Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

Corvette ZR1 owns ALL!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 02:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
Directly from Bob Lutz's mouth.

I think anything in high volumes that falls outside of 35 mpg is out of the question. Translation, niche players like Corvette ZR1s and CTS-V have a future, 50,000-plus-selling Camaros and Challengers -- not so much.
yeah i've read that as well , a long while ago though .

interesting he brings up two gm cars then switched to the comparo between the gm 'maro and the chry challenger.

speaking of those as they're a bit more affordable and practical have you checked out either of them in person ?

bein a huge fan of the 69 maro i'm just bored with the new maro . i've said it before and i'll say it again , unfort gm cannot do retro styles very well . imo.

the challenger , almost too retro but it does look just about dead on with a 70 hemi cuda.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
if you can honestly say that american car companies are doing better in general than honda or toyota than sure it's immature.....

then don't believe it.

agree to disagree.

on the other hand I don't either of us has too much to worry about talking about a $100k car and all....
Toyota has yet to officially take over GM as the world leading auto-maker. Honda is FAR from the top. With the way things are progressing, Toyota will outsell GM this year, but GM is ahead of the game with the VOLT coming out soon. You can worship Toyota all you want, but facts are facts. I personally love Toyota, and I personally hate GM, but at least I'm not a bigot and refuse to believe that Toyota is still #2.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

if you can honestly say that american car companies are doing better in general than honda or toyota than sure it's immature.....

then don't believe it.

agree to disagree.

on the other hand I don't either of us has too much to worry about talking about a $100k car and all....
Toyota has yet to officially take over GM as the world leading auto-maker. Honda is FAR from the top. With the way things are progressing, Toyota will outsell GM this year, but GM is ahead of the game with the VOLT coming out soon. You can worship Toyota all you want, but facts are facts. I personally love Toyota, and I personally hate GM, but at least I'm not a bigot and refuse to believe that Toyota is still #2.
it's not a refusal . toyota has been number one for about 8 months now. now here's my way too late of a night card and should be sleeping cop out , but i forget if they top gm in production or sales right now , but as of right now it's only one or the other not both .

and you really think the volt will be anything amazing?

gm already had the EPIC fail of the ev1
toyota had the rav4 ev

the network isn't here for pure electric or hydrogen cars at the moment. you can use either but neither is practical . at this point in time anyways.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

He said the Camaro and Challanger because he's talking about the class. High production, low mileage, sports cars.

The Camaro styling is old, since I saw it...what...9 years ago when they unveiled it to the public (obvious exaggeration but it feels like it's been that long), but it has somewhat grown on me. The interior is a joke.

I will NEVER buy a Chrysler, so I have no reason to look at the Challanger, although it is the best looking 'retro' on the market.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

then don't believe it.

agree to disagree.

oh and by honda being at the top i was talking about profits for the last quarter , and I even forgot that out of left field nissan actually topped honda?!
Old 08-07-2008, 02:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

He said the Camaro and Challanger because he's talking about the class. High production, low mileage, sports cars.

The Camaro styling is old, since I saw it...what...9 years ago when they unveiled it to the public (obvious exaggeration but it feels like it's been that long), but it has somewhat grown on me. The interior is a joke.

I will NEVER buy a Chrysler, so I have no reason to look at the Challanger, although it is the best looking 'retro' on the market.
chrysler is garbage , but the hp and the styling , unfort you don't get the lifetime warranty on the 6.1 motor.

the camaro's styling just isn't right , the proportions are of retro and modern mixed and they don't mix well . IMO

i'd take a mopar over a gm but just barely.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

The EV1 was a huge success, until GM decided to kill it off and buy Hummer. The owners of the EV1 loved that car and didn't want to let GM take it back. I do agree that the market for the VOLT isn't exactly here yet, but if GM can get it on the market and have it semi-successful, it will pretty much force a change to occur. Toyota WILL have to answer and make an electric car, and once GM and Toyota do it, everyone else will follow.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

chrysler is garbage , but the hp and the styling , unfort you don't get the lifetime warranty on the 6.1 motor.

