Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

help me... i must be sick

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 07:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
Scikotics
SL Member

Default help me... i must be sick

just to show you all... I do like the tC... I have put in the modding time... It is a great car with great potential... and to prove it i would like to show this pic of me with my car... THERE ARE MODS (check my profile, I am not posting them again...)

I went to the NYC International Auto show, and I looked at the Civic Si, Cobalt, and Fit... and remained VERY confident in my decesion... so I said to myself "OK, guess it is time to drop my spare 3k into TURBO time!"

My little bro and I went to the bottom level, and cruised the bottom area (which is usually filled with JUNK). And I see this car... no, not a car, but a beautiful work of aluminum stretched across steel which made my heart flutter... They call it CONCEPT X

Now I am in a pickle... everytime I get in my car, i think of the X (soon to be the new Lancer Evolution). I know and think about the 320 horsepower, the electronic controlled manual with paddle shifters, the Super All Wheel Drive. It is ruining me! I used to make up excuses to do errands in my car! I know, it's true, I looked at the Evo when I was buying the tC, but the interior sickened me for a 30k plus automobile, and I didn't fit in it (6'4").

This is an all new experiance for me... I feel akward... it is a HARD decesion! do I wait... trade my car and hopefully get 20k, and pay another 10 for the "car of my dreams" or do I sit on the money, and mod my tC... I used to love my car... I used to love my car... I used to sit on these forums for hours... now, I don't know... help me...

-Scotty
Old 06-11-2006, 07:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its concept though... right???
Old 06-11-2006, 07:56 AM
5 Year Member

I would say go with the new Evo if you have the money. Alot of people are saying it's going to be in the high 30s (38k 39k) but it should be well worth it. Another option is to get an evo 9 and buy a kit i found for 1200 bucks that will get it to around 320 hp at the wheels, this is the more senceable option.

www.evolutionm.net if you really want to look into it.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It all depends on what YOU want. Sounds like you're already gettin' rid of your tC. The new Evo is definitely a looker, but are you willing to accept a $10K (possibly more) increase in price? That's a lot of $rill you could use to upgrade the tC. Good luck in your choice. Its a tough one.

P.S. If I'm confusing peeps, blame it on the Jose Cuervo Margaritas I drank tonite!
Old 06-11-2006, 08:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
Scikotics
SL Member

wow, i am drinking some cuervo margs RIGHT NOW...

You guys are being really understanding though, where are the flamers!?!?!?!

Oh and officially it is a concept, however... 95% of what you see (the exterior) will make it to production... yeah i have done my homework! THAT upper 30s stuff better be BS, because the current EVO is 30 NEW (those people also say the evo is going to have a 2.4 as apposed to the confirmed 2.0 liter)... i know they are trying to compete with BMW for ultimate driving machine (what a joke that is) and i agree with mitsu on this one. but 40 plus on a mitsubishi in north america has not been done since the 3000GT (and it didn't work out to well) if I am a mid 20s consumer with 30 in the bank from jersey at least, i would say

"well i could get a 325i with 215 hp, and then be like everyone else on the road, or i could get a 320hp BEAST that would get respect from REAL drivers"

It is a pretty easy choice... but hey... maybe I am already addicted...

I guess I am waiting for that guy to take a newspaper, hit me over the head and say, "YOU IDIOT, FOR HALF THE MONEY YOU WOULD NEED TO GET AN EVO, YOU GOULD DO THIS, THIS< AND THIS!!!"
Old 06-11-2006, 10:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

to me it looks like a spiffed up Galant. Its nice looking but not nice enough to take my attention away from the tC. But in the end its all up to you. Good Luck with your decision.
Old 06-11-2006, 01:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

tough choice ... if you can float the extra dough go for it...
Old 06-11-2006, 02:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I'd say stick with your tC. In general, cars are the worst investments that can be made. The value of depreciation IS ridiculous. Plus, I see that you are 21 y/o... Can you afford to get that new car? What about future decions on a house, or apartment. Whatever happened to college and the college loans? If I saw another car and fell more in love with it than my tC, I would personally stick with what I have, being 21 myself. When I get out of college/grad school and buy such investments as a house, etc., then I would definitely buy "the car of my dreams," or "Concept X" as in yours.

