Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

Honda Civic 2006 LX Sedan/Coupe AT vs. Scion 2007 tC AT

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 02:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If I were you. I would buy some rims and tires before you get the car. When you get home swap them right away. You can get around 400-500 dollars from corolla and matrix owners for your practically brand new rims and tires.

I mean you probably are going to change rims and tires anyways, why not get the most value for them when you can. I'd change the potenzas unless you drive like a granny and don't push the limits of your car.

Also, the tC can get boring depending on the owner and what they expect from the car. If you are looking for a Daily Driver or a car to mod exterior wise then tC is a good choice.

Although I have seen some cars boosted and run some great numbers, I wouldn;t classify the tC as a "sports" car and has little respect in the import scene. People who drive the tC think they are fast , which is sad. I mean for the money of course, you're getting the best deal, just don't expect a sports car . . . because it seems many people on here think their tC can beat alot of cars out there . . .
Old 08-07-2006, 03:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Which tyres are rims do you recommend and what is the tyre life? Also what is the life on the potenzas?

Also so cool intake and exhaust help fuel efficiency? I would like to know which one are good and cost?

I have been driving Civic like cars so the tC was anyway good power for me so I guess I may not be modifying it soon.
Old 08-07-2006, 03:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

From my experience and what I have seen from other people, not only tC's, intake and exhaust led to less mileage because you often drive at higher rpm's to get the effect of the intake and exhaus.

I have an Injen CAI and megan Catback exhaust and am Happy with both. Injen CAI runs around 250 new, but you can ook around for a used one for around 175.

My Megan Catback was 310 Picked up. I suggest the megan catback. For the money its about 100 dollars cheap than the TRD Axleback which gives you no gains.

Tires all depends on your Budget. How much are you willing to spend? Same Thing goes for the rims. You can get Cheap ADR rims that look good for around 400-450 bucks shipped like i did. All depends on your budget.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by akshay_d
I am almost finalized on the tC. I have a few questions about the things that need to be taken care of and need to be addressed when you buy it from the dealer. I mean I heard tht potenzas are not good, so should I ask the dealer to swap them with PZeros. Plus what is the life of both the tyres? Any other things that need to be replaced/repaired?
The stock tires are fine if you're driving your car as a daily driver. It'll hold up to even spirited driving. I drove a good 40K on the stock Potenzas and they are durable if you don't abuse them heavily. Read up on tires in the wheel and tire forum before swapping out wheels and tires. BTW, the stock rims are light so they aren't bad.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hunterUnknown
Originally Posted by krdshrk
If you've actually done any research, the auto gets better mileage.
That's total crap. I've owned both auto and manual. The auto I had for 40,000 miles, and the manual so far 6000, and the best i got in the auto was 25, BABYING it like I was a blind deaf grandmother. Worst was 18.

I get 25 in the manual, while driving like an butt. Best I hit was 28 in the manual. Worst has been 23.

Anyway, between auto civ and tc, I'd go with the tC for more fun no contest. Civ for better economy and more doors.
Interesting. We have 2 autos and during the break in period we got ~24 mpg consistently then afterwards anywhere from 23-30 mpg depending on driving conditions. Maybe we calculate mileage differently...
Old 08-07-2006, 08:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ddsboi
The tC gets boring after a while IMO. For the power it puts out, its quite heavy. Gas Mileage isn't that great on the tC. Well in SoCal everyone and their mom has one and the interior feels cheap.

Consider maybe a Used WRX or type-s?
So the tC has a cheap interior and you recommend getting a WRX? All the reviews I have read point to the WRX as having a cheap interior also. quick google search brought this up:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ubaru_impreza/
Old 08-07-2006, 09:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by yesti
The tC gets boring after a while IMO. For the power it puts out, its quite heavy. Gas Mileage isn't that great on the tC. Well in SoCal everyone and their mom has one and the interior feels cheap.

So the tC has a cheap interior and you recommend getting a WRX? All the reviews I have read point to the WRX as having a cheap interior also. quick google search brought this up:

i was talking about the power of the WRX not the interior. Yea the interior is very simple. At least its Simple though and not Cheap like the tC's.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i was talking about the power of the WRX not the interior. Yea the interior is very simple. At least its Simple though and not Cheap like the tC's.
i drive a type-s and i didn't thing the tCs interior is that bad (except for the wrinkle black trim = lame)
Old 08-07-2006, 10:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There are other things like the seats. I know I have this problem and other have too. White spouts were forming on my seats due to water getting on them. Never had that happen in any of my past cars or parents cars. The Sun Roof Cover is very cheap as well.

but again, tC over civic LX any day.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Which is the best color in terms of looks+life+ageing. I think the silver as it shows up less scratches and dirt over the time. I booked a silver one as the dark colors are very difficult to maintain plus show up blemishes easily especially warranting the poor color quality. Has Scion finally improved the color quality on the 2007 tC? What else they have improved on 2007?
Old 08-09-2006, 05:12 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by yesti

Have you read the article? CONS: Cheap Plastic Interior.

The WRX gets worse mileage than the tC (also in the article), and 'everyone and their mom has one'. Also, it doesn't come in a coupe. You don't buy a tC if you don't like coupes! lol.