Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...
View Poll Results: Which One Would You Pick???
Chevrolet Aveo
0%
Scion xA
40.82%
Nissan Versa
6.12%
Honda Fit
8.16%
Toyota Yaris
44.90%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Honda FIT is gonna destroy the xA and Yaris!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 01:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

If my 5spd xA is about as slow as I can possibly tolerate. I've driven both a manual and the CVT-7 equipped Jazz/Fit, with the 1.5L i-VTEC motor. . . it was slower than my xA.

Although I don't think blinding speed is a requirement for this market. And I really hope they don't bring the i-DSI motor over! BLEH! The 1NZ has somewhat useable torque for a 1.5. The Honda didn't. . .

I hope more mods come out for the motor, but I'd imagine swaps to be a pain. It's not a B or K series motor, so you'd probably looking at some wiring issues. I'm not too familiar, since I've never really looked into it. A motor swap would probably be your best bet for a mod. Other than that, I couldn't find many performance mods for the 1.5L block. . . at least in Thailand.

Althought the aftermarket support for the 1NZ blows. . . it is better than what I saw for the Fit/Jazz in Thailand. . . at least motor wise.
Old 01-15-2006, 01:57 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

any one notice that it looks just like the suzuki aerio??? haha
Old 01-15-2006, 02:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by corey415
Originally Posted by Charade_Detomasso
The Fit is ugly, its the most retarded looking sub-compact this side of the echo.

I'd take a yaris thank you and the incredible amount of Japanese aftermarket PERFORMANCE support (and nice body kits) that come with it.
So you don't think the FIT has a similar amount of support from the Japanese tuner market? I have seen tons of tricked out FITs on the web.

Like the Spoon Sports Fit and the various Mugen Fits (i.e. the Dynamite, Spec-D,..)
The yaris has far more aftermarket support. no contest.
Old 01-15-2006, 02:23 AM
5 Year Member
Scinergy

Dude....All that is will come to pass. None will survive after the China invasion.
Old 01-15-2006, 02:33 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FitzBox
Dude....All that is will come to pass. None will survive after the China invasion.
haha word!!!
Old 01-15-2006, 04:24 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by djct_watt
If my 5spd xA is about as slow as I can possibly tolerate. I've driven both a manual and the CVT-7 equipped Jazz/Fit, with the 1.5L i-VTEC motor. . . it was slower than my xA.

Although I don't think blinding speed is a requirement for this market. And I really hope they don't bring the i-DSI motor over! BLEH! The 1NZ has somewhat useable torque for a 1.5. The Honda didn't. . .

Both the xA and Fit are slow; around 22 lbs/hp. However, the 5MT for the USDM Fit is geared more agressively than it is in the other markets, which will help with acceleration. Honda is bringing over the 1.5 VTEC as the only motor choice, with 109hp and 105 ft-lbs.
Old 01-15-2006, 07:26 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

i think the fit looks funky (ford focus anyone?)

and the tCs seat do some of those same things.
the back and front passenger seat can fold down flat with the trunk.
and the 2 front seats can fold flat backwards with the back seats.
and the back seats recline 45º. all that makes what scion once called a "social space". actually quite nice with the roof open.
Old 01-15-2006, 07:53 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

What is that! My goodness, I've looked at the Fit and I'm ready to throw a Fit. My blue tC could run circles around that thing and it's stock. Then again, my car's more expensive than that too. If you all want power so badly, go pick up a used 300 ZX twin turbo'd Nissan, and smoke whatever ya want. You got 6-8k it shouldn't be a problem. I like the Yaris hatchback, don't like the sedan too much though.

Proud owner of an 06' Nautical blue tC
Old 01-15-2006, 09:00 AM
FIT
5 Year Member

Toyota fans hating on Honda? There's something wrong with that picture... T and H fans generally stick together, but whatever. The Yaris has a pathetic interior (cheap hard plastics everywhere) and zero innovation. The FIT's gonna kill it!
Old 01-15-2006, 02:42 PM
Banned
SL Member

lolol um no, toyota guys have never stuck with honda guys.. you honda people have too much torque envy

i will be buying a yaris hatch.. i will be selling the xA to do so.

go ahead.. ask me why :D
Old 01-15-2006, 03:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not all Toyota fans hate Honda's. I like the Fit...minus the door handles. Yes I am arguing over door handles. I thought Honda would replace the door handles and make it similar to the xA, Yaris. I give kudos for Honda for bringing the Fit in. I was looking at the Civic awhile back. It was the cheapest Honda but the Civic was only available as a sedan (I was not in the market for the Si-hatch). Very impractical and also it is expensive. The Fit should fit nicely in the market for people who want economical and practical vehicles.

