Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...
View Poll Results: Whats going on?
What?
5.26%
Who?
5.26%
Why?
15.79%
You @$$ hole
21.05%
Um ok?
47.37%
Why not a tC?
5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

o_O Whats this?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 02:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by chucksu
Originally Posted by couper2
*cough* matrix xrs *cough*
MSRP: $19,100 + ~$400 dealer fee + 6% tax + other florida fees = ~$20,700. Thats about $4k out of my price range. Also from reviews, the Base modle & XR are a better daily drivers. In the reviews its not a bad car, unless your in bumper to bumper where the low end torque, 6spd & clutch engagement can tire you out . Also the whole need of premium gas is a turn off.
good points. I love shift'n my Celie but it sometimes does get wearysome. but just sometimes, most of the time its fun.

ok, how bout the base Matrix then? 126 hp, 122 tq (20 more hp & tq than the xB) - $15,110
or how bout a Mazda5? $17,995 - 157 hp
or a Mazda3 5 door? $17,930 - 160-hp
Impreza 2.5i Wagon? $18,295 - 173-hp
Old 12-23-2005, 03:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

*cough* matrix xrs *cough*
MSRP: $19,100 + ~$400 dealer fee + 6% tax + other florida fees = ~$20,700. Thats about $4k out of my price range. Also from reviews, the Base modle & XR are a better daily drivers. In the reviews its not a bad car, unless your in bumper to bumper where the low end torque, 6spd & clutch engagement can tire you out . Also the whole need of premium gas is a turn off.
good points. I love shift'n my Celie but it sometimes does get wearysome. but just sometimes, most of the time its fun.

ok, how bout the base Matrix then? 126 hp, 122 tq (20 more hp & tq than the xB) - $15,110
or how bout a Mazda5? $17,995 - 157 hp
or a Mazda3 5 door? $17,930 - 160-hp
Impreza 2.5i Wagon? $18,295 - 173-hp
Right at ~$16,000 is about whats in my price range. So just the MSRP on the last 3 is to much. With my rear seats folded down I have more cargo space then a Matrix. Also the MSRP of $15,110 does not include the $635 freight charge. So total price would be $15,745 + dealer fees + 6% tac + misc fees = ~$17,000. So even the base Matrix would have been to much. Also I have ABS & MP3 on my radio, both cant be found on the base Matrix. Also P/W, P/D & RKE. Yes the Base Matrix has 20 more HP but also has about 341lbs more body fat. So the power to weight is 21.87 while the xB has 23.44. Currently my car stock is rated with about 17.4 Also the 152tq I have makes for much less need to shift to gain speed.

So when one looks at my price limits, the fact that I want brand new & need a lot of cargo area + something that has good powe, I found it. Even the Forenza wagon is listed with about 2 less cu.ft of storage space.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice cars and they actually have some *****, unlike the xB and xA. AWD is a nice plus too. Well done.
Old 12-23-2005, 07:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Racing? Stomp me? Who cares? The prize for first place is???

Who needs to face reality?
Old 12-23-2005, 07:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

that thing is awd??
Old 12-23-2005, 07:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

that particular one isnt but they do make ones that are
Old 12-23-2005, 07:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by Biznox
Originally Posted by hotbox05
too bad it's a zuki instead of a toyota.
resale is crap. and yeah. cheaper car overall. if u mod the xa/xb it will own many aerio.
Resale is crap, that's true. Quality is probably about equal, reliabilty a bit less.

You're dead wrong about owning many Aerios though. Despite the fantasies of people on this site the xB/xA's have extremely limited performance potential. You're working with 1.5 liters dude. $2000 worth of CAI, fart pipe exhaust and headers later and Aerio is still going to stomp the sh*t out of you.

Unless you fit a supercharger or turbo, which is sure to kill your poor little 1.5 within 60-75,000 miles TOPS, then you have no chance of beating 80-90% of the cars on the road in any type of race. You people need to face reality. These cars are great, but their performance potential is ZERO and always will be.
allright man. well when i'm beating many a car FASTER than an aerio yeah sure the crappy aerio will beat me.

and those performance parts you listed will only cost 2,000 if you're a retard and pay out he anus for CRAP.

i have about 1200 in performance parts. maybe 1500. i have custom cat back , intake , header , iridiums , lightweight pulley , as well as a few others. and i own celica's and base model rsx's daily. and a properly tuned f/i system will last a lot longer than 60-75k.

a blitz or power enterprises s/c should last at least 100k.

too bad i'm in cali. keep talking crap. but until you've sat in one and raced cars you don't know what it can beat
Old 12-23-2005, 07:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

uh, any f/i set up is just as dependable as n/a so long as you build and tune it correctly.

The 1nz might be limited in numbers, but it can handle its own in autocross. I've beat numerous more powerful cars in autox. even straight 1/4, 130-140whp on a xb can do some serious damage.

Cya
Old 12-23-2005, 10:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Ok, everyone go to a neutral corner... hehehe

I'm just sayin' it's not always a race and as my 2 tickets this summer prove, sometimes it would be better to be #2 anyway.

