Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

Its A Sad Day For the GT-R

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 09:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah i don't want an Enzo. New ferrari sucks imo. I'm plannin on gettin myself a used 98 550 Maranello when I get older tho. Zondas prolly gonna stay a dream. unless i hit the lotto..... twice.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by Boxer_Rebellion
I meant real world mass production cars. The ACR is amazing but it's a one-trick pony. You could say that or the top-spec Ariel Atom or a GT3 RS is better in a cetrain setting, but they don't shine everywhere, doing anything. The GTR does.

Oh and by the way, I do like the R33 (well-sorted) better. I'm just making the case for current production cars.
You said no car under $200k could beat the GTR at the track and on the street. I found one that could for under $100k. And when the ZR1 comes out, that will decimate the GTR as well, oh wait, it already does.

The GTR was made to produce numbers, that's it. They made that car for bragging rights. They wanted the fastest production car for the Ring, and they got it, lol for a few days. That's why it's a failure. They're trying to introduce tons of technology into a world that obviously doesn't need it. If the car had been 500-600lbs lighter and didn't have a million little gimmicks, then it would be a feat.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'll say it again... DRIVE one. Then drive a Viper. see what impresses you the most.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

I don't want to drive one lol, I'm afraid I'll do $20,000 worth of damage to it because I pushed it too hard, or that I'll void the warranty by flicking a switch .

I'll take a Z06, ZR1, Atom+DD and a whole bunch of other options before ever considering to buy that disgrace.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:45 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC

SL Member

I still say my box will destroy all challengers.

As long as I am given a 2 day head start, you will never catch me!
Old 01-05-2009, 09:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

C110 GT-R, R30 RS-X Turbo C, R31 GTS-R FTW!
Old 01-05-2009, 10:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

O god I can't believe someone mistook a Pagani for a friggin Ferrari.

Off to the firing squad with you!
Old 01-06-2009, 01:13 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
I meant real world mass production cars. The ACR is amazing but it's a one-trick pony. You could say that or the top-spec Ariel Atom or a GT3 RS is better in a cetrain setting, but they don't shine everywhere, doing anything. The GTR does.

Oh and by the way, I do like the R33 (well-sorted) better. I'm just making the case for current production cars.
You said no car under $200k could beat the GTR at the track and on the street. I found one that could for under $100k. And when the ZR1 comes out, that will decimate the GTR as well, oh wait, it already does.

The GTR was made to produce numbers, that's it. They made that car for bragging rights. They wanted the fastest production car for the Ring, and they got it, lol for a few days. That's why it's a failure. They're trying to introduce tons of technology into a world that obviously doesn't need it. If the car had been 500-600lbs lighter and didn't have a million little gimmicks, then it would be a feat.
Even with all the weight of the GTR, the weight is pretty much distributed very well. Any one could strip a car of everything luxury and have a light car but that doesnt necessarily mean the car with handle like a pro. The GTR was made to brake hard and power out of corners. I agree that the ZR1 will decimate the GTR in a straight line but when it comes to corners and braking, the ZR1 cant even touch the GTR. The GTR was matched up with a Ducati around a track and won every corner but when it comes to straight aways..the GTR was left in the dust.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Wow! We just sold a black one a few weeks ago to a customer who likes to race cars professionally! That GTR got tore up!...
Old 01-06-2009, 01:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

The Vspec GTR is supposed to have more nuts so we'll see with that.

Instead of the rumored 550hp I would love to see 650 or teeter 700.

The motor can do it, so I don't see why not make one with that kind of power. THEN Nissan will have bragging rights.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

WTF........ whats with all the GTR hate? Aisde from its looks and launch control/tranny problem that car is just amazing.

I hate to admit it but it's a 911 turbo killer, (huge Porsche fan) and that's the car that they were going after when they built it. They pretty much copied everything that made a 911 turbo great, and pretty much improved on everything.

Too bad they didnt work on the launch control thing as much as everything else.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by InfiniteVisi0n

Even with all the weight of the GTR, the weight is pretty much distributed very well. Any one could strip a car of everything luxury and have a light car but that doesnt necessarily mean the car with handle like a pro. The GTR was made to brake hard and power out of corners. I agree that the ZR1 will decimate the GTR in a straight line but when it comes to corners and braking, the ZR1 cant even touch the GTR. The GTR was matched up with a Ducati around a track and won every corner but when it comes to straight aways..the GTR was left in the dust.
Is that why Bob Lutz already beat the GTR's proclaimed Nurburgring time with the ZR1?
Old 01-06-2009, 06:44 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by InfiniteVisi0n

Is that why Bob Lutz already beat the GTR's proclaimed Nurburgring time with the ZR1?
I dont know did he? I havent kept up with the ZR1..wait wait i just checked it. Your right the ZR1 did beat the GTR but the ZR1 is a lot more then 100 thousand. Its estimated to be 20 grand more then the GTR. Plus you shouldnt give the credit to Bob Lutz, you should give it to Jim Mero..the driver who achieved the 7.26 lap time. IMO i still think the GTR handles better then the ZR1 despite being heavier. If you look at the ring, you notice a significant straight away that breaches out 1/5 of the course.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok... what IS up with all this GT-R hate? And last time I checked that Pagani Zonda was like 300k+ so yeah I'd take that over over a GTR too.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Haters=*******. Carbon will never get it.

I was impressed by the Z06 but I would never want to own one. It's engine is incredible. But it's a compromised daily driver in many ways, and so schizo at the limit that you wouldn't want it for track days. The ZR1 will be better in every way, but it's still a dinosaur.

One point- The way people were paranoid about computer taking control over a cars systems with ABS and fuel mapping is the same as the naysayers today are about the GT-R's systems. They make the car faster, safer and more livable, and are the way forward. If you don't like it, buy an AC Cobra .
Old 01-06-2009, 09:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

"If you don't like it, buy an AC Cobra ."

Now we're talking.

Also if you watch youtube, it shows the GTR (i believe it's the vspec version) vs. the ZR1, and the GTR keeps up and even passes it as far as cornering, but as soon as the road opens up the ZR1 treats the GTR like a toy.

Then the GTR catches back up for braking and turns.

The vspec GTR might get my approval, but only because it's lighter and more powerful, and the slight body changes are for the better.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't get technology hate. If one feels any improvement is bad go buy a model T then. You will be in complete control heaven. Ya had your lever for neutral and the parking break, one pedal for high gear, low gear an also neutral, a pedal for reverse, a pedal for brakes, a gear shift for the 2 speed rear axle, and two throttle levers, one for throttle opening and the other for ignition timing. There ya go. Your leet now cause you have to master so many pedals and levers.

Here's your 3 pages of instructions...
http://www.scvmtfc.org/drivingmodelt.pdf
Old 01-09-2009, 05:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

i find it funny that most people who hate on the gtr will never afford one so who cares
Old 01-09-2009, 08:23 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this is the nicest skyline

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=246783

Old 01-10-2009, 08:07 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice!^