Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

CRX Rebuiling *UPDATE!* ~6/25~ PICS COMING SOON!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 11:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

there is no 25k. i'll give it 10 k but not 25. and last I checked it was a free country. dude. you should chill it isn't even YOUR car.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

Ok, let make sure this stays on topic. No bickering. Keep your posts helpful like SL rules say.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

hey i could use some parts
Old 02-08-2006, 11:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

hey i could use some parts
Old 02-08-2006, 11:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

We're going to be keeping everything we rip out of there to make sure we have exactly what we need incase something breaks, fries or goes wrong either way. And just so we have a choice to say "Well this part is better than the other cars part so lets use this one". But this is all just incase we need it.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:14 AM
5 Year Member

It's my car. I'll tell you what the car had done to it when I bought it, maybe then you can respect the 25k figure my friend gave you.

Body:
Wings West back bumper, side skirts, door caps and spoiler
Andy's combat front bumper
Cervini's SS style fiberglass hood
APC projection headlights and euro clear corner lamps
APC Altezza taillights
Shaved door handles with a door popper kit
Custom CRX taillight (the brakelight has CRX over it, that did not come stock nor do I know how to get it done, not just a sticker over the light)
17" Tenzo Shu 4's wrapped in Y rated Kumho ecstas
Limo tint on the back windows
Blue alarm LED lights (this was the most unique feature of the car, when the alarm was on the LEDs would blink, doesn't sound like much but you don't see it on every car)

Interior:
Sparco Milano Alcantara seats with custom brackets
Sparco Bio shift ****
Sparco flash 5 leather/alcantara steering wheel
Sparco pedals
ceiling, shift boot, ebrake boot, and sub box covered in alcantara (it was very nicely done, didn't look like a rush job at all)
Brushed aluminum dash kit
Diamond plate aluminum floormats
new carpetting
Reverse indiglo gauges
Panasonic DVD/CD player in dash
Panasonic flip out 7" monitor in dash
MB Quart PKC 116 6.5" rear coaels with competition crossovers
MB Quart PSD 216 6.5" front component set with competition crossovers, tweets inlaid into the dash
Infinity Kappa Perfect 10" subs in the back
Rockford fosgate Punch 200 IX
Rockford Fosgate Punch 240 X4
KnuKonceptz Triple shielded RCA's
4 gauge wiring
UNGO MS8300 security system with interior/exterior motion, shock and latch switches

Chasis:
Tein HA Dual Spring coil-overs with 16x shock rebound adjustment and over 3" of height adjustment (imported from japan)
Type R rear control arms (also imported)
Suspension techniques 7/8" rear sway bar
Ingall's front and rear camber kit
Prothane Rear trailing arms
Neuspeed front upper strut bar
new tie rods
new calipers
new rotors
new master cylinder
new rear hubs

Engine:
B16a1
Ported/Polished head
5 angle valve job type R valves and springs
crower titanium retainers
brand new genuine honda type R cams
Mugen head gasket
S1 tranny with type R gear ratios
type R flywheel
ACT dual friction clutch and pressure plate
B&M short throw shifter
DC 4-2-1 ceramic coated headers
2.5" flowmaster catback exhaust
K&N intake
Skunk 2 cam gears
hasport mount kit and linkage
Zdyne ECU 8400 cold RPM cut, 9000 hot redline, 5200 VTEC activates, and speed limiter removed
Nitrous Express wet kit
WOT switch
Fuel pressure switch
purge kit
bottle warmer
new radiator
extra fan
new distributor
B&M fuel pressure regulator
B&M fuel pressure guage

now if you cut corners everywhere you could probably get almost the same car with alot crappier quality for 10k, not including the time and work spent building it up the way it was. the guy I bought it from made it clear that he wanted the highest quality or closest to it of everything that went into this car. I have yet to get this engine dyno tested but I'm positive it will far exceed the stock b16's average. alot of money went into the engine itself, which cant be judged by how it looks.

I personally think this car looked nothing like your average riced out honda, it has no giant aluminum wing, no massive chrome 20" rims, and your average ricer never touches the engine outside of putting a new exhaust system and a short ram intake.

thanks to everyone who had something positive to say about the car, we're going to keep this updated as the project comes along.
Old 02-11-2006, 01:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

^^^ shopping list if I ever decide to do a CRX project
Old 02-12-2006, 01:06 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ haha nice one ...

