Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

Future Model?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 04:48 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

i've talked to some people and it is true that the new bB in japan will be released like that, but as far as the US market is concerned, Scion is supposedly planning on a larger chassis car for the xB... something more SUV-ish i guess... and also will phase out the xA in the next few years (aww man.... )

tC... yeah... no problem selling those....
Old 01-19-2006, 05:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

i thought the toyota minivan less long was the new xb here
Old 01-19-2006, 06:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Keitaro
Here is the Toyota badged version called "Rush." Powered by a 1.5L 3SZ-VE engine (no more 1NZFE?)
http://toyota.jp/rush/

Mr. Press or the new VP of Scion commented that some Scion owners want a convertible.
Here is the Daihatsu Copen ZZ .

Selling another SUV under the Toyota sales room may hurt CAFE. I think one of the reasons why the xA and xB was added to the Toyota fleet instead of a seperate fleet is to help Toyota CAFE average. The Seq., 4Runner, Tundra lowered Toyota's CAFE. Adding hybrid models also increases CAFE averages.

This looks SWEEEEEEEET. I'd take one.
Old 01-19-2006, 07:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

Originally Posted by Flecs
even so... this really sholdent be in the news section anywayz... my post is more angry bc of that
Man, if you're angry because he posted this in the "News" section, you've really got other problems you need to deal with. Why do you care where it's posted? Since you seem to know all, where your majesty would you like it posted? As far as "using the search function" most of us do however it's not the most friendly of systems.
Old 01-19-2006, 07:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it should be in either all other vehicles or off topic... how in the hell does his post have anyhitng to do with news? and that vehicle has already been posted in the news section anyways... as a legit news post... now what? wanna ask any more stupid questions?

the reason why I posted was to offer up a suggestion(more so hypothesis). Being that, this vehicle (Daihatsu be.go) will also be sold as the Toyota Rush in Japan could it be brought over as a Scion
he says it right there... this isnt a news topic... its a DISCUSSION topic... he wants to discuss the possibility of this vehicle coming to america as a small scion suv

i care bc people need to start looking around... seeing whats up... and do a lil research b4 they post topics... and make sure the topics are in the right place

yeah the search does have a few issues... but it does work... he woulda just needed to put in "be-go" in the top search bar and the original news post about this vehicle would have came right up... then he coulda read about it... and made a post in the other vehices forum asking what others think of a scion suv based off it
Old 01-19-2006, 08:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The news is that the new Scion models will share engine drivetrains and platform with the current tC. So the new xB will have a 2.4L 4 cyl that everyone can play with. I like the idea and it should help keep the costs down unless the want to reuse the bB for the US. The xA was based on the Yaris and that is the Echo replacement vehicle. So I doubt Toyota will share a vehicle between both companies.( Scion and Toyota).
Old 01-19-2006, 08:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The news is that the new Scion models will share engine drivetrains and platform with the current tC. So the new xB will have a 2.4L 4 cyl
i dont see any of that in the first post

This area is for important announcements and Toyota/Scion/Lexus related news ONLY. Events must be posted in the proper regional forum.

Authorized posts:
-ScionLife moderators and staff posting ScionLife-related information
-Scion-related news releases or insider information
-New product information, both OEM and aftermarket

Anyone abusing this area will be banned. Ignorance is no excuse!
i dont see anything regarding any of the "authorized posts" in his first post here
Old 01-19-2006, 09:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Flecs
The news is that the new Scion models will share engine drivetrains and platform with the current tC. So the new xB will have a 2.4L 4 cyl
i dont see any of that in the first post

This area is for important announcements and Toyota/Scion/Lexus related news ONLY. Events must be posted in the proper regional forum.

Authorized posts:
-ScionLife moderators and staff posting ScionLife-related information
-Scion-related news releases or insider information
-New product information, both OEM and aftermarket

Anyone abusing this area will be banned. Ignorance is no excuse!
i dont see anything regarding any of the "authorized posts" in his first post here
The News is that this Vehicle would be sold as the TOYOTA RUSH in japan... does that make your majesty happy?
I didnt see the need for two separate posts to ask the board membes what they think of it as a scion.

FYI be.go is the same (hijo de la chingada) name i was typing in the search

........pinche mayate

you really have some issues, eating yourself up about this
Old 01-19-2006, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

haha
"chingate cabron" - pedro sorano
Old 01-19-2006, 11:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

none of those cars would be scions, yes its true toyota plans to build and produce a car to compete with the wrx, however, not the STi. Ironically, i hear subaru is helping Toyota design a awd drivetrain for one of their motors not yet released.

Also, the Xb will not have a 2.4l, a 1.8l is a maybe but as far as Toyota interviews go with corp, they plan to stick with the 1nz 1.5l.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

[quote="killerxromances"]none of those cars would be scions, yes its true toyota plans to build and produce a car to compete with the wrx, however, not the STi. Ironically, i hear subaru is helping Toyota design a awd drivetrain for one of their motors not yet released.

If that is in fact the case, Toyota is headed the right way since Subaru has the AWD system down to a science. Thanks to Suby for helping them out...
Old 01-19-2006, 11:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote="YELOSUB"]
Originally Posted by killerxromances
none of those cars would be scions, yes its true toyota plans to build and produce a car to compete with the wrx, however, not the STi. Ironically, i hear subaru is helping Toyota design a awd drivetrain for one of their motors not yet released.

If that is in fact the case, Toyota is headed the right way since Subaru has the AWD system down to a science. Thanks to Suby for helping them out...
Thats what i read in a artical last year, so i'm assuming its true. And subaru is the master of awd basically, they didn't really invent awd but they pretty much improved it in every since imo.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:19 AM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by YELOSUB

It is this thing?
Old 01-20-2006, 12:21 AM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Can't edit my post!!!

But yeah... that car is HOT!!!
Old 01-20-2006, 12:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ____geek
Originally Posted by YELOSUB

It is this thing?
Yes, thats the current design they are thinking of. They also have a regular sedan they also might consider. But the hood scoop was only designed for prototype, they don't expect it to be there on production if it sets sail.

I also have heard the awd might have 240-250hp. So its something to definitely look for.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

One thing i would like Toyota to do, is design an awd line. awd hatchback like above, regular sedan, then a two door awd car or hatch..all under $25,000 for base prices. They would sell like crazy providing there was enough hp to power it, since awd drivetrains rob the most hp through its crank-to-wheel journey. But, 200-250hp awd car is perfect, and a good platform to start with if its the right motor.

I don't know if they expect the awd toyota to hit sales here. The artical i read last year was based in europe so i don't know if Toyota plans to release this subaru inspired toyota here. They should, it would sale. They might start it oversea's and work its way over here for a 2009 model possibly. Last i heard was they plan to hit production for 2008, but could hit streets as early as mid 07'.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok kids... all fighting aside...

This isn't really "news" and there isn't any sort of press release or news link or article or anything like that... so it doesn't really belong here. Moving to Other Vehicles. Speculation can continue there.

And yes... that blue thing a couple posts up is HOT - I would totally rock that.
Old 01-20-2006, 04:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that blue toyota would be hot if it wasent a four door!

oh and might i just squeez in a... I TOLD YOU SO!!!
Old 01-20-2006, 05:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

vete a la chingada cabron..... no nos importa
Old 01-20-2006, 05:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so it dosent matter to you? ok... you wanna cookie?

anywayz... i could definently see a 2 door version of that car be a scion... or at least i would hope that... bc tha would be my new car!

Quick Reply: Future Model?!?!