Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

Hyundai Tiburon

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 07:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

If I recall correctly, Japan was the only country in recent history that has made a planned military strike on the United States, on American soil.

But I don't play politics when I buy cars. Last I heard, Hyundai outperformed GM and Ford in reliability ratings, and was on par with Mercedes-Benz. Toyota and Honda were on top, but Mitsubishi was near the bottom too. The country of manufature has nothing to do with it. . . it's how well the company is run. A lot of the parts in our "Japanese" cars are now made in south east asia.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If ya want power and good gas mileage get a Celie GTS. :D

Celie GTS (I4): 0-60 6.8 MPG 25+ city 30+ hw
Tibby GT (V6): 0-60 7.2 MPG 20+ city 25+ hw

I'm pretty sure a Celie GT is faster than a Tibby I4 and gets better gas mileage also.

Umm, its NORTHERN Korea that SUPPOSEDLY wants "to bomb the US".
Hyundais are made in SOUTHERN Korea.

Tibbies have a cool look'n back end. The fronts are a little odd.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default ahaaa

lemme put my 2 cents in. I have had 2 automatic 4 cylinder 04 tiburons. my first one's tranny blew all by itself. then i waited four months for the factory to fix. guess what the couldnt get a new tranny so they gave me another o4 tiburn. the tranny busted up again by itself. then it went back to the factory, they finaly had a new tranny for me. I had the car outa the shop for 2 weeks, when i get hit by a friggn old lady in a 1970's piece of crap boat of a car. anywho the tiburons transmissins are very weak, and korean cars suck. so now i trive a 06 scion tc better than a tiburon. and with my cold air intake and exaust i got 13 more horses than a stock 6speed tiburon
Old 02-20-2006, 10:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I knew it was one of them that wanted to... All I know is that Kia is made by Hyunday and Kias are junk... so that should tell u guys something.. they might be getting better but they are also getting more expensive and to me they are not worth it... ohh and look up the resale value on those two companies...
Old 02-21-2006, 02:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Nikatnite79

I knew it was one of them that wanted to... All I know is that Kia is made by Hyunday and Kias are junk... so that should tell u guys something.. they might be getting better but they are also getting more expensive and to me they are not worth it... ohh and look up the resale value on those two companies...
If that's your opinion, then you want to stay away from Daimler-Chrysler and Mitsubishi. If you are in the know, you'd know that Chrysler has owned a majority stake of Mitsubishi for quite some time. In fact, many Chrysler models were and are powered by Mitsu engines (which is why they have soooo many problems). It's also a reason why so many Mitsu models coincide with Chrysler (Dodge Stealth-3000GT, Eclipse-Talon, Raider-Dakota). But anyway. . . Daimler-Chrysler recently signed up with Hyundai to have them supply their mass market 4 cylinder engines, which will be used in a host of Mitsubishi, Chrysler, Dodge, (possibly Jeep), and Mercedez-Benz vehicles, as well as in Hyundai's. Take of it what you will.