On the other hand, the Nissan Versa isn't that Versa-tile. When the rear seats are folded down, the cargo area isn't flat. The rear seats rise about 8" from the floor.
Old 01-15-2006, 04:05 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha i'm hatin on honda cause there over played and i will never own one

imma gonna do a comparison here...

honda=chevy, toyota = chrysler, lexus = imperial, and scion = plymouth

and what do i see the most are honda's and i rarely see any scions and the only time i see scions are at car shows...
Old 01-15-2006, 05:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

I'm a huge Honda fan - look at my bikes below.
And Honda knows torque - look below again for great examples.
Now Honda cars, well, they don't tune for low/mid range. That's a choice they make, and then it's up to you to decide if it fits your needs/wants.
Can't dis Honda - they make awesome stuff.

Scott
Old 01-15-2006, 06:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

After reading the proposed specs they have on www.vtec.net (temple of vtec), there are a few things that I can see that I wouldn't like.

1.Lack of rear swaybar: It's FWD! The rear swaybar is the IMPORTANT one!

2. Drive by wire throtle: I've driven a few new cars with it, and drive by wire throttle sucks, period. I can't stand trying to work a manual transmission in a car with it. The engine modifies your throttle input all the time, so the throttle is never open the amount you expect it to be. Basically the output is un-predictable.

3. 2430 lbs: 100 more than the xA for a stickshift model and almost 150 more for an automatic model

4. Standard VTEC system: the on/off switch kind that make for no tourqe down low. The thing I like the most about the xA, is that even though the engine is tiny, it has enough tourqe down low to get going.

A few things I liked about it:
1. The paddle shifters (assuming they are very quick shifting, if not, then bleh)

2.electo-pneumatic power assist works great in Honda cars

3.the interor looks like it will be very nice
Old 01-16-2006, 03:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Even if sales of these are good, it isn't going to "destroy" much less hurt Scion's sales. If sales were the least bit slow, you'd see lots more advertising and/or rebates, etc. They barely advertise and sell all the cars they can produce...
Old 01-16-2006, 08:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tamago
lolol um no, toyota guys have never stuck with honda guys.. you honda people have too much torque envy

ok, i'll do it. WHY??? I seriously am interested in knowing this info.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:58 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by FNslow
Originally Posted by Tamago

ok, i'll do it. WHY??? I seriously am interested in knowing this info.
the yaris will be lighter than the xA, therefore faster.. all suspension should swap over from the xA.. this means i can have an EVEN FASTER FSP autoX car for LESS money, and i'll be getting less attention because it's "just a toyota" and not a SKI-ON lol.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by corey415
Originally Posted by djct_watt

Both the xA and Fit are slow; around 22 lbs/hp. However, the 5MT for the USDM Fit is geared more agressively than it is in the other markets, which will help with acceleration. Honda is bringing over the 1.5 VTEC as the only motor choice, with 109hp and 105 ft-lbs.
Definitely no argument there. And a more aggressive tranny will DEFINITELY help. . .

However, the main problem wasn't the shift points (for the Fits I've driven. . . it was how unresponsive the engine was under 4.5k. . . there was almost zero useable torque. I complained when I test drove an S2000. . . but the S2000 feels like a blown 700 cubic inch motor after driving the Fit. Don't get me wrong, it does have some pick up when you rev the thing up. But at 3500RPM, if you step on the gas, nothing happens. However, I can often pass without downshifting in top gear on my xA.

A motorswap would be the ideal performance mod for a Fit. . . and it's not as easy as it seems. . . but these kinds of cars aren't exactly meant for high end performance, lol. Maybe the autox. . . but beyond that, both cars do have a limit, and it is NOT the sky.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the honda line is sinkin the cars are assembled in canada parts from america might as well come from mexico!!! the yaris is fing awsome the 4 door looks sporty as hell and i love the 2 door looks like a mouse i like cars that look like things thats why the 03 WRX had my attension looked to me like some sorta bug!..... oh by the way honda = zero torque
Old 01-17-2006, 04:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

I wouldn't go so far as to say that all Honda motors have zero torque. . . the K24 has a hearty amount of torque, as do their V6 motors.

Quick Reply: Honda FIT is gonna destroy the xA and Yaris!!!!!!!