Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...
View Poll Results: Which One Would You Pick???
Chevrolet Aveo
0%
Scion xA
40.82%
Nissan Versa
6.12%
Honda Fit
8.16%
Toyota Yaris
44.90%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Honda FIT is gonna destroy the xA and Yaris!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 08:02 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Can you say new Honda City Turbo?

I hope at least Mugen or someone makes a turbocharging kit and other performance parts available for the Fit. Also if I remember correctly I forgot if its the origonal or newer i-VTEC which people managed to get a turbocharger to be compatible with.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

I believe there is a supercharger out for the L15 (the City/Jazz/Fit motor).
Old 01-17-2006, 07:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

finethe big engines on hondas have torque hmmm that makes sense but the 4-bangers have zero
Old 01-17-2006, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mugen has a concept supercharged Fit for the L15 Vtec. It has 145 ps. They also swapped in a 260hp k20 in a prior concept called the Fit Dynamite.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by p2filz
finethe big engines on hondas have torque hmmm that makes sense but the 4-bangers have zero
Do you have anything worth reading to contribute to this thread?

Old 01-18-2006, 07:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by p2filz
The K24 is a 4 banger.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i saw the fit and yaris at the la auto show and i think teh fit is all over the yaris... i'd get a fit anyday over a yaris...
Old 01-18-2006, 09:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Maybe you should have specified HB or Sedan Yaris in the poll,it's not fair considering most people are probably voting for the Sedan(If they are,they should get mental help) rather than the HB.
Old 01-18-2006, 01:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD

Can you say Suzuki Aerio? Or Chevy Aveo? The thing looks quite hideous to me......im sure its features are nice but its....fugly.....im dissappointed in honda.
Old 01-18-2006, 01:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, it looks like a Suzuki Aerio to me.

And the Magic Seat system = more electronic moving parts = more failures in the future (no matter who makes the parts, they will fail in future, lets hope they don't fail in recline/relax mode).

But overall I'm glad to see that small vehicles are finally being marketed again to the US market. I hope they do all do well to eliminate the SUV populace.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Matt_Moore
And the Magic Seat system = more electronic moving parts = more failures in the future (no matter who makes the parts, they will fail in future, lets hope they don't fail in recline/relax mode).
The magic seats are not electronically controlled. That would be cool though. Regardless, I have not heard of anyone's JDM or UK Fit's magic seats failing either.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by corey415

The magic seats are not electronically controlled. That would be cool though. Regardless, I have not heard of anyone's JDM or UK Fit's magic seats failing either.
If they are manually moved...whats makes them so "magic"?

Sounds extra like work to me, one thing about us Americans...we sure are lazy.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i went to the auto show and i looove the vitz. the Fit, i was less impressed with. although i admit i didn't get to the interior because it was full inside. the outside i don't like, the lines are to sharp, i live the vitz's roundedness. but, hell, they are both gonna be awesome little cars. i'm loving it. i wanna trade in my xA for a vitz....and the xB for a fj cruiser
Old 01-18-2006, 06:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Calling it "magic" is a japanese thing...

But check out the seating/storage configs:
http://www.fitfreak.net/html_content...ranslation.htm
Old 01-18-2006, 08:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by dmxsoulja3
Pricing will be a big factor...does anyone know what they are supposed to cost? At this point with gas prices and what not alot of people could care less what it looks like, its about MPG and price and atleast at the dealership I go to I hardly see any young people buying scions, its mostly mpg/money consensus older folks.
You live in F-L-O-R-I-D-A. Retirement is a way of life there!

Kinda like Arizona.

I think the average age of Scion owners is 35. When you figure in the old guys like me and the parents that co-signed for their kids... probably a little under 30 is closer to true.
Old 01-19-2006, 02:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by corey415

Actually, if that were the case, nobody would ever release 60/40 split rear seats. . . they aren't power either.

The magic part is that you can fold them to make a completely flat load floor OR fold up the rear cushion (the part you sit on) and have an extremely tall cargo floor. No other car has this, since most cars put their gas tanks under the rear seat (like on the xB. . . rear passengers sit on the gas tank). On the Fit/Jazz, you have extra storage space there, as well as the magic seat thing.

IMO, I don't particularly like. . . for three reasons. 1) The gas tank is moved forward, under the front seats, and decreases the usuable space under the front seats, making less room for rear passengers. It's still pretty roomy, but more is better. 2) It's going to mess up the weight distribution. I dunno what the exact balance is, but with all that weight up front, it's could turn into an understeer nightmare. 3) The gas tank is probably going to be much smaller, as they are in most Honda's. Great MPG is awesome, but filling up three times on a trip from SF to LA is not.

One great thing about magic seats is that you could use all that space under the seats for a gigantic sub enclosure that would be stealth and out of the way.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

china invasion? um ok.

why would center gauges make it so that you don't buy a car.
Old 01-19-2006, 07:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Believe it or not, center guages are still a turn off for many buyers. . . and especially for every car magazine editor.

Personally, I've grown to love center guages. . . I groan and moan everytime I have to stare through the steering wheel on other cars. Once you get used to 'em, they really are handy. But I think center mounted guages are the kind of thing that will never catch on. . . even IF they are better. It's kinda like how some countries are RHD, and will never switch to LHD. . . or countries that use 220-240V instead of 115-120.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:37 PM
5 Year Member

If Honda made a 3DR Fit in the US I would definitely be interested. As it is, I'd rather have a Yaris hatch. I think both will be easy to modify. However, Toyota has TRD behind them whereas Honda has yet to partner with any company to sell performance parts. I see Toyota as having the upper hand in this battle.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Not to say much, but TRD isn't exactly the provider of the most high performance parts in the world. . .

Even with the infamous Supra, it's all about the big time companies/sponsors. . . I would name a few, but there are too many to list.

TRD parts consist of jack of all trades supercharger, and lowering springs (which aren't the most aggressive on the market). They do make a whole lotta of aero parts. . .

IMO, I think companies like Mugen and Spoon (even though I despise them) are more successful as a performance parts manufacturers. Afterall. . . Honda doesn't need a partnership. . . they have every company on the planet already making parts for them. Why would they want to decrease the competition by giving an unfair advantage to one company?

I think it's pretty much a fact that Honda's are easier to modify. . . it doesn't make them better, but it's just the way that it is.

Quick Reply: Honda FIT is gonna destroy the xA and Yaris!!!!!!!