Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

Civic Si Four-door Concept

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 10:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Civic Si Four-door Concept

Just released at the Chicago autoshow... looks like Honda will produce it. I know there are a lot of Honda-haters here... but I still own an Accord and love it. This could be the next car in the stable. Here are some pics from Autoweek.com:

Autoweek Story

Oh yeah... just to pre-empt any extra-hating... yes, the spoiler sucks.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, the spoiler is too high. But it looks good.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:09 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i actually KINDA like this. Better than the two door.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I like alot
Old 02-08-2006, 10:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was going to post this same information but figured it would get flamed and i didn't want to start another tc vs thread. lol

It looks great, i love the 2door and the 4door soon to be. Honda does plan to put this through production, it will have virtually the same k20z3 motor as the current Si does. Which means it will be a little slower with the weight additions, but still same mod friendly and for someone who wants an affordable sports sedan, there you go.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I dunno....

I"ll have to consider the specs of the car before judging it, I guess.

price, power plant and power output, curb weight, interior, etc.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SilverRSXJezus
I dunno....

I"ll have to consider the specs of the car before judging it, I guess.

price, power plant and power output, curb weight, interior, etc.
expected powerplant: k20z3 with same six speed trans
hp: 197hp (specs are identical to current 2door Si)
interior: basically an extended version of the current Si, same dash display and everything. Color scheme all the same.

As far as weight, no idea. Neither do i know with price but i would imagine given the current Si is $19,990 i would expect the sedan to be around $20,990.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

By the way, for those who think the wing is too high. Its just slightly higher than the stock tC wing. Its design sort of sucks as far as the wing goes, but that would be an easy fix as far as removing and filling any holes it may leave.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

eww i just threw up in my mouth.

the new 4 door civic is the ugliest honduh evar.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

^^^^ Cant think outside the box
Old 02-09-2006, 03:12 AM
Banned
SL Member

What stock tC wing? Oh, you mean the one thats an option, that most people don't have. Kinda like that stock lighting kit, right?

As far as the car looks, I like it better than the coupe. That said, I don't plan on ever buying a sedan (Mazdaspeed6 is the only one I like at all), so you can count both out for me.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:17 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by killerxromances

As far as weight, no idea. Neither do i know with price but i would imagine given the current Si is $19,990 i would expect the sedan to be around $20,990.
The Si sedan should be less than 50lbs heavier than the Si coupe based on the regular civic sedan and coupe weights. So a very slight tradeoff in straightline acceleration for added practicality and for some people a better looking car.

With respect to price, the Civic EX sedan and coupe are priced the same; I dont see why the same wont also apply to the Si sedan and coupe ($19,990).
Old 02-09-2006, 03:08 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

hmmm i might trade in the tC for this.

More power, more doors, more traction.

However, it is many times uglier than the tC.
Old 02-09-2006, 03:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

4-DOOR Si

Dreams do come true!!!

-THE DON
Old 02-09-2006, 03:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OMG... i look at this and i thinm, if i only waited a year to get my car. that car is really nice, has a nice ___ engine, and will be decently fast. the wheels that will come stock will most likely be ugly..but they will look alright, and i have always like the sedan more than the coupe..hell the coupe makes me vomit. but anyways, after i fix up my car this summer, i think i might sell it for this SI. damn its hot!!
Old 02-09-2006, 04:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wonder if the handling will be as tight, it probably will be though considering the wheelbase of the coupe and sedan are the same as well as the overal size being pretty close. Also, it probably wouldn't take much to put it in the same weight range as the Si coupe.

And I always liked the new Honda Civic sedan's clear LED tailights more than the coupe's. Also, out of all the external modifacations, the spoiler will probably be the only thing that will make it into production and clearly destinguish it from the normal sedan, aside from the Si badge. The Si sedan is definitely going to be a hot seller, even though it may come with the price of putting Honda back in the #1 ricer spot. I'm even tempted to get that, if it wasn't for that thought. I like keeping a bit unique in my ride choice you know.

Regardless, this Si sedan will defeinetly put pressure on the Mazda3 and Jetta GLI.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Handling between the coupe and sedan should be very similar.

Also, the civic sedan doesnt have LED taillights. Aesthetically, the appear to be LEDs, but they are just regular bulbs.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by corey415
Originally Posted by killerxromances

The Si sedan should be less than 50lbs heavier than the Si coupe based on the regular civic sedan and coupe weights. So a very slight tradeoff in straightline acceleration for added practicality and for some people a better looking car.

With respect to price, the Civic EX sedan and coupe are priced the same; I dont see why the same wont also apply to the Si sedan and coupe ($19,990).
The price i would imagine be in the $20,xxx range because this something completely new for honda. A four door Si and it will sell fast i'm sure. As with all completely new design in cars, price usually goes up for at least a while..Especially something this drastic.

cmndrjamesbond; I see more tC's with the option wing than i do with any other wing. Nothing wrong with it but imo both the option wing and the stock Si wing looks pretty bad. But its an easy fix.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Also, the civic sedan doesnt have LED taillights. Aesthetically, the appear to be LEDs, but they are just regular bulbs.
Thanks for the info, I guess you design the tailight housing to refract in such a way so it looks like LED. Shame, but they still look very nice and I guess it does keep the price down. It is also a shame that those side skirts and front lip probably won't make it to production, but on the bright side it does keep the weight down.

The funny thing is I did a search and found that the DX and LX Civic sedan is actually almost 100lbs lighter than the Si coupe which weighs roughly 2700lbs while the EX sedan is 2800lbs. It makes me wonder how much the Si sedan will weigh?

Btw, I don't think the spoiler looks too bad. One big reason why its so accentuated is because the back on the concept is a bit raised, or the platform its on gives it that illusion, which is probably not going to be so with the production model.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ReverseGTR

Thanks for the info, I guess you design the tailight housing to refract in such a way so it looks like LED. Shame, but they still look very nice and I guess it does keep the price down. It is also a shame that those side skirts and front lip probably won't make it to production, but on the bright side it does keep the weight down.

The funny thing is I did a search and found that the DX and LX Civic sedan is actually almost 100lbs lighter than the Si coupe which weighs roughly 2700lbs while the EX sedan is 2800lbs. It makes me wonder how much the Si sedan will weigh?
The DX and lx both have different motors from the Si, i don't think this makes up all the weight but if i'm not mistaken there is a weight difference there. I seriously doubt the 4door Si will weigh less than the coupe, but it is possible. My guess would be they would keep the weight as equal as possible give or take maybe 100lbs.

Si's are great, lots of poteintal. I could really see this sedan version sell well. I remember a few years ago when honda started talking about redesigning the Si, they wanted to do something completely different but never mentioned what they planned to do. Maybe this was their big surprise.

Quick Reply: Civic Si Four-door Concept