Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

honda crx vs Lamborgini

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 03:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm at work so I haven't seen the video, but I can think of only two ways that a Honda CRX is going to beat a Lamborghini:

1. Stock lambo vs a highly modified CRX w/nitrous.

2. The Lambo driver was taking it easy on his new $200K car/engine.

Or...possibly both.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by yellowxhoodie
Originally Posted by CDogbert
Exactly, and I think because most people don't grasp the concept of power/weight. So, incoming science!

A 2001 Murcielago weighs 3638 lbs, and it produces 572hp. Divide the weight by the power, and you find that each Italian horse is burdened with 6.36 lbs. Obviously, the lighter the horse, the more efficiently it can prance around (and be expensive and make a lot of noise and such).

Following Carbon's numbers, the old CRX Si weighs 1500 lbs after you take out all the useless, heavy bits (I've seen even lower than that, but we won't go there). In order to match the efficiency of the Lambo (6.36 lbs/hp), it would only need to stuff 235.84 mythical Japanese dragons under it's rusty skin, which you can get from even mildly tinkering with a K20A.

Doesn't make sense? How can a 235hp festival of rust and frugality trounce a 572hp precision instrument of speed? Well, consider this: the Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa will go from 0-60 in about 2.5 seconds. It has only about 175 horsepower, but it only weighs about 500 lbs. That means it saddles every horsepower with less than half the weight of the Lambo, and it goes about twice as fast as a result. Make sense now?
o man.
if anyone argues with this they deserve a ban.
lol.

or they better provide a dammmn good counter argument with numbers and stats to back it up.
^X2
Old 07-18-2008, 04:03 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

Originally Posted by matt_a
I'm at work so I haven't seen the video, but I can think of only two ways that a Honda CRX is going to beat a Lamborghini:

1. Stock lambo vs a highly modified CRX w/nitrous.

2. The Lambo driver was taking it easy on his new $200K car/engine.

Or...possibly both.
ok you obviously dont know how to read.
IT IS A HIGHLY MODIFIED CRX.
With a Greater Power to Wieght Ratio than the Lambo.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok you obviously dont know how to read.
IT IS A HIGHLY MODIFIED CRX.
With a Greater Power to Wieght Ratio than the Lambo.
And you obviously take this stuff way too seriously. I didn't read through all the posts.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:17 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

no not seriously.
just annoying when ppl continue to argue that this race was staged when enough evidence has already been provided to prove that the CRX could easily walk the Lambo.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no not seriously.
just annoying when ppl continue to argue that this race was staged when enough evidence has already been provided to prove that the CRX could easily walk the Lambo.
Oh, I agree. You could probably work up a Yugo to beat a Ferrari if you modify the hell out of it. Well...maybe not a Yugo. But you get my point. Once you modify a car enough, it's not really accurate to call it by it's original model name. Kinda like in NASCAR (which I never watch). The only think that makes that race car a Ford Tarus is the slight resemblence on the sheet metal.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:30 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

and i agree with that as well.
you cant really call the scion tc drag car a scion tc, because its a completely diff platform.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by matt_a
Oh, I agree. You could probably work up a Yugo to beat a Ferrari if you modify the hell out of it. Well...maybe not a Yugo.
Maybe not a Yugo, but what about a Smart car?
Old 07-18-2008, 07:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha that be interesting with a smart car
Old 07-19-2008, 08:05 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

now lets see a crx in a track or a crx losin control and hittin a wall see if the person survives in end...its a death trap

lamborghini will always be a lambo..its all motor of raw power and technolgy that is ridiculous
Old 07-19-2008, 08:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scionBoy86
now lets see a crx in a track or a crx losin control and hittin a wall see if the person survives in end...its a death trap

lamborghini will always be a lambo..its all motor of raw power and technolgy that is ridiculous
Uh? First of all, a properly prepared CRX Si is amazing on the track. Second, TVR's are "all motor of raw power and technology that is ridiculous," but they're death traps as well. Call me crazy, but I don't judge the performance of a car by it's NHTSA rating.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:00 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

thats was a ridiculous statement.
a deathtrap you say? how bout saying why?
and technology that is ridiculous?
u couldnt be any more vague.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Are you trying to say that Lambo's are safe cars?
Old 07-20-2008, 06:59 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

all u guys think about is speed in a car...there is a lot more to it..a lamborghini is a lamborghini..no matter what u compare it to a super hooked up supra or whatever..it'll always be a toyota or honda...technology and appeal and safety, fit and finish is way ahead of those cars it'll never sound or drive like a ferrari,lamborghini,porshe,bugatti,

lets see if a chick would find a toyota or honda more appealin then a lamborghini LP640

it has far more class

u get what u pay for..end of story
Old 07-20-2008, 07:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea exotics are wayyy overrated.

that supra is just straight up VIOLENT

and TVRs are probably the most dangerous car you'd want to sit in

still, i have to agree with scionboy.... a 1200hp toyota does not = panties dropping. thats what exotics are for =p

Originally Posted by SchaumburgScionJT3
haha that be interesting with a smart car
they already do that with street bike engines in Smart cars.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

all u guys think about is speed in a car...there is a lot more to it..a lamborghini is a lamborghini..no matter what u compare it to a super hooked up supra or whatever..it'll always be a toyota or honda...technology and appeal and safety, fit and finish is way ahead of those cars it'll never sound or drive like a ferrari,lamborghini,porshe,bugatti,

lets see if a chick would find a toyota or honda more appealin then a lamborghini LP640

it has far more class

u get what u pay for..end of story
Yep, you caught me; all I think about is speed in a car in a thread about the speed of a lightweight, modified Honda CRX vs. a Murcielago. If this were a thread about the panty drop factor of a CRX vs. Murcielago, I would be steering a bit more toward the Lambo (if participating at all, as it would be the dumbest thread on here). Maybe if you removed your head from Lamborghini's ___ long enough, you would see that we weren't even debating anything but power/weight ratio's and the legitimacy of the OP video.
Old 07-20-2008, 03:02 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

lol.
CDogbert FTW again.

and idk what kinda girls you guys hang around. But a 1200HP Supra would drop just about every girls panties around here.
granted it may not drop them as fast as the lambo, but it still will. The CRX however...i doubt it. haha
Old 07-20-2008, 08:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wait a minute. The girl would drop her panties for the car or the driver of that car? Not all hot cars have hot drivers...
Old 07-21-2008, 02:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ChelsDS
Wait a minute. The girl would drop her panties for the car or the driver of that car? Not all hot cars have hot drivers...
That's where the golddigging **** factor comes in!
Old 07-21-2008, 06:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

and plus ur comparin a car thats 1500pounds of sheet metal and probualy gutted to ____ and that has boost with another car thats ALL MOTOR.. u can do that with any car...lets see that lambo with a supercharger or turbo and see the outcome...u guys are dibs

Toyota will always be a toyota
honda will always be a honda
nissan will always be a nissan

if u have the money to buy a bugatti veyron,ferrari enzo, lamborghini lp640 what does it matter...a 1200hp supra probualy will come close to 200k with all the mods u put in it anyways and would never drive as smooth or sound like any exotic car or appeal to people then a car that looks like it came out from the movie fast and furious....

Quick Reply: honda crx vs Lamborgini