UPDATES!: Soon after I get pictures, we have done some more disassembeling of both cars, mostly the new one which we will be putting parts into. Both steering colums are out and pedals and everything, more information will soon come once I recieve the pictures from my friend Eric. Thanks for the patience :D

NEW PICTURES!
This is the car with the switched hoods. Remember, all this isn't the finished product.

Another front view.

These are some new pics of the dash of the crashed one with pretty much everything taken off...The steering columb on both are taken apart along with the pedal clusters (gas, brake and clutch).

This is a good view of what the "new" car looks like now.

Just some misc. stuffs

The disassembled dash of the new one.

The rear of the new one...I believe these are stock lights.

Engine bay shot.

An artsy shot I took of the D16a engine :D

Pretty much all the plastics are taken out...Out with the old, in with the new!

Hatch Removal!

Old hatch...Happy Travers!

New Hatch Replaced.

Another shot of the new one.

Old 02-12-2006, 01:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

sounds like your crew is literally tearing through this rebould. How long do you expect to be down and out without a CRX on the road?
Old 02-12-2006, 01:16 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

We are hoping to get this done by the time the snow melts...So around May ish...It might take a little longer because about 2 grand comes into play for some engine equipment, and thats the only thing we don't have at the moment. But Travers is working on getting that (By working) and we're getting some money back from selling the stock D16a engine that came with the CRX we just bought...

But hopefully this will get done sooner :D...Our crew is going to the Hot Import Nights show in Boston Mass on 4/29/06 but the car won't be done, driveability it will be fine but...paint and body work won't be done by then.
Old 02-12-2006, 05:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

You said you werent going to rice it out =[ Well its borderline right now, its the stock taillights keeping it from going over the edge. I advise you to get rid of them and get rid of them quick along with any other APC parts. But on a more serious note, I like that its showing progress. Can't wait to see the b16 in the "new" CRX.
Old 02-12-2006, 05:34 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah I know I said that, but like I said in the post with the recent pics of the teardown thats not a finished product. That body kit came with the CRX along with a lot of other aftermarket stuff...We're taking pretty much the whole interior from the last one and putting it into the "new" one. I'm not sure what he wants to do with a body kit.

But otherwise I'm not sure what else is going to change We'll have to wait and see!
Old 02-13-2006, 05:06 AM
5 Year Member

I have a new set of headlights and taillights in mind, but like Matt said the issue is lack of money. getting it running is the first priority though, and my b16a needs a new tranny and new headers before it can run. as for the body kit, I plan to stick with it, but I also plan to mold the edges down to the rest of the car to make it look alot more like it's part of the car, then paint it last. molding it down will be a project on its own. yes, the body kit looks pretty ricey just hanging there like it is, but as you can see from the first car, though the body kit wasn't as flashy as this one is, it was molded in and blends in with the rest of the car nicely.

the headlights I have picked out are black instead of chrome, and the taillights I have picked out are the same as the old ones, but with black chrome casing instead of normal chrome. hopefully the finished product will look like the old one did, silver and streamlined but with a different body kit and headlights/taillights.

we're putting the carpetting back in the new one after we had to take it out to fill in the holes the last guy who had the crx made to put his seats in. after that we'll start putting the plastic back in and putting the good seats in from the first crx.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:17 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Alright...Another night of a lot of good progress finished again!

UPDATE!:

Alright, so we've started putting the interior from the old CRX into the "New" CRX! Things are booking right along and it's great. Here are pictures with commentary of the work completed tonight.

So Eric and I showed up after work and they had been working on the car all day. By the time we got there they had already installed the steering columb(n?) on the new car along with the dash. The CD Player, DVD Player and the Gauge Cluster. We were impressed by the amount of work done by the time we got there.

Inside View.

The Sparco Pedal Cluster Installed.

If you didn't notice in the other pictures it was technically a Honda "HF" ... That was also changed earlier in the day. It's now a Honda Si :D

Artsy Shot.

Some wiring was getting done at this point and some hands were free and bored so...This is what happens.

The Carpet Getting taken out of the new one...

