Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...
View Poll Results: Whats going on?
What?
5.26%
Who?
5.26%
Why?
15.79%
You @$$ hole
21.05%
Um ok?
47.37%
Why not a tC?
5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

o_O Whats this?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 05:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
Originally Posted by Biznox
I'm not talking about luxury suspension.

Dude. The Geo Metro sold 10 years ago has an independent rear suspension.

It's not luxury, it's just not technology that was invented when our grandparents were in diapers (literally)

It's not about having a plush luxury ride either, it's about better handling all-around. It matters for both ride comfort and performance. You lose both by having a torsion beam.
yeah and the xb handles a billion times better than a metro....

have you driven any other sub 15k cars lately? they suck. the xB handles quite well. inferior design or not.
I'd say my 6 wins of 8 runs last season with autox says the xb does great with the a well designed suspension set up, regardless of the torsion beam. Not to mention, i've beat several higher classed cars on the track with overall times, not to mention on the street going through twisty roads it holds its own very well. And this is coming from a previous gsr (fully built) owner. Of course, that probably won't mean that much to you but the car handles insanely well for what it is. It can out handle a number of cars that other cars within the price range could never do, including your common arguement of the geo metro. The metro, regardless of independent rear suspension handles and handled like absolute crap. Independent rear suspension doesn't automatically claim victory over torsion.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
I'm not talking about luxury suspension.

Dude. The Geo Metro sold 10 years ago has an independent rear suspension.

It's not luxury, it's just not technology that was invented when our grandparents were in diapers (literally)

It's not about having a plush luxury ride either, it's about better handling all-around. It matters for both ride comfort and performance. You lose both by having a torsion beam.
yeah and the xb handles a billion times better than a metro....

have you driven any other sub 15k cars lately? they suck. the xB handles quite well. inferior design or not.
It does handle well, I agree. It's not that hard to fit stiffer springs to something to improve the handling. It's no amazing accomplishment or anything you couldn't do to any other car.

Don't get me wrong, I like the xB. I bought one dude. I'm just not delusional enough to think it is some amazing "sportswagon" like some people. It's a cheap little commuter car with a high roof and stiff coils from the factory. Period. Nothing wrong with that, it's just what I needed, really.

It's amazing, you throw some Gen Y styling on an Echo and a slick marketing campaign and people think you've re-invented the wheel.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:40 AM
5 Year Member

i think its cool. looks nice

and awd, not to bad ;)
Old 01-07-2006, 02:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So this went from people saying they like/dislike my new ride to what rear end is better? Man some people have way to much time on there hands As for the whole "more flat" cargo area. Both the xB & Aerio use a under floor storage design. So you dont truly get to see how flat the floor is until you take that crap out. My rear floor would be fully flat if it was not for having a dip in it for the spare tire. Now the xB is lucky, because in japan it does not have a spare tire. So it does not have this dip by design. I would say what would make the Aerio handle better, is if the car was about 4-6" wider. It seems a little on the small width size for its shape.
Old 01-07-2006, 08:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like your new car. Get some slightly wider rims and some wide, low profile tires and you're all set. Have fun beating all the xB's off the line.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like your new car. Get some slightly wider rims and some wide, low profile tires and you're all set. Have fun beating all the xB's off the line.
Thanks. Not sure if off the line will be easy. Got to find that magic launch number. 2.2k rpm and I spin the wheels on a take off. Also my gearin is a litle wider. So until I get up in the rpm range, the xB would be a head. About the time the xB takes 2nd, I can still be in first. Take 2nd probably 1sec later, then ride 2nd out to 62mph while the xB needs to take 3rd to reach 60.

Im thinking of a nice set of 16x7 with a 205/45R16 tire. 205 is about as wide a tire I can get with out rubbing problems & a 7" rim is as wide as you can go. Maybe 8" if you have a exact back spacing number.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by chucksu
Thanks. Not sure if off the line will be easy. Got to find that magic launch number. 2.2k rpm and I spin the wheels on a take off. Also my gearin is a litle wider. So until I get up in the rpm range, the xB would be a head. About the time the xB takes 2nd, I can still be in first. Take 2nd probably 1sec later, then ride 2nd out to 62mph while the xB needs to take 3rd to reach 60.

Im thinking of a nice set of 16x7 with a 205/45R16 tire. 205 is about as wide a tire I can get with out rubbing problems & a 7" rim is as wide as you can go. Maybe 8" if you have a exact back spacing number.
You could always rock out 215's with some camber as well. That would look pretty hot with coilovers.
Old 01-14-2006, 07:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by killerxromances
Originally Posted by chucksu

You could always rock out 215's with some camber as well. That would look pretty hot with coilovers.
Only 1 company makes Coil overs for about $1,500. As for camber, custom made & no longer being made. 215 would cause rubbing even at stock height. The wheel wells of this car are not made for a wide tire it seems.