Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

Mk5 VW Golf 4 door will be under $16,000 Watch Out Scion

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 01:19 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Thermalzeal
Thats idiotic. VW cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ more in maint.

Their prices and their cars are essentially useless and worthless.

our cars are useless and worthless? i didnt wanna say it but ur Scion will never equal to be anything like a Volkswagen, ya vw has problems, so does every other car company. my girlfriends tC has been in the shop 4 or 5 times. the moonroof whistles, the b pillar plastich wont stay clipped on, the seat stitching on the side of driver seat has come apart. so its not only VW with problems. i love all cars and dont like bashing other companies, just wat i think
Old 06-29-2006, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow, someone started this up again, excellent.

As far as my scion not "equaling a VW", I know it will be running in 10 years. I know from personal experience that is hard for a VW. When I see a routine number of VWs lasting over 200K miles like I see Toyotas, I will give them the proper respect.

I find it funny that euro car owners put up with the crap thier cars do. Is it because they like to feel like they are coddled by the european cars? Do they feel like they are superior to everyone because they bought a european car? Japanese cars must be bad because they are built in a region other than europe, right? Seems to me that VW has your game guys, they are already launching the "lowest ego emmissions" campaign with the Passat. They know that their customers come off as total ******, and maybe it isn't doing much for thier customers comming and buying one for the first time.

Give it a rest...
Old 06-30-2006, 08:31 PM
5 Year Member

alright Scion boy. u think wat u want. lets see if your scion lasts past 10 years of production. also, rearly do ppl keep their car past 100k miles these days.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'll wait for TopGear, WhatCar, 5thGear, Channel4 reviews on the Golf (US code: Rabbit). I like the 4-door (5-door hatch). I priced the 4-door w/Automatic and no options and it came to $18K+. It does have a lot of airbgas (side and thorax along with front). That 4yr/50K miles basic warranty is better than 3/36 although wear and tear items (what are those items) ends after 12mo/12K.

Power wise...150hp is more than enough. But WOW! 170 of torque@3750! I love torque. I'll wait on insurance ratings though. Kinda cramp vs. the xB. I'll check it out at the local VDub dealership.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BoostedGTi
alright Scion boy. u think wat u want. lets see if your scion lasts past 10 years of production. also, rearly do ppl keep their car past 100k miles these days.
When did I say 10 years of production? I said running for 10 years. Some people like to drive a car for a long time. It is more economical, and you don't have to make payments on a paid off car.

I have no doubt that my car will last 10 years, I know of two Toyotas that have been in my family that have lasted almost twice that long, one had no problems at all.

You VW guys can keep thinking what you want, I work on cars all the time. It is funny how I never work on Toyotas (other than routine maintenence), yet I work on lots of VWs...