06:56 PM
SL Member

Ack, those pics sucks. A bunch of glossy crap. Any photographer, combined with a Photoshop artist, combined with a webmaster can make a car look good. I wanna see that same car in the broad daylight sitting in K Mart parking lot, I gaurantee it won't look that same as in those pics.

You sure you didn't put a link up for the new Accord 2-door?
Old 09-22-2005, 07:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The new civic is kinda ugly, but the dash is a major improvement.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I SHALL CALL IT.....MINI ME!

Old 09-22-2005, 09:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

honda has become so bouring in their design, they are just so vanilla. at one time they really did have the right stuff, but now everyone and their grandmothers (literally) drive them. honda's are good cars no doubt, but no matter how you slice it, they will never look as great as a tc. you loose dude.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow you guys are acting like he slapped your mothers! Geesh... If it wasnt for the whole "Civic scene" the tuner world would not be what it is today. I like the new SI, just under 200HP, 6 speed, 4 wheel disc brakes, and an LSD tranny... All with Hondas reliablity, its a good car. Its not like the Tc is the most original car itself as some seem to think. Its a camry with a new face. Period. Im not dissin on the Tc, but dont act like it is superior to the Si. Civics have been around much much longer, and have helped pave the way for cars like the TC. I am selling my box and may consider the SI myself. So I say good choice and have fun.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The nice thing about bland is that it is easier to personalize.

Also, since Honda seems to be a "rice" thing it'll be easier to be accepted within the Honda community with a few mods. Here, one spoiler or wing will have the townsfolk yelling "WITCH! WITCH!" and then pre- .. Oh I mean, yelling "RICE RICE."

The Honda is probably going to be more mod friendly I'm sure, while still staying CARBeriific. Who loses?

I prefer the tC anyways.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Originally Posted by squareone
Wow you guys are acting like he slapped your mothers! Geesh... If it wasnt for the whole "Civic scene" the tuner world would not be what it is today. I like the new SI, just under 200HP, 6 speed, 4 wheel disc brakes, and an LSD tranny... All with Hondas reliablity, its a good car. Its not like the Tc is the most original car itself as some seem to think. Its a camry with a new face. Period. Im not dissin on the Tc, but dont act like it is superior to the Si. Civics have been around much much longer, and have helped pave the way for cars like the TC. I am selling my box and may consider the SI myself. So I say good choice and have fun.
totally agree with you !!!
stylish: yes tC is nicer
other than that, you tell me
Old 09-22-2005, 10:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

[quote="zyzyx6969"]
Originally Posted by squareone
totally agree with you !!!
stylish: yes tC is nicer
other than that,
Old 09-22-2005, 10:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just expect the posting to start once the SI is realeased...."tC Vs. New SI
Old 09-22-2005, 11:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by intrepid_design
honda has become so bouring in their design, they are just so vanilla. at one time they really did have the right stuff, but now everyone and their grandmothers (literally) drive them. honda's are good cars no doubt, but no matter how you slice it, they will never look as great as a tc. you loose dude.
I totally agree. My mom has a Civic and its a good car but its plain and dont try passing without downshifting cause it wont happen. tC looks better to me and is probably faster in real world driving because of having some torque and not needing to rev to 6k+ before you find any power.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

everyone forgot the WHOPPER: 22/31 mpg with PREMIUM. that was one of the first questions I asked about the tC.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:06 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not sure hows thats a whopper. If you cant afford the extra 20-25 cents/gallon for the premium fuel, then you probably wouldn't buy an Si in the first place.

BTW the TC with 23/30 mpg on 87 octane isnt really that impressive either.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:20 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by corey415
Not sure hows thats a whopper. If you cant afford the extra 20-25 cents/gallon for the premium fuel, then you probably wouldn't buy an Si in the first place.

hehe, the $5+ gas price forecast for next week just has me thinking of such things. I get 24-28mpg city in the tC's, wonder what the Si gets power/mpg wise using regular?
Old 09-23-2005, 12:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by yesti
Originally Posted by corey415

hehe, the $5+ gas price forecast for next week just has me thinking of such things. I get 24-28mpg city in the tC's, wonder what the Si gets power/mpg wise using regular?
The Si doesn't use regular.

Quick Reply: Bye Bye TC Hello Si