Bare Bones!

Alright here's the silly part. Whoever put the aftermarket seats in here drilled holes right through the floor, and through the frame of the car to bolt the seats down. Not a very bright idea. Here are the holes.

Now what Eric and Travers are doing is replacing the bolts back into those holes, using silcone on some of them to close the gaps. Since with the seats we have .... we WONT be drilling holes into the floor.

Undercar shot of the same bolt replacing action going on.

Small break.

In with the new rug!

It's getting there. And looking good!

Travers spraying these parts of the "New" CRX with "Spray On Rubber" ... Basically for protecting the metal and some sound deadening.

And we're done for the night. Tomorrow we're not sure what we're going to finish up. But Eric is home for the week so it gives us some extra help at nights to get more stuff done.

I'll keep everyone posted!
Old 02-13-2006, 12:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

lookin good again. amazing pace you guys are keeping.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

This is fun. Please don't crash this one right away
Old 02-15-2006, 05:19 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

UPDATE!

Alright, well progress proceeds to exceed expectations so this is excellent...

NEW PICTURES

Alright, so we got bored the other morning and decided to re-inact the crash...Here are some mock ups of what it probably looked like when they were crashing.

Alright...Back to business...Here Eric is putting another coat of the spray on rubber to reinforce the metal and create some sound deadening.

A lot more wiring got done, and the gauges are finally lighting up...

We started to replace the plastic insides of the car to, just these panels around the rear windows got put back along with the cieling.

Now we've finished the wiring for the sound system, now we just have to get it all arranged and stuffs!

Alright, well all the Dew Cases we have are coming in really usefull now...We're cutting out pieces and covering up the holes in the back so we can spray the insides of the holes with some sprayfoam...Just like the old car had to increase the sound deadening.

The wiring underneath the steering column is finally finished except for the alarm, but we're going to wait until later (Engine bay stuffs to get rid of first) before we install that and get all the wiring set up.

Thanks! And keep updated!
Old 02-16-2006, 05:10 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

YET ANOTHER UPDATE!!!

Alright, well here's the cutdown. We put in a little more dash, stuff, wiring is still almost complete and we put all the "Spray Cheese" in the holes where the Mountain Dew Boxes were cut out. We are letting that sit over night to see how much it's going to expand to see if we need more.

Also, we took out the suspension in the old CRX to find bushings that were messed up beyond recolection...Hopefully we can find the model number and or type so we can purchase them again. Also the axel on one of them is bent so it's a messed up turning motion. We also took out some of the rear padding out of the old one and "Gooped" it into the back of the new one for padding for the rear panels.

TOMORROW We will be replacing the rear panels, and hopefully get the seats in and the insulation (Spray Cheese) all finished. And probably put the sub box in there along with anything else that was in the back...The interior will start to look exactly like it did in the last car.

Travers' Spraying the insides with Spray Cheese!

And here begins the removal of the TEIN suspension from the old CRX!

And now for the other side!

Here's one of the ugly bushings that came out...It's completly shredded and ugly...

This is what the only good looking rim looks like from the inside...Every rim he had got F'd up...

And a little something that Travers' dad is working on on the side... a 68 or 69 Mustang Boss...

Alright, back to business...Travers gooping those rear paddings to the inside wheel well.

Alright what we're doing here is just testing the front strut bar from the old CRX to see if it's still good...It was SLIGHTLY bent, so his dad bent it back into shape and re-fit it back into this one.

Nice and snug. Just like new!

Alright, thats it for tonight girls and boys...Thanks for watching! Keep posted :D[/b]
Old 02-16-2006, 05:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How the hell he crash??? did he hit a poll? loose control?
Old 02-16-2006, 04:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well what happened was when they were taking a long stretching left hand corner...The left front tire shredded, pulling them across the road and into a tall curb...They spun completely to the left, so the right rear-end hit first...and then it started to spin right, so the front right hit the curb, and hopped the curb, which is why the parts on those headers are pinched shut...Came back OFF the curb, taking a chunk out of the transmission and ripping off the rest of the body kit, along with messing up the oil pan and cosmetically everything else...

Quick Reply: CRX Rebuiling *UPDATE!* ~6/25~ PICS COMING SOON!