Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

Hyundai Genesis

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 09:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Hyundai Genesis

I have been thinking about trading in my XB for a Hyundai Genesis. I have a fairly long commute every morning and I would like something more "luxurious" if I am going to be in it so long each day... What do you think? I have read only good things about the Genesis.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Coupe or Sedan? I wish it wasn't a Hyundai
Old 09-23-2008, 03:59 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Originally Posted by mikochu
I wish it wasn't a Hyundai
My thoughts exactly.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:03 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

The coupe is pretty sweet looking. 300HP, rear wheel drive, LSD and brembos sounds good to me but the fact that it is a Hyundai worries me.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by lil_will
The coupe is pretty sweet looking. 300HP, rear wheel drive, LSD and brembos sounds good to me but the fact that it is a Hyundai worries me.

i agree with all of that...that does sound sweet...but i don't agree with the fact it's a hyundai...

hyundai has grown as a company significantly since they first started out and as you can see, making the cars they do now...and besides...how can you go wrong for the price that you get those nice things plus a 10yr/100k warrenty...even if it's a first year car...they're going to take care of you with any little glitch you come up with...my father-in-law swears by hyundai since he started driving the tib...

i say do it!
Old 09-23-2008, 04:39 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

I have never had good experiences with Hyundai. My mom had a Sonata and everything fell apart. The car still ran but everything was broken lol. My friend had an 04 Tiburon and the paint was HORRIBLE. When he tried to get the dealership to fix it they tried to give him the run around.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 09-23-2008, 04:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Click here to download printer friendly version Hyundai aims to shatter premium automobile paradigms with the North American International Auto Show introduction of its new flagship, the all-new Genesis sports sedan on January 13. With capabilities and features comparable to $60,000 premium sedans, Genesis will be offered at a starting price under $30,000 when it goes on sale this summer. Genesis is built on Hyundai’s all-new, performance-driven rear-wheel-drive architecture. It offers three powertrains, including 3.3-liter and 3.8-liter V6 engines, and Hyundai’s all-new 4.6-liter Tau V8. Tau will produce an estimated 368 horsepower on regular fuel, and lead all its competitors in specific output with 80 horsepower per liter. With technology rivaling more expensive luxury sedans, Genesis showcases features such as XM NavTraffic, Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFLS), Smart Cruise Control, Lexicon® audio systems and electronic active head restraints.

Genesis is built on an all-new rear-wheel-drive architecture, its first application in a U.S. Hyundai model. Genesis boasts a near ideal 53/47 front-to-rear weight distribution for exceptional handling and more refined steering characteristics. The rear-wheel-drive layout allowed engineers to position the car’s front wheels farther forward delivering outstanding handling and steering performance. Standard Electronic Stability Control (ESC), the industry’s most important new safety technology, further enhances the vehicle’s driving confidence. Hyundai leads all popular car brands in the standard application of ESC, with more than 70 percent of 2007 Hyundai sales featuring ESC as standard equipment.

Genesis reduces interior noise levels and improves ride and handling with a stiffer, lighter body structure. The use of high tensile steel in critical areas in the unibody provides Genesis with 12-14 percent higher dynamic torsional rigidity and a lower body structure weight than the BMW 5-series and Mercedes-Benz E-Class – despite having a substantially larger cabin than either of those benchmarks. Hyundai Genesis has more interior volume than Mercedes Benz E-Class and BMW 7-Series.

Headlining the Genesis’ performance capabilities is Hyundai’s all-new Tau 4.6-liter V8 engine mated to a ZF 6-speed automatic transmission with SHIFTRONIC® manual control. The Tau V8 delivers an estimated 368 horsepower to fit the demands of performance-oriented consumers. Unlike many competitors and most premium sedans, it achieves this impressive power output using regular unleaded fuel – further demonstration of Hyundai’s commitment to value. This powertrain combination will launch Genesis to 60 miles per hour in less than six seconds. The Tau produces more horsepower and torque than the powerplants found in Lexus GS450, BMW 750i, Audi A8 and Infiniti M45 and has more horsepower per liter than any of its V8 competitors. The Tau engine is built with flexibility for the future. Future Tau variants may offer larger displacement, forced induction options and other technology enhancements.

Genesis also delivers spirited performance through its two V6 options -- all-aluminum 3.3-liter and 3.8-liter DOHC V6 engines that deliver an estimated 268 horsepower and 233 lb-ft. of torque and an estimated 290 horsepower and 264 lb.-ft. of torque, respectively. To maximize the power spread, the engines utilize Continuously Variable Valve Timing (CVVT) on intake and exhaust cam shafts and a new Variable Intake System (VIS) that helps cylinders breathe efficiently at low and high RPM. The better breathing results in outstanding off-the-line acceleration and passing performance, and remarkable fuel efficiency. The V6 engines use an alloy block and cylinder heads for lighter weight and thermal efficiency, and feature timing chains with no scheduled maintenance. Even with their impressive output, all Genesis engines are also environmentally friendly, with all three achieving Ultra Low Emission Vehicle (ULEV) certification levels.