I'd take a 95 Hyundai over a brand new Chrysler.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

The EV1 was a huge success, until GM decided to kill it off and buy Hummer. The owners of the EV1 loved that car and didn't want to let GM take it back. I do agree that the market for the VOLT isn't exactly here yet, but if GM can get it on the market and have it semi-successful, it will pretty much force a change to occur. Toyota WILL have to answer and make an electric car, and once GM and Toyota do it, everyone else will follow.
now that we're way off topic....... the problem with electric vehicles besides getting into mileage and such is that unless you have a full on solar house you could easily pay more for the electricity than the fuel , as well as strain on the grid

let alone the fact that different areas get their electricity from different sources.

sure if it's dam , wind or solar it's "green" but if it's coal or nuclear.......
Old 08-07-2008, 02:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

trust i may do work for mopar but i don't particulaly like any of them .

why do you feel this way ?

i'll tell you what their training is all hype and bull
Old 08-07-2008, 02:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

At the current cost of electricity, it is significantly cheaper to run on electricity than on gasoline. Eventually the price of electricity will rise.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

At the current cost of electricity, it is significantly cheaper to run on electricity than on gasoline. Eventually the price of electricity will rise.
also depends on the users region and how they acquire the electricity.

and the mileage of said gasoline powered vehicle and the range of said electric vehicle.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Ownership has been bounced around, they're financially unstable, they make very un-reliable cars, their cars are built ___-backwards, they have the worse resale value on the market, and they simply don't offer anything I would want.

Also, with news that the wiring harness of the new Journey could randomly set the car on fire, I'd say I'm pretty certain Chrysler is a miss.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

my stand on electic vehicles is I hope to never own one , now hybrid I have no problem with within 5 years hybrids if cotinually developed will be just about the best mix between range , power , refueling , and overall utility of the vehicle ad what it can and cannot be used for.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Electricity has been proven that it produces a significantly greater amount of power than gasoline engines.

Range has improved greatly, the EV1 was doing 150 miles on a full charge, it's been over 10 years since then. Give it another 10 and I wouldn't doubt 350-500 miles on a full charge.

The EV1 was able to be plugged in and charged at home. If electric cars become more popular, gas stations will adapt and offer charging stations.

Also, now with regenerative braking, you can expect a huge leap in range for electric cars.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Ownership has been bounced around, they're financially unstable, they make very un-reliable cars, their cars are built butt-backwards, they have the worse resale value on the market, and they simply don't offer anything I would want.

Also, with news that the wiring harness of the new Journey could randomly set the car on fire, I'd say I'm pretty certain Chrysler is a miss.
yeah they're definately cheap for a reason, ha ha

even if they only implement it in piggish cars i do give them credit for bringing back rwd and causing some other brands to do the same , unfort they all went about it the wrong way
Old 08-07-2008, 03:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Electricity has been proven that it produces a significantly greater amount of power than gasoline engines.

Range has improved greatly, the EV1 was doing 150 miles on a full charge, it's been over 10 years since then. Give it another 10 and I wouldn't doubt 350-500 miles on a full charge.

The EV1 was able to be plugged in and charged at home. If electric cars become more popular, gas stations will adapt and offer charging stations.
YEAH , but how fast can the batteries take a charge and think of how huge and how high voltage the "fill up" devices will be .

it's all possible even if not my cup of tea , the problem is gm is rushing it to market .

there's just no infrastructure.

like the horrible e85 garbage and the burgeoning hydrogen technology.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

e85 is a waste of time. Hydrogen is a waste of time. Electricity is not. The infrastucture isn't there yet, but without a vehicle to need it, why would they ever implement it? Some car manufacture needs to get out there and say "Hey, we have this car, you need to offer a way to refuel it." Car manufacturers and top oil companies have always worked together, I wouldn't doubt if GM already has something planned with some of the top Oil companies. Especially if it will give someone like BP or LUKoil a jump ahead of the rest of the market.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Didn't this get locked...?

Btw, the Viper raped everything. 7:22 on the Ring.
Old 09-28-2008, 02:23 AM

how can you say its owned the v-spec? the car isnt even been finished and ran on the track.

p***y @ss gt-r? that gt-r will smoke most of the stuff on the road.....you guys are retarded. dont get me wrong, i love the vette and i would take one, but i would rather spend my money on a gt-r and its more rare than a vette. everyone and their mother has a vette or z06. too played out, but still fast.

Quick Reply: Corvette ZR1 owns ALL!!!!