Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

just wanted to see what you guys think

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 12:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by islandromeo81
Originally Posted by brave_lil_toaster
ahh 5.0 who cares about th color just burn em, i like it ny nissan was the same color burgandy
i can say a 5.0 is nice but since changing my opinion on imports i seen some pretty fast 4bangers the color it more purple then BCP but real close made me happy :D
they may have some fast 4-bangers out there but if you think of minily that you have to spend to make one of them run, its cheaper to get a 5.0 and modify plus reliabilty issue you can pump 5-600 horses out a v8 and still drive it everyday (i wouldn't recomend it cause gas prices) but you get the flow, i mean dont get me wrong i have had a import with some mods but i still have a passion for v8's

if you want to talk about 4-bangers that run, mention vw flat 4 and that a whole different bread of animal, consider 200hp and in the 12's v-dub fa life
but hey to each his own......-b-l-t
Old 08-04-2006, 12:57 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by islandromeo81
ahh 5.0 who cares about th color just burn em, i like it ny nissan was the same color burgandy
i can say a 5.0 is nice but since changing my opinion on imports i seen some pretty fast 4bangers the color it more purple then BCP but real close made me happy :D
they may have some fast 4-bangers out there but if you think of minily that you have to spend to make one of them run, its cheaper to get a 5.0 and modify plus reliabilty issue you can pump 5-600 horses out a v8 and still drive it everyday (i wouldn't recomend it cause gas prices) but you get the flow, i mean dont get me wrong i have had a import with some mods but i still have a passion for v8's

if you want to talk about 4-bangers that run, mention vw flat 4 and that a whole different bread of animal, consider 200hp and in the 12's v-dub fa life
but hey to each his own......-b-l-t

hahaha nice to see some one on here who thinks like i do lol is sad though that the stock 5.0 block can only handle 400hp at the wheels and be able to live a long heathy life there alot of weekness with the late 80's block that they cut corners for weight but yeah mines putting out about 275 flywheel hp i ant wait to add my blower that sitting in my garage for my older mustang but like u said with gas the way it is that why i havnt put it on yet
Old 08-04-2006, 07:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

it looked like a creamsickle. ya need to rid the white rims.

i hate 5/0's too .

OH and xb's can be fast just depends how much you want to put into it.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:57 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
it looked like a creamsickle. ya need to rid the white rims.

i hate 5/0's too .

OH and xb's can be fast just depends how much you want to put into it.
lol hotbox05 u always make me laugh cause nothing u say makes no sence no matter how much you sink into a rolling box it will never be as fast as a v8 even if u could sepend 15 grand on a xb to make it fast by that price range i could have a aftermarket block board and stroked to 360CI with a turbo spiting out 18lb of boost and putting out well over 1000hp and in case u think im full of it its been done many times you may not like 5.0's but it dont really matter much cause in your case apinons are like @$$ holes every got one and they all stink i guess it comes down to i wanted people honest oppinion and thank you for yours but if u hate somthing keep it to your self i wanted to know what people thought about the color change thats all and to be honest i hated the orange to if u read u will see that and the white rims where powdercoated white and now that the color is diffrent i may powercoat it another color as i have a powdercoating system so thanks for let me know about that
Old 08-04-2006, 08:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

the creamsicle look wasnt bad the white rims are.

why did you post a mustang 5.0 on the 1st gen scion xB owners lounge part of the site?
I know I wouldn't go to a 5.0 mustangs and fast fords website and post up pics of my scion in the fox body owners lounge.

NEVER did i say you were full of it or that a V8 CAN'T be fast i just said that an xB CAN be fast

with gas as much as it is in hawaii I know i wouldn't buy a v8 as a driver .
Old 08-04-2006, 08:22 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

the creamsicle look wasnt bad the white rims are.

why did you post a mustang 5.0 on the 1st gen scion xB owners lounge part of the site?
I know I wouldn't go to a 5.0 mustangs and fast fords website and post up pics of my scion in the fox body owners lounge.

NEVER did i say you were full of it or that a V8 CAN'T be fast i just said that an xB CAN be fast

with gas as much as it is in hawaii I know i wouldn't buy a v8 as a driver .
i posted it here because the poeple i have come to learn to respect for there opinon are here and it seem logical at the time and no i dont think posting a scion on a ford site would do any good but ther people here seem to be pretty good at giveing insite to things.... i didnt mean that u said i was full of it i just ment that alot of people BS on this site i know u seen it too i just was trying to show that what i was saying wasnt somthing i heard but more somthing i seen and as far a gas goes well like iv said before on this post its our weekend car i guess u could call it the family project we all work on it even my 3 and 4 year old daughter take part in working on it wether cleaning or doing mainteance its bring us all together and when we work on the xb its kinda the same but we havnt done much to it and we are curently getting about 20mpg with more of it being highway and some city here on oahu we dont have a drag strip any more but im gonna be moving back to the big island so we will be going there pretty often... and me and the misses are both making enough that gas prices arnt really that big a deal with us
Old 08-04-2006, 10:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

yeah gas prices aren't a big thing to me either but going from 28-32 mpg down to teens would suck. didn't know it was a weekend car.

cool beans for u and yer project make it fast .
Old 08-04-2006, 06:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah gas prices aren't a big thing to me either but going from 28-32 mpg down to teens would suck. didn't know it was a weekend car.

cool beans for u and yer project make it fast .

belive me getting milage in the teens suck 90% of the time sorry if i seemed to ____y i looke3d back at what i wrote mabe i was defending the car to much i guess we all do that from time to time i mean hell we gotta protect out box from
SUV drivers all the time...thanks for the kind words it wont ever get that fast no till we replace the engine with a aftermarket block and a t56 sixspeed trans then we will push the HP envolope cause i never do anything to a car that would cut the engine life and the stock 5.0 block can saftly go 400hp and last a long time once we swap the block i hoping to double that but that willl come later
Old 08-04-2006, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

bump