Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

New Civic Si Mugen Edition

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 10:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by THE_DON
Originally Posted by tCtCtC
even honda can rice out their own cars....
Track tuned suspension
Forged wheels
Adjustable wing
Limited slip Diff
Catback exhaust
Tested at the Twin Ring Motegi racing circuit
Only 1,000 will ever be sold in the U.S.

Rice? I don't think so...

This is one nice Honda.

-THE DON
yeah thats nice and all, but the lip kit is just horrible. and why'd they use the 4 door??
Old 11-01-2007, 10:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

the lip isnt TOO bad ... it reminds me of the NEW nismo 350z lips
Old 11-01-2007, 10:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

I like it, but I'd rather see the hatchbacks again.
Weren't they also supposedly bringing the CRX
back in the near future? What ever happened to
that?
Old 11-02-2007, 03:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I remember hearing about the supposed return of the CRX too....guess that didn't happen....but i remember all the photoshops of what it could look like-- too bad it wasn't real

It would have been nice to see in 2 door too, but I like the 4 doors--
Old 11-02-2007, 04:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

yeah i thought they werer gonna do cr-z or somthing instead of x
Old 11-02-2007, 02:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would jump all over a CR-Z!

Yeah, a hatchback Civic would have been better, but as soon as people see the price they starting shouting names like "Evo" and "STi" (like this forum did). I guess they did a 4-door to keep it in line with those cars...

-THE DON
Old 11-02-2007, 02:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the 4dr has a more rigid body... and also tests better in handling.. plus the 4dr is more appealing to older folk who have 30k to spend because they migh have kids or crap they lug around...

4dr is also cheaper insurance haha..
Old 11-02-2007, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

lol on the cheaper insurance ;p
Old 11-02-2007, 05:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

4dr because coupe civics dont exist in japan, the o7-08 type R is a sedan, so is the jdm mugen RR, and as far as the coupe being faster its bs, they have the same stats, and the coupe is only bout 80 something pounds more.

this is definitely the best civic(in the US) so far, i hate people always dumping on what they wish they had, dammit its a nice a$$ car, so just admit it and get over it

if a 30k TRD limitted edition tc with all that included was to come out, people here wouldnt be hating.........
Old 11-02-2007, 05:55 PM
GEO
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

At First I was like with the price. However if you take a brand new TC, add Quality Namebrand wheels, tires, supercharger, suspension, exhaust, seats, lip kit, spoiler you are basically at this price. So to be honest the price is not all that bad. However for $30K I would pony up a little more and buy a new STI or Evo. I would even take a WRX with all the extras included over the honda.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude the new WRX are soooo fugly. ive seen one on the road, they are so slow. i beat one easily. it was stock though. i have 231whp
Old 11-05-2007, 09:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
MN Scions

30 grand for that. It is nice but seriously, 30k for civic? WTF?! Don't flame me but I would rather buy the Cobalt SS that is coming out. Sure it isn't mugen but it puts up some pretty nice numbers. It will spank that civic for about 7 grand less. http://www.autoblog.com/2007/10/28/o...-bows-at-sema/
Old 11-06-2007, 07:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by chicotunner07
4dr because coupe civics dont exist in japan, the o7-08 type R is a sedan, so is the jdm mugen RR, and as far as the coupe being faster its bs, they have the same stats, and the coupe is only bout 80 something pounds more.

this is definitely the best civic(in the US) so far, i hate people always dumping on what they wish they had, dammit its a nice a$$ car, so just admit it and get over it

if a 30k TRD limitted edition tc with all that included was to come out, people here wouldnt be hating.........
I second this statement. I remember when the spec tC came out, majority thought it was a good idea, but if honda did it to one of their cars "rice" would have been yelled. If there was a 30k TRD tC, there would be a party.

People need to get over the whole "i hate honda" thing. Yes, stupid 16 year olds rice them out, yes they don't have as much torque, yes 30k for this is a bit pricey but its worth it. You have to remember its all perspective, i bet sti owners, lotus owners (and etc) look at scion's as pure rice and pathetic. Sure, not all of them do but you get the general idea.

The only thing i wish Honda did was for $30k bump the power up a bit, 230-240hp would have been perfect.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ I concur

16 year olds rice out scions too..and some nissans...some fords.... honda is not the only car people rice out =/

and i still think 4door special edition mugen civic is niiiiiiiiiice
Old 11-07-2007, 08:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by IntegreS_350
^^ I concur

16 year olds rice out scions too..and some nissans...some fords.... honda is not the only car people rice out =/

and i still think 4door special edition mugen civic is niiiiiiiiiice
Well unfortunately, any car that can be had for under $15k usually becomes rice in the wrong hands..but what can you do.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:02 PM
AAG
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

You would have to keep that car garaged. That thing has steal me written all over it due to every regular civic owner going to want the seats, badges, wheels, suspension, spoiler, etc just like the the Integra Type R.

Nice car but too much $$$ for so little power IMO.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by AAG
You would have to keep that car garaged. That thing has steal me written all over it due to every regular civic owner going to want the seats, badges, wheels, suspension, spoiler, etc just like the the Integra Type R.

Mugen as well as the other tuning companies that center on honda has always focused more on handling vs. power, i agree though they should have bumped the power up a bit. But thats not what companies like Mugen focus on. They focus more on road courses/autocross environment vs. drag, which is one reason why i love them. Granted, the Mugen Si could use some more power for 30k, but if the car performs around the corners as it should, it makes up a bit for the "lack" of power if its able to maintain speed vs. braking.

Too many people into tuning now in days are so focused on hp and tq figures, yes generally speaking they can matter but there are quite a few exceptions to that rule. Also, because companies such as this do focus on handling, there is such thing as too much hp, especially on fwd cars. Which is why when you go to autocross events (or something similar) usually the higher powered fwd cars aren't the fastest in their class.

Just a thought.

I do like the fact they did the sedan vs. hatch, honestly i like the way the sedan Si looks better than the coupe. For some reason, when i look at the coupe it screams more what the accord should than a civic. I dont know why, i guess the rear has something to do with it.

As for stealing, its all realitive to where you live. And for 30k, chances are the owner isnt going to live in a place with high crime rates. I would recommend putting this in a garage anyway for the rarity of it. Car's like this that honda puts out usually holds the value exceptionally well in comparison to the lower trim models, for obvious reasons.

Love it or hate it, the car should prove to be brilliant and fun to drive.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by AAG

Hell, it's started already; this one didn't even make it off the dealer lot before it got raped: http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64641

As nice as these look, the only Civic worth $30k would be a Type-R like the new JDM CTR. Anything else and it's a rip. The Mugens are built in Canada and just have the Mugen parts slapped on. The only real attraction is that they are limited edition and Honda knows this. That's why the only way you can order the Mugen parts for them (wing, wheels, seats, etc.) is if you have the original part installed on the car, the dealer is doing the work, and they supply the vin to Honda when ordering. Otherwise, every joe-ricer out there would be sportin' a home-brew Mugen Si and the value would drop through the floor for the real Mugens. And, they don't even give you a badge or plate with the vehicle# (i.e.-#2 of 1000) letting you know it's limited. Kinda laaaame.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

For anybody auto-xing or tracking. This car will make extremly fast times. It's not rice.