Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

Nissan GT-R, it's official

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 03:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Not sure how I feel about it looks wise... looks too much like a futurized version of the 05 mustang to me...

I like some of the Nissans, but some of the issues they have and the way they treat them scares me away. For example, my father has ordered wiring diagrams for some of thier cars for use at his shop. These came directly from the factory and were so innacurate he had to keep calling just to check that they were for the correct vehicle. Whole harness were added or omitted in various parts of the car. It came to the point once (after Nissan argued that the doco was correct) that he had the customer take it to the dealer, who kept it for a month without fixing it.

Then there are the tire wear issues with the 350z that they were refusing to fix, saying there was no fix for them. So customers just had to deal with replacing tires in a few thousand miles or less. They also stated that the problem "did not exist" on the 06's, after numerous reports by customers of destroyed tires on them.

I used to like nissan to an extent, but these types of issues scare me away for now.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

the skyline is not illegal in the US. they just dont send any here. you have to import them yourself.

But that's damn sexy. only thing i dont like is the front "grille".
Old 10-19-2005, 03:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The previous editions of the GTR were Skylines, hence the Skyline GTR name. For this edition, Nissan decide to separate the Skyline and GTR. The GTR will be its own model and will be sold around the globe, including the US.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow, I like it...

-THE DON
Old 10-19-2005, 07:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how come I got to that site, and I still see the same flash page from before the count down expired?

Even Nissan's japan page for Tokyo show 05 points pack to the gtrproto page.

Are theyre any real images besides the one I see above?
Old 10-19-2005, 07:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.infinitigtrforums.com/gal...ndex.php?cat=3
Old 10-20-2005, 01:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 10-20-2005, 01:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

That car is HAAAAAAAAAAAWT!!!
Old 10-20-2005, 04:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by TrafficinLA
The previous editions of the GTR were Skylines, hence the Skyline GTR name. For this edition, Nissan decide to separate the Skyline and GTR. The GTR will be its own model and will be sold around the globe, including the US.
Close, but no. The GT-R is a TYPE of Skyline, but not all Skylines are GT-R's. So in otherwords, Skylines and GT-R's are NOT synonymous. But for the new year, they've decided to add more significant body enhancements (not that there weren't any previously) between the base Skylines and the GT-R's. It's a good move, as it further distinguishes the model grades and justifies the price difference.

Here's some more info on the previous generation Skylines and the available models, such as the GTS, GTS-t, GTS-S, GT-R, and GT-R V spec.
http://www.turboclub.com/makes/nis/nisskymo.htm

BTW, the FAMOUS GT-R that everyone gawks over is not the plain jane GT-R (not that it sucks or anything, it still awesome). The famous model is the GT-R V spec. A base Sentra is a POS. It's the Sentra SE-R Spec V that is cool. Yeah, it's alphabet soup, but facts are facts.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:14 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by djct_watt
Close, but no. The GT-R is a TYPE of Skyline, but not all Skylines are GT-R's. So in otherwords, Skylines and GT-R's are NOT synonymous. But for the new year, they've decided to add more significant body enhancements (not that there weren't any previously) between the base Skylines and the GT-R's. It's a good move, as it further distinguishes the model grades and justifies the price difference.

Here's some more info on the previous generation Skylines and the available models, such as the GTS, GTS-t, GTS-S, GT-R, and GT-R V spec.

BTW, the FAMOUS GT-R that everyone gawks over is not the plain jane GT-R (not that it sucks or anything, it still awesome). The famous model is the GT-R V spec. A base Sentra is a POS. It's the Sentra SE-R Spec V that is cool. Yeah, it's alphabet soup, but facts are facts.
don't forget the m and z-tune
Old 10-20-2005, 07:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

I count the Z tune as a specialty model, since it was never really a full production car, but rather a limited vehicle by Nismo.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ummmm actually he is exactly right. He never said that all skylines were GT-R's or that both names were synonymous. Furthermore, they are not making body enhancements, they are making a completely different model separate from a production car (in this case G35/Skyline 350 gt) unlike the previous models which were homologation race car versions of a regular sedan.

ohh......you also forgot to mention the V-spec II models and the M-spec, and the reason the sentra's nomenclature is Spec V and not V-spec is because company officials in japan refused to have a sentra utilise the same name as the skyline, though nissan USA wanted too for obvious marketing reasons (vehicles world apart, a sentra can never compare with the engineering marvel that is a GT-R skyline ).

willing to bet also that the majority of people that gawk at skylines cant tell the difference between a "plain-jane" GT-R and the V-spec models
Old 10-20-2005, 10:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How is it official? The URL has "proto" in it. I think this is a prototype.
Old 10-21-2005, 05:06 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I count the Z tune as a specialty model, since it was never really a full production car, but rather a limited vehicle by Nismo.
actually, yeah, i agree with you. so i retract the previous statement.

btw, for those that didn't know, heres a nutshell: there are only 20 of these babies probaby garaged somewhere in various parts of the world (i think one in the U.S. maybe). it wasn't anything near a full production car since it wasn't even in production at all (technically speaking). in a nutshell, 20 skyline gtr spec V/IIs were bought back by nismo USED, reverse-engineered, built-up with jgtc-spec internals, and tuned to a crazy-and-barely-legal level. i'm not even going to try and remember the ridiculous horsepower and torque figures on this one (900? yay? nay?)... all this to celebrate jgtc wins the skyline GTR had made in japan, and to celebrate the skyline GTR (r34 model) itself- while the current skyline (g35) was already in production.

(please correct me if i'm wrong)
Old 10-21-2005, 05:10 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JustAnotherAsian
actually, yeah, i agree with you. so i retract the previous statement.

btw, for those that didn't know, heres a nutshell: there are only 20 of these babies probaby garaged somewhere in various parts of the world (i think one in the U.S. maybe). it wasn't anything near a full production car since it wasn't even in production at all (technically speaking). in a nutshell, 20 skyline gtr V-spec IIs were bought back by nismo USED, reverse-engineered, built-up with jgtc-spec internals, and tuned to a crazy-and-barely-legal level. i'm not even going to try and remember the ridiculous horsepower and torque figures on this one (900? yay? nay?)... all this to celebrate jgtc wins the skyline GTR had made in japan, and to celebrate the skyline GTR (r34 model) itself- while the current skyline (g35) was already in production.

(please correct me if i'm wrong)
Old 10-22-2005, 05:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nissan Skyline R34 Ztune
yes, they were re-bought Skyline V-Spec II's, built with JGTC derived engine internal parts, new turbos, engine bored out to 2.8 litres,$20,000 Ohlins suspension various internal mods (alcantera seats etc.), carbon fibre body panels brembo brakes and the like

500+ HP, 500+ ft/lbs of torque......... 0-60 in 3 seconds and change, 1/4 mile in 10 seconds plus
Old 10-22-2005, 05:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

liked the older Gt-R better.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

MMM.... Skyline, so sexy
Old 10-22-2005, 05:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thier is also a 4 door version of the last GT-r
Old 10-22-2005, 06:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ummm. no there isn't

Quick Reply: Nissan GT-R, it's official