Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

Leaked photos on upcoming Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 10:19 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Leaked photos on upcoming Camaro

Here are some pics of what seem or actually are the concept of the new Camaro As well as a CG model.

So what is all of your opinions on it does it look muscular or too angular? Do you think it is directly based off of any current GM car, some say it looks like the Cadillac XLR. Some say this isn't even the final version which they claimed they saw on TV and looks meaner. Is there any other thoughts?

And here is more pics from a forum which show what seem to be CAD models of the interior and suspention layout.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

grill is jacked everything else is okay its just the grill and headlights, i dunno i was kinda hoping they wouldn't jump on the retro bandwagon, but its kool looking i guess. to each there own
Old 01-10-2006, 12:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Links didn't work, is this it?

If it is, no wonder the General is going bankrupt! That is about the ugliest concept I have ever seen.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Can you say Ford Mustang!
Old 01-10-2006, 12:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jallamas
Without Chip Foose's help....
Old 01-10-2006, 12:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Revolt Imports
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

The car is 186.2 inches long and rides on a 110.5-inch wheelbase. The wheels are 21s at the front and 22s at the rear, shod with monster 275/30 front and 305/30 rear tires, which should be able to corral the 400 horses from the LS2 6.0-liter V-8 engine powering through a six-speed manual transmission. The show car has a cobbled together chassis with an all-independent suspension, but if it makes it into production, it will use the so-called Zeta Lite architecture that will be shared with Holden in Australia. The good news for GM is that the architecture--while hardly cutting edge--is far more sophisticated than the live-axle Mustang. Insiders say that a $20,000 base model production car could use an inexpensive V-8 (the LS2 would come in a costlier model), so a V-6 version would be offered only to make the car easier to insure. The real car would have smaller wheels, but the overall diameter of the tires wouldn't be much changed. GM vice-chairman and product czar Bob Lutz apparently loves it and joked on the show stand "all I have to do is persuade this man"--referring to GM CEO Rick Wagoner--"to pay for it."

At 400hp, I'd so rock one.
Looks like a cross between a new Vette and a new Mustang.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Hmm.. My girl will love this
Old 01-10-2006, 01:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Nicely done...but it's a GM.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by oldmanatee
Originally Posted by jallamas
Without Chip Foose's help....
I agree!
Old 01-10-2006, 02:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I enjoy it...
Old 01-10-2006, 04:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The fact is, it's a Chevy Camaro, it looks like the old classic, and that is what Americans want. I like it, and I think it's about time they brought back the camaro, Hopefully they'll make a T'top version.
It looks nothing like the Ford Mustang, and even if it did, they were direct contendors, and will be again.
Hopefully when Dodge brings out the Challenger they will scrap that stuid coupe version of the Magnum aka the Charger, Stupid looking car. The magnum on the other hand was a cool idea, and the Challenger looks like what the Charger should have been.
Now if Pontiac would get there heads in the game and give america a car they want. Screw the car that doesnt diserve the name GTO, and give us back the Trans AM! or at least make a real GTO. Sunfire, GTO, and G6 all F'n ___ cars.
The whole reason these American Makes are in the gutter is because they stopped giving america what they wanted and tried to make compacts and sport compacts. If they bring back all the classic muscle then we'll forgive them.

Oh, by the way these are not leaked photos. The car is official for 09 and was displayed this past month at multiple auto shows.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:30 PM
5 Year Member

Have you guys seen the Challenger that was at Detroit? That's so much better looking than the Camaro IMO.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how come there are no letters or numbers inside the car? Was this thing made on mars? Even marvin the marshon has acme english on his toys.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=3124

just came to post this an noticed there is a thread so here you go

man its sad it looks so ugly now

but i guess ppl like the look of the new mustand and cheavy wants in on it to since the gto doesnt sell well with the new designe (all though i like it even though it is a ausi car)
Old 01-10-2006, 04:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Revolt Imports
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by curtydc
The fact is, it's a Chevy Camaro, it looks like the old classic, and that is what Americans want. I like it, and I think it's about time they brought back the camaro, Hopefully they'll make a T'top version.
It looks nothing like the Ford Mustang, and even if it did, they were direct contendors, and will be again.
Hopefully when Dodge brings out the Challenger they will scrap that stuid coupe version of the Magnum aka the Charger, Stupid looking car. The magnum on the other hand was a cool idea, and the Challenger looks like what the Charger should have been.
Now if Pontiac would get there heads in the game and give america a car they want. Screw the car that doesnt diserve the name GTO, and give us back the Trans AM! or at least make a real GTO. Sunfire, GTO, and G6 all F'n ___ cars.
The whole reason these American Makes are in the gutter is because they stopped giving america what they wanted and tried to make compacts and sport compacts. If they bring back all the classic muscle then we'll forgive them.

Oh, by the way these are not leaked photos. The car is official for 09 and was displayed this past month at multiple auto shows.
I'm with you about the GTO. They are pretty bad ___ as I've had the chance to drive a few when I worked at Chevy, but the looks of them are horrible. I'm guessing that if all these old looking new vehicles come out than they are going to redisign it also. It is almost time for a new design, they've been out for a couple of years now.

The Dodge Challenger Concept.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...icial%26sa%3DN
http://www.autoblog.com/2005/07/20/d...oit-auto-show/
Old 01-10-2006, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i like the challenger it seems nice and the new stang isnt even that bad but this Camaro is just sad it looks like a hotwheel not a real car

and as far as the gto man i got to beat on them at the gm auto show in motion it was fun they were the ls2 gto's and when i get the cash for one ill bet one ...... one day lol
Old 01-10-2006, 06:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry about that it seems unless you go to the website you can't see the images and then I hyperlinked two but the problem with that is the text is light grey so it is hard to tell amongst the normal grey text.

Here are the actual links:
http://www.dslreports.com/speak/slid...IwMTYzNQ%3D%3D

And here is the CG model pics I hyperlinked as well as the ones from the other forum:

http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=599107

As well as a Road & Track video where the pics of the red Camaro came from:
mms://c9o.earthcache.net/woc-01.media.globix.net/COMP000787MOD1/roadandtrack/2006/0601_camaro_hi.wmv

Btw, its slated to be obviously RWD with a 6 speed manual and 400hp which is most likely coming from an LS2 engine. And I aslo heard that the new Camaro maybe slated to come out sometime this year since this would be the 40th anniversary for when it first came out, in 1967.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok i think i know what it is that i dont like

if they remove the grill with the cheavy emblem it would look awsome verry meen but at the moment the grill is what kills it

it makes it look like the srt-6 crossfire
Old 01-10-2006, 06:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It is squinting at each end....
Old 01-10-2006, 07:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by aarontrini85
ok i think i know what it is that i dont like

if they remove the grill with the cheavy emblem it would look awsome verry meen but at the moment the grill is what kills it

it makes it look like the srt-6 crossfire
Well that is something companies and indivisuals making aftermarket parts can fix. Even though I admit a black mesh grill with the classic Camaro emblem or some modern rendition of it would look awsome.

If anyone doesn't know how the classic Camaro logo looks here it is:

Quick Reply: Leaked photos on upcoming Camaro