Both Genesis V6 engines use an Aisin 6-speed SHIFTRONIC automatic transmission that features an overdrive lock-up torque converter for improved highway fuel economy. The transmission offers smooth shifts and a wide spread of ratios that ideally suit both engine's characteristics including a tall-overdrive sixth gear for quiet, efficient highway cruising. Drivers can access the SHIFTRONIC® feature by moving the gear selector into a separate gate. Pushing the selector forward or pulling it rearward will shift the transmission up or down sequentially, adding to driver control. A clear LCD readout on the instrument panel shows the gear that's in use.

Genesis features a suspension design that is among the most sophisticated and refined anywhere, at any price. The front five-link suspension features upper and lower arms linking the front wheels to the chassis. This artfully articulated arrangement creates a virtual king pin axis that dramatically reduces unwanted kickback through the steering wheel as well as improving responsiveness. The five-link independent rear suspension is equally sophisticated, enabling precise suspension geometry for a premium ride and engaging handling prowess. The capabilities of the advanced front and rear-suspension are maximized through Amplitude Selective Dampers (ASD) allowing tuning flexibility at smaller damper displacements.

Maintaining Hyundai's emphasis on delivering leading safety technology, Genesis boasts world-class active and passive safety features to help both prevent accidents, and maximize the well being of its occupants in the event of a collision. The Genesis continues the Hyundai tradition of standardizing key life-saving safety technology such as Electronic Stability Control (ESC), eight airbags and electronic active head restraints. Genesis' total of eight airbags include advanced dual front airbags, front and rear seat-mounted side-impact airbags, and roof-mounted side curtain airbags for both front and rear outboard seat occupants.

Code:
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/3549/Hyundai-Genesis.html
Old 09-23-2008, 02:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah I want the Sedan, I would get the light metallic blue and put flat black wheels on it. The coupe is nice but since it will be my only car, I want a four door. Yeah when I tell people that its a hyundai, they say Hyundai is crap, which I reply. They used to be, they are turning things around there now it seems to me.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by archangel
Yeah I want the Sedan, I would get the light metallic blue and put flat black wheels on it. The coupe is nice but since it will be my only car, I want a four door. Yeah when I tell people that its a hyundai, they say Hyundai is crap, which I reply. They used to be, they are turning things around there now it seems to me.
Yeah but I do have one interjection here Since i Work at a Toyota/Hyundai Dealership as a Master Tech, There are already 6 recalls out on the Hyundai Genesis..... Fuel Pump, ECU, Gauge Cluster, Front Wheel Bearings, Wiper Transmission and Front Tie Rods. I just replaced an ECU and Front tie rods on this Light Blue Genesis on Friday nice car for the money just cheaply and quickly made thats my 2 cents
Old 10-06-2008, 02:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by PAboostedtC5286
Yeah but I do have one interjection here Since i Work at a Toyota/Hyundai Dealership as a Master Tech, There are already 6 recalls out on the Hyundai Genesis..... Fuel Pump, ECU, Gauge Cluster, Front Wheel Bearings, Wiper Transmission and Front Tie Rods. I just replaced an ECU and Front tie rods on this Light Blue Genesis on Friday nice car for the money just cheaply and quickly made thats my 2 cents
thanks for the info!
Old 10-06-2008, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey these things always happen in the first year. Look at all the problems Toyota had with the new Tundra. Its happens no matter the car company. Thats why I always wait til the next model year comes around to purchase the car i want.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by highvoltage1
Hey these things always happen in the first year. Look at all the problems Toyota had with the new Tundra. Its happens no matter the car company. Thats why I always wait til the next model year comes around to purchase the car i want.
I was thinking the same thing. I can wait till the 2010 come out, they should have 90% of the kinks straightened out by then
Old 10-06-2008, 07:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Hyundai cars are surprisingly reliable, my family owns a 200k miles Sonata,
Old 10-06-2008, 11:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

either way....10 year/100k warrenty....a kink here a kink there, it gets fixed for free anyway...
Old 10-06-2008, 11:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

like the scion tc rattle, sunroof shattering, side air bags going off bombastic!!
Old 10-07-2008, 03:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I'm starting to see more commercials for the Genesis and I must admit, it's a decent-looking car!
Old 10-07-2008, 03:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

id get it
Old 10-08-2008, 01:48 PM

Agreed on that there, after seeing all the recalls out there like Toyota's frame check that we have to do for Tacoma's years 95 to 98 some of the recalls are minor things like build date's for some genesis's that forgot to have there GVWR Sticker put on but wait a year and more than likely all those recalls and problems for newer vehicles are fixed so we hope
Old 10-21-2008, 12:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah when I tell people that its a hyundai, they say Hyundai is crap, which I reply. They used to be, they are turning things around there now it seems to me.
They are cheap cars, period.

DUH!

Quick Reply: Hyundai Genesis