The decision doesn't make sense to me, but it must to chucksu so let's let him enjoy the new ride. Keeping the xB if it didn't work for him would make less sense I guess.

BTW, You do know that this makes you one of the "So Many"...

Old 12-23-2005, 10:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheScionicMan
Ok, everyone go to a neutral corner... hehehe

I'm just sayin' it's not always a race and as my 2 tickets this summer prove, sometimes it would be better to be #2 anyway.

The decision doesn't make sense to me, but it must to chucksu so let's let him enjoy the new ride. Keeping the xB if it didn't work for him would make less sense I guess.

BTW, You do know that this makes you one of the "So Many"...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../billboard.jpg
I think the "So Many" part is more about looks. I had no problem with looks. I just needed something that could haul more crap, still seat at least 4ppl & manage better gas milage then 20 ie: very few compact trucks in the 16k price range. As for taking some heat for this, it is after all a scion forum where I posted this.

Originally Posted by hotbox05
allright man. well when i'm beating many a car FASTER than an aerio yeah sure the crappy aerio will beat me.
and those performance parts you listed will only cost 2,000 if you're a retard and pay out he anus for CRAP.
i have about 1200 in performance parts. maybe 1500. i have custom cat back , intake , header , iridiums , lightweight pulley , as well as a few others. and i own celica's and base model rsx's daily. and a properly tuned f/i system will last a lot longer than 60-75k.
a blitz or power enterprises s/c should last at least 100k.
too bad i'm in cali. keep talking crap. but until you've sat in one and raced cars you don't know what it can beat
I give you a Only some basic questions. What are these cars you beat? Sticks or autos? Performance mods? High school kid or seasoned vet? The got 100+lbs worth of radio stuff or gutted for true speed? Big fat chrome wheels & thousands of stickers, or a flat black paint job with 15" light weight wheels? Moving from dead stops, booth of you know your racing? Maybe a roll on from 30mph or something? Done on the streets or at the track? They have traction issues? If done on the street, what speeds do you go up to, them? What RPMs you shift at? How much you weigh? About how much do they weigh? Oh so many factores that may change the out come of a race.

I was able to take on 4 Banger Eclipese of the last generation style. Why? There power to weight was about the same as mine. You would need about 135hp to match a power to weight ratio that the Aerio has. Now with the such short gearing you would have a aerio off the line & probably up until 3rd where the aerio would still be in second for 10mph more. Now I know power to weight aint everything if you dont have the gearing to match. So I could see taking on some cars that are out of your class per say.

Something else to look at for the whole not enough power. How do you drive on a day to day bases? Shift at 2.5k? 3k? 3.5k? 4k maybe? I tend to shift at 2-2.5. This is the area where the gearing of the xB sucked. 4th gear to keep the revs around 2k @ 25mph As for taking the car up to red line? Im not a big fan of that + in first gear I would get wheel spin near the top ie 6000rpm. I had a guy with a beater D15 powered civic sedan drive my car one time. He drove it harder then I do & beats the crap out of his honda. What did he say? It was slower then his civic & his civic his burnt piston rings

So to rap it up. I give you a for being able to do what I was unable to with the xB. I must say though I like the lower seating & more usable cargo space I now have. Just need to get some better tires
Old 12-23-2005, 11:00 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC

SL Member

wtf?
Old 12-23-2005, 11:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

I give you a Only some basic questions. What are these cars you beat? Sticks or autos? Performance mods? High school kid or seasoned vet? The got 100+lbs worth of radio stuff or gutted for true speed? Big fat chrome wheels & thousands of stickers, or a flat black paint job with 15" light weight wheels? Moving from dead stops, booth of you know your racing? Maybe a roll on from 30mph or something? Done on the streets or at the track? They have traction issues? If done on the street, what speeds do you go up to, them? What RPMs you shift at? How much you weigh? About how much do they weigh? Oh so many factores that may change the out come of a race.
you are getting SOOOO particular. lol

celica 7th gen.
gt auto , trd header , trd intake , trd catback. 100 pounds of stereo. he weighs like 100 pounds , 16's probably standard weight not heavy not light.

i beat him 7 times. 4 runs were from dead stops 3 were from rolls. he runs 16.0/16.1 consistently.
he didnt have traction issues and if he did sucks for him. what speed would we go up to? maybe 60-90 depending.

yes both of us knew we were racing. HE CALLED me out.

his car starts with 32 more hp. and only like 130 more lbs.

acura rsx

base , auto , intake , no cat , header , exhaust. racing seat harnesses. he weighs about 200

we raced three times. two rolls one at like 25 one at like 40.

once from a dead stop. he started to beat me on the 40mph roll but i won the two other times.
again he called me out
he actually can race. or so his g35 skills and 240 skills have shown. maybe not used to an rsx?
stock wheels only about 30 pounds worth of stereo.

theres SOOOO many more i can list. but these stick out since i had raced them multiple times.

i can beat stock auto tc's. sometimes beat modded auto tc's . can hang with stock 5spd tc's.

what rpm's do i shift at? normal day to day between 3k and 5k

racing 5k-6.2k
i weigh about 170-180

my problem now with the weapon-r damper and a few otehr mods are traction. as well as my clutch. oh well wheels with sticky rubber and a nice street clutch will cure all.

both of these were before i had the lightweigh pulley and weapon r damper. so i was slower at that point and time.
Old 12-24-2005, 06:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea, I was wondering if they did indeed sell manual FWD versions of the Aerio SX, I only saw info on that on one site so thanks for clarifying.

