Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

came close to trading in the TC...

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 06:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DarkH666
Originally Posted by ack154
That's all well and good that it looks nice... but... it's a Saturn.
You sir, fail. One can say the same about the xB, the tC, or the xA. "Well..it's nice an all, but it's just another toyota."
I don't think you understood my comment. I said that b/c it's just another american POS in the long run. Saturn is still GM, which last I checked made Chevy and Pontiac (and they even admit to it!!).

Old 04-03-2006, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

cause otherwise your comments are about as useful as a solar powered flashlight
NICE!!!! i got to remember that one!!
Old 04-03-2006, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by YourNameHere
It seems that all the ppl putting it down are "automotivly prejudice". i come from the VW world. i have owned 4 my father has owned a vw or audi since 1982 and my mother drives a touerg. It was a hard for me to make the jump to scion/toyota but once i did i realized there are alot of other nice cars out there that dont wear a vw/audi badge. Once you get over this brand thing you will have a whole new veiw of the automitve world and actaully enjoy it more cause once you take the blinders off there is sooooooo much more going on in the car world. for all the hater...go out and drive the sky and see what you think. cause otherwise your comments are about as useful as a solar powered flashlight
But you're going from a brand considered to be pretty high quality German engineering, to another one considered pretty high quality Japanese engineering.

IMO, Saturn isn't really one of those "nice cars" out there. GM doesn't really do it for me. While this one may have the style... the reliability, quality of workmanship, and overall reputation just aren't there. Maybe the Sky will be different.

Maybe not.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

im not saying that the saturn is a good car..im not saying its a bad car. im saying go give it a chance and see for your self. persoanly i dont like GM or saturn at all...but the sky is a nice looking car. if you put a diff non-GM badge on it, im sure 1/2 of these comments would be positive. i guess what im trying to say is the car hobbie to big to limit yourself to only looking at one brand. it be like having satalite tv and only watching 2 channels....again with the analogys
Old 04-03-2006, 07:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by YourNameHere
im not saying that the saturn is a good car..im not saying its a bad car. im saying go give it a chance and see for your self. persoanly i dont like GM or saturn at all...but the sky is a nice looking car. if you put a diff non-GM badge on it, im sure 1/2 of these comments would be positive. i guess what im trying to say is the car hobbie to big to limit yourself to only looking at one brand. it be like having satalite tv and only watching 2 channels....again with the analogys
Well said and very true. I used to think the only trucks worth owning were Toyota and Nissan. I've had one of each. But then I bought a Chevy Silverado. Imagine how shocked I was to discover that the Chevy was quieter, smoother and felt more solid than either of the imports. The interior was nicer and it had exellent "fit & finish". There are a lot of good cars out there that some people will never try because of brand prejudice. I'm guilty of it myself. I will probably never buy a Dodge product because of what so many others have told me. Am I missing out on some good cars? Probably.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

haha idk about dodge...my best friend has an 03 ram and the tranny fell apart at 30,000miles...i mean literely dropped all the gears into the bottem of the housing...it sounded like a bunch a nail in a coffee can. other then thats its been good ot him. Also understand he was a 19 year olf kid with a hemi ram and plent of back roads to do burn outs on..........i mean...lots of towing
Old 04-04-2006, 06:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I owned a 1995 Saturn SL2. Put ~135K miles on it and I only had two problems. The radiator cracked at around 120K miles, and the shift cable went at around 100K. Other than that, only normal maintanance. Traded it in for a 1996 300ZX in early 2005, and resale value was the only real downside. I think I got $1,500 and if I remember right, the car was $16K new in 1995 (it was my dad's car before i got it). It was a great daily driver though.

I think the Sky is one of the sexiest looking cars on the market. Almost looks like an exotic. When the Sky Redline comes out, I might think about getting one.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:05 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

SKY REDLINE..?? is that the turbo model thati was told about..?
Old 04-04-2006, 11:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Petem
SKY REDLINE..?? is that the turbo model thati was told about..?
Yeah GM officially announced it about a week or two ago.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/03/...ne-two-others/

Specs are the same as the Solstice GXP, turbo Ecotec 4-cyl with 260hp/260tq. The highest horsepower per liter of any vehicle in GM history. The car weighs about 2500lbs too, so 260hp ought to make it haul ___. Not to mention aftermarket potential.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:57 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

cool..! oh and that aura.. is one good looking 4dr.. i saw it at a recent auto show here... it looks just a mean as the sky...
Old 04-04-2006, 02:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

out of all the GM brands i think cadilac has the best looking cars(the xlr is beautiful) but saturn is deff number two...the c6 corvette is a joke (stlying wise...performance is awsome) the HHR...come on now....

If GM put the 2.0 s/c from the cobalt ss into an attractive car, (coupe, sedan, convetable) kept the price at about 20,000 they would have a huge hit. The SS is a fast car, the 2.0 has so much torque, its a really nice motor...but the exterior is almost as bland as the interior. they just cant get it right...
Old 04-06-2006, 09:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I traded my TC in for a SOLSTICE.

I would have never bought an american brand, but the KAPPA Platform is amazing.

Consider this

RWD
Droptop
Double wishbones all around
Bilsteins
Under 3000lbs
ecotech 2.4... Room for a LS7 if you ever feel so inclined.
Starting under $20K... but that's for stock (not worth it... If you buy a car like this, load it up)

It's better than the tC in my opion for my own personal reasons.
The tC is a great car... I put over 40K miles on it in a little over a yea with zero problems.

I deliberated between the sky and the solstice.
The sky ended up looking a bit toooo angled and chopped when compared to the solstice's smooth curves.

Plus GM is shooting themselves in the foot by continuing to dilute their brand.

Rumor around Detroit was that Saturn is taking Oldsmobile's place... and will too eventually be phased out.

Anyhow, the ignorance of the "It's still a Saturn" is laughable. I enjoy reading that.
Look up the Kappa Platform.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TeamMightyMiniz
Anyhow, the ignorance of the "It's still a Saturn" is laughable. I enjoy reading that.
Look up the Kappa Platform.
It is funny... because it IS a Saturn. You'll never see me in one. Or any GM vehicle if I can help it.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It is BADGED as a Saturn.

You got me good.

The truth is that it's a VVT Ecotec powered roadster.
On a well designed RWD platform.

When GM closed their offers to other automakers, the ones who declined are now kicking themselves for not purchasing it and scrambling to emulate it.

So far, many as well as I, cannot find any fault in the platform.