In conclusion, I'm gonna have to say that this is a "you're too young" case... But I don't know you. You actually could have the money and still have more for future investments... But if you don't, then that's what I'd (personally) do.

Good luck on whatever you decide to do, though.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

all the HP for what. speeding tickets. the tc is a great car for the $$ i don't see the justification in spending that much. might as well go for a is350 for that money, and you get to go fast instyle
Old 06-11-2006, 03:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Also, think about the huge amount of insurance money plus the Evo is No.1 most stolen car in the state.....

If you mod your Evo X, all the effort/time/money will be wasted if the car got stolen.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

dude, if you have the cash, get the evo.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i feel the same way. i first loved my tC, but these days i got y eyes on something else. but i think i'm going to make the trade next year so the damage will be less.

i guess it all depends on your financial situation. if yo uhave the dough for the X, then why not? just be careful that you aren't the kind of person that switches cars every year or so, that could get costly.

to me the only good thing comming out of mitsubishi care the evos. everything else is crap imo. i don't care for mitsu's.

as for now, you might want to stop modding that tC of your's. even if you get the evo, i'm sure there wil be something better comming out later.
Old 06-11-2006, 04:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Mitsu's are trash. They are cheaply built and fall apart. Stick with the tC. Everyone I know who has bought a mitsubishi has hated it and spent way too much on repairs...same way with VW.

I say go with the Lex if you rrrrreally want to drop nearly $40k on a car.
Old 06-11-2006, 06:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
Scikotics
SL Member

hahahaha... i am looking over this thread, and seeing point/ counter point. I take a gander at TOEVERYHOUR's finscally responsible comment... but the most convincing arguement is this...

dude, if you have the cash, get the evo.
I actually am fortunate in that my parents pay for my education (NOT MY CAR) I have a part time job, in which the money remains mine. I am not looking to be "responsible" with my money... because... well... if we were all fiscally reponsible, would modding exist in the first place?

I guess it was of the fact that the car was given to me... It was my car FOR school. I have just poured money into it.

I had a manual mercedes 430 before this (you can see it in the picture behind). My dad gave me an auto. I want to turbo it, but it just does not feel right. The having an auto is killing me... I don't know... I guess I am really still waiting for a member to say HERE IS WHAT YOU DO... AND TA DA, YOU HAVE AN EVO IN A tC shell... i mean we have a 2.4... does that not mean more potential for FI? OH well... i guess I sleep on it... some more...
Old 06-11-2006, 07:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

ff is limited
Old 06-11-2006, 07:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
Scikotics
SL Member

p.s. no luxary cars.... NYC yuppies (young urban professionals) spend all their money to get is250s, 325is, and c sedans... this whole middle of the state is about "SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT". I like to mod, its a pain in the lexAS...
Old 06-11-2006, 07:08 PM
5 Year Member

Heh, i would of gotten the evo 9 but my parents said they couldn't help me with the car(sign the papers thats it) because it would be like signing my death wish . Also things to note Evo payment at 72 months and 5.5% and 8k down is around 435 a month, evo insurance is 380 a month, as in its going to be a TON of money no matter what way you look at it. If you already have a tC i think you should stick with it untill out of school (also around the time the X comes out if you getting a 4 year degree). Another option is the www.arialatom.com if your really into it for the car and not the function, if the evo is around 40 then this is only a small step up for the 300 hp version. BTW it is faster then the enzo
Old 06-12-2006, 03:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

good luck using the arial as a daily driver, lol
Old 06-12-2006, 08:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by aznbread
good luck using the arial as a daily driver, lol
hahahahaha... hopefully the cops will understand when I use the breakdown lane to keep the shifting goin
Old 06-15-2006, 06:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
Scikotics
SL Member

im thinking about waiting this out... my lil bro just got his licence, and I would love to keep the baby blue in the family... plus I live on this site, and it would be weird to not have it

Quick Reply: help me... i must be sick