Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

Civic Si Four-door Concept

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 11:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by killerxromances
Originally Posted by ReverseGTR
Originally Posted by corey415
Handling between the coupe and sedan should be very similar.

Also, the civic sedan doesnt have LED taillights. Aesthetically, the appear to be LEDs, but they are just regular bulbs.
Thanks for the info, I guess you design the tailight housing to refract in such a way so it looks like LED. Shame, but they still look very nice and I guess it does keep the price down. It is also a shame that those side skirts and front lip probably won't make it to production, but on the bright side it does keep the weight down.

The funny thing is I did a search and found that the DX and LX Civic sedan is actually almost 100lbs lighter than the Si coupe which weighs roughly 2700lbs while the EX sedan is 2800lbs. It makes me wonder how much the Si sedan will weigh?
The DX and lx both have different motors from the Si, i don't think this makes up all the weight but if i'm not mistaken there is a weight difference there. I seriously doubt the 4door Si will weigh less than the coupe, but it is possible. My guess would be they would keep the weight as equal as possible give or take maybe 100lbs.

Si's are great, lots of poteintal. I could really see this sedan version sell well. I remember a few years ago when honda started talking about redesigning the Si, they wanted to do something completely different but never mentioned what they planned to do. Maybe this was their big surprise.
I would imagine the most that it would weigh is around 2800lbs if not less considering unlike the EX the seats are made of a lighter material and it doesn't come with navigation standard, if that even adds that much weight. Which transmission do you think is ligher, at least when comparing the 5 and 6 speed?

I hope this sedan sells well, it is like a Jetta GLI but sportier, at least interior wise which in tern makes it cheaper but less confortable. But I am sure it will find a niche in the US, the Minicooper did.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

5speed trans is lighter, but not by much. The combination of trans, motor, seats, and little details make the difference of the coupe and sedans. Theres not too much of a difference between them so yeah, we'll see. I can't wait for this to come out though, go HONDA!
Old 02-10-2006, 07:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by schwettynuts
^^^^ Cant think outside the box
if you say so.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:28 PM
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions

Default Re: Civic Si Four-door Concept

Hey, what can I say? Honda finally gave their car a new look Its nice though
Old 02-14-2006, 08:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If I was going to buy a new Civic, this would be the one I'd get. I've owned five Honda vehicles (still have a 1998 Civic EX sedan).
Old 02-14-2006, 09:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
eww i just threw up in my mouth.

the new 4 door civic is the ugliest honduh evar.
you obviously haven't seen the UK civic.....

I personally think the sedan looks much better than the coupe... too bad the interior will probably be the same as the coupe....
Old 02-14-2006, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I will have to drive a new honda with electronic throttle before I pass judgement on them. I was displeased with both the new Miata and the Mazdaspeed 6 because of the electronice throttle. In all honesty, I think it actually makes the throttle take more time, not to mention, if you try and do certain things, the car pulls back the throttle to keep you from being able to drive the car like you want to; How annoying is that?
Old 02-15-2006, 07:58 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by phatcyclist
I will have to drive a new honda with electronic throttle before I pass judgement on them. I was displeased with both the new Miata and the Mazdaspeed 6 because of the electronice throttle. In all honesty, I think it actually makes the throttle take more time, not to mention, if you try and do certain things, the car pulls back the throttle to keep you from being able to drive the car like you want to; How annoying is that?
Well, you have to thank Honda for pioneering the whole throttle by wire amongst consumer cars considering Honda first debued that in the 1989 NSX. And considering they have that heritage behind them Honda may want to display more of the benifits of this system without the as much of the drawbacks among enthusiasts.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hopefully their system is better than Mazda's.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hm.. you know.. it kinda looks like an Evo with down syndrome. not bad though, I've definitely seen worse.
Old 02-16-2006, 03:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like it. 4-door functionality in a high revving sport compact. But I'm not sure if your back passengers will enjoy the ride.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Man I think I can talk my wife into letting me buy this due to the four doors. Very "family" friendly!!!
Old 03-01-2006, 02:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if honda is going to make a 4 door si why not a 4 door awd and a turbo?
Old 03-01-2006, 06:22 AM
Banned
SL Member

Maybe because honda doesn't have much experience with either AWD or turbos. Honda, much like Toyota, is too conservative to release such a car. Both companies (Toyota especially) have managed to do fine without the need for any Halo cars. Companies like Mitsubishi and Subaru need cars like the Evo and the STi to improve their brand appeal, but you can bet that neither car is where they are making their money. Honda doesn't need an AWD rally car to improve its image, it already has the S2000 and NSX (hopefully the replacement comes out soon). Neither company will release a car of this type because it isn't a profitable enough segment of the market, they're both willing to sit back and leave it to the others.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i like it better then the coupe..........not bad.