Well, good luck with your Suzuki endeavor even though there is not much of an aftermarket I read an article on how someone got up to 161hp on upgrading the intake alone. I would like to recommend you a forum to go to, but the only Aerio forum I knew doesn't exist anymore, oh well good luch and happy driving anyway. Will you still be looking and perhaps even posting on these forums?
Old 12-24-2005, 08:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Aerio is alright, AWD is the way to go though.

Cya
Old 12-25-2005, 02:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ReverseGTR
Yea, I was wondering if they did indeed sell manual FWD versions of the Aerio SX, I only saw info on that on one site so thanks for clarifying.

Well, good luck with your Suzuki endeavor even though there is not much of an aftermarket I read an article on how someone got up to 161hp on upgrading the intake alone. I would like to recommend you a forum to go to, but the only Aerio forum I knew doesn't exist anymore, oh well good luch and happy driving anyway. Will you still be looking and perhaps even posting on these forums?
Would that site happen to have been Suzuki Aerio Forum? If so Im a meber to the evolotion to that. Some of the older members came from SAF & built this one. Yes I will still be around. This is a great place, many good things to read & depending on what the future of scion is, I just might end up buying another one

I wish I could use the older 02-04 parts, but most I cant. The CAI & Short rams dont work for the 05+. Why? They had to go & add a stupid MAF, so I would need to have a hole made & mounting base for the maf to work. I could see 161hp @ the crank. I have 155 rated so 6hp from a intake is not far off. On a engine this size & looking at the stock intake path, there is a good deal of work that could be done to make it great.

Also to hotbox. I see some good stats. Now have you been able to race the 5spd counter parts to those cars with the same mods & still win? With a slush box, it kills those types of cars power. They probably jump you off the line for the first 10-20ft then you start to pull on them.
Old 12-25-2005, 03:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by ReverseGTR

Would that site happen to have been Suzuki Aerio Forum? If so Im a meber to the evolotion to that. Some of the older members came from SAF & built this one. Yes I will still be around. This is a great place, many good things to read & depending on what the future of scion is, I just might end up buying another one

I wish I could use the older 02-04 parts, but most I cant. The CAI & Short rams dont work for the 05+. Why? They had to go & add a stupid MAF, so I would need to have a hole made & mounting base for the maf to work. I could see 161hp @ the crank. I have 155 rated so 6hp from a intake is not far off. On a engine this size & looking at the stock intake path, there is a good deal of work that could be done to make it great.

Also to hotbox. I see some good stats. Now have you been able to race the 5spd counter parts to those cars with the same mods & still win? With a slush box, it kills those types of cars power. They probably jump you off the line for the first 10-20ft then you start to pull on them.
nah i killed em off the line as well.

yes i've raced the 5speed counterparts. mostly i lose sometimes i win but if an idiot with a slushbox want's to race and lose i'll take him up on that.

either way they have more power than i do. and don't weigh that much more.
Old 12-25-2005, 05:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

only the auto has the AWD option, i looked into the car awhile back it is a good car best power for its price and 4 diff ways of bringing down the price as much as 1000 dollars i think me getting out of college i could get that car for about 15,000 good deal im happy for u keep me posted on that car i like it too 5 mpg less ohwell more power hell yes! CONGRATS
Old 12-26-2005, 01:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by p2filz
only the auto has the AWD option, i looked into the car awhile back it is a good car best power for its price and 4 diff ways of bringing down the price as much as 1000 dollars i think me getting out of college i could get that car for about 15,000 good deal im happy for u keep me posted on that car i like it too 5 mpg less ohwell more power hell yes! CONGRATS
After my first tank of gas, I have only taken a 3mpg drop from my average with my box. As for $15k.. How do you see that? I got out the door with $16,1xx & that was with a 1,xxx carry over from the box So if I had bought it brand new with no trade in, it would have been about $15k flat. I had the $750 cash back + $500 military discount. If your getting out of college, you could get the $500 back for that, so the same $1,250 I did. Also would you go for the wagon or sedan? The premium or the base? 5spd or auto? All things that could change the price. Also dealer fees & misc fees could be cheaper in your area. $15k out the door would be a good starting point & you probably could talk them down some even.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

OK, enough of the ____ing match. Just drop it already. This thread was supposed to be about Chucksu's new ride, not who's got the bigger dictionary.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And with that I think I'm heading out of this thread.

Chuck, good luck with the Aerio.

Quick Reply: o_O Whats this?