Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

project car

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 06:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Most likely, but it wouldn't look natural.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:27 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

convert the 300??? no... its a totally different car
Old 09-28-2006, 06:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Well, with the shape of the front, you can probably just put the s13 lights on there, but like I said, that would just make it look really ugly.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you want to import a S15

about 4,500USD each USED with ~50,000km/~31,250miles
you will need 5
2 for crashing to prove to DMV
1 to disassemble and explain to DMV it's similarities with 240sx
1 for crap happens if DMV wants to frack another one up
1 for yourself
Old 09-28-2006, 10:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

um no ill pass ill just convert it after. itll be fun that way i always love a new challenge and it feels like ive done everything so its time to get knee deep into a new area. im proably going to end up cuttin off the front end completly and geting one sent here from japan well see.... itll be about 3 months ill start a new post on this fourm with pics as soon as i start the converison to keep you guys all informed on my..... fun.....
Old 09-28-2006, 10:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

240sx w/ a rb20..guy put one in....and then a older 240sx w/ a covette engine :D seen it first hand at NOPI this yr
Old 09-29-2006, 02:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

U know you get mad at us domestic guys without knowing the slightest about us. You say V8s take forever to rev. Have you never driven an LS1, dubbed one of the greatest V8s every built. It revs to 6K stock and makes immense power up top.
Wait Im going to stop for a second and ask a question, doesnt a stock tC only rev to like 6K and 6300 rpms?
And not all domestic american muscle cars are built to only run at the strip. My car is a domestic muscle car and Im building it to be an auto and road course car that I can still run at the track and lay down some 11s second passes.
And about all of us domestic muscle guys driving V8s because we have small penises is funny because I drive one because I like to have a quick, cheap car that I can easily modify and make great power extremely reliable, but if being like that means I have a small ***** so be it. I just dont like being SLOW really.
You want to know why us Domestic guys hate most ricers like you, it is just what is being typed in this thread.
A bunch of close minded kids saying oh all muscle car guys have small weiners. hahah your so damn retarded, I think your just tired of being beat.
Oh I was going to come in here and leave some unbiased opinions on whatever cars had been listed and through a few more into the mix but since your gonna act like a lil immature douche Im just gonna laugh at all of the ignorance in the thread and go drive my car.
Old 09-29-2006, 03:16 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Enthusiast
U know you get mad at us domestic guys without knowing the slightest about us. You say V8s take forever to rev. Have you never driven an LS1, dubbed one of the greatest V8s every built. It revs to 6K stock and makes immense power up top.
Wait Im going to stop for a second and ask a question, doesnt a stock tC only rev to like 6K and 6300 rpms?
And not all domestic american muscle cars are built to only run at the strip. My car is a domestic muscle car and Im building it to be an auto and road course car that I can still run at the track and lay down some 11s second passes.
And about all of us domestic muscle guys driving V8s because we have small penises is funny because I drive one because I like to have a quick, cheap car that I can easily modify and make great power extremely reliable, but if being like that means I have a small ***** so be it. I just dont like being SLOW really.
You want to know why us Domestic guys hate most ricers like you, it is just what is being typed in this thread.
A bunch of close minded kids saying oh all muscle car guys have small weiners. hahah your so damn retarded, I think your just tired of being beat.
Oh I was going to come in here and leave some unbiased opinions on whatever cars had been listed and through a few more into the mix but since your gonna act like a lil immature douche Im just gonna laugh at all of the ignorance in the thread and go drive my car.
I will have to back you up on this. I do have A LOT of friends that are into imports, and we joke and poke fun at eachothers cars, but we both respect what can be done to them. My little 3.8 supercharged V6 is built to rev to 7.5K, and I do it every day I can, and this is a pushrod V6, so don't tell me they can't rev.

And my domestic V6 has NEVER lost yet to another car, be it a ZO6, RT10, STI, TT Supra. I know there are faster cars out there, but I haven't met them on the road yet.

Someone said that displacement is not a big deal, more dispalcement will ALWAYS make more power, there is no doubt about that.

I am not against imports at all, infact, I am on this forum because I LOVE the XA, and am going to be purchasing one very soon. But please get your facts straight.
Old 09-29-2006, 04:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dont tink im retarted ive only had domestics my whole life at the age of 8 me and my grandfather started a restore on a 54 chevy belair. than we built up a barracuda when i was 11. at 13 we build a mustang. when i got my first car it was a 95 taurus we supercharged it and rebuilt the engine and trany. that was a fast car yes, but my friend is telling me that imports are ____ and that his mussle is far superior.... common its a 302 mustang that has 325 at the crank. and straight pipes. that sounds like a mojor case of over compensation to me and he races everything he can find. yes i do respect mussle cars. but most of the drivers in oregon are just like him, which is why i left the mussle car thing. everyone was _______s, so it left me bitter towards musslecar guys. so dont tink im being personal towards your and your ride. i really respect what mussle cars can do, but you guys also have to realise that imports are just as capable if not more so. tehy come with newer better technolgy and make it just as easy to get high HP # as it is on a v8. you just have to work with computers not aginst them with standard bolt ons.
so what have we learned. im not a total dick, wow omg no way! i just hate alot of the people here that are into that, was that wrong of me to genearlise,yes but there it is so if i offended my bad im sorry.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yay!!! im glad there are domestic fans!!! the last time i talked about mine on another thread they like wanted to kill me.... just cuz i had a mustang.. its just too bad that alot of domestic cars can beat all of these little rice burners like they were standing still*sarcastic* ...lol
Old 09-29-2006, 05:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats what im talkin about you tnk that by beating a civic wiht an intake and muffler means all imports are like that. thats plain stilly. i bet after puttin 5 grand into a 240sx ill slap your mustang silly. and im willing to put my money where my mouth is if you want to
Old 09-29-2006, 05:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by george_da_2nd
thats what im talkin about you tnk that by beating a civic wiht an intake and muffler means all imports are like that. thats plain stilly. i bet after puttin 5 grand into a 240sx ill slap your mustang silly. and im willing to put my money where my mouth is if you want to
I am not trying to be a smart @ss, but what kind of numbers would you run with that car? HP, 1/4mile times, ect...

Oh yeah, and stock mustangs arn't fast FYI
Old 09-29-2006, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

I have a 1973 Datsun 240z and did a complete rebuild with the inline six 2.4 n/a. This car will run 0-60 in 6 sec and 1/4 in about 15sec at close to 100mph. This is a light car about like the newer 240sx's and it has NO performance parts whatsoever. So if you were to put 5g in the motor of a 240sx, it would be very quick. I would love to put a sr26dett in the Datson, but being a college student, I don't have time. If you were to put a sr20det or even rebuild the 2.4 and turbo it, your mustang friend wouldn't have a chance.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ya no joke my SC taurus would take down the older gt's allright so #\
1/4- my starting point im aiming for 12 seconds but thats at stage 0 after another grand or so i should be low 11 high 10's dependin on track conditions exe.
hp. at stage 0 alot of people on the 240sx fourms are hittin 300 at the wheeles! so thats my goal there after stage one 380's ive heard isant uncommon but the turbo wont start bostin until aroudn 2500 raps. after that the sky is the limmit stage 3 yeilds in the 500's but im not going to go that crazy untill after ive frankenstined it. im also going to strip out the inside no door panels, back seat exe. but my friend is doing th esame so im only doing it to keep my car as even as his so he wont be able to say ____ either way.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tn_05_camo_xb
I have a 1973 Datsun 240z and did a complete rebuild with the inline six 2.4 n/a. This car will run 0-60 in 6 sec and 1/4 in about 15sec at close to 100mph. This is a light car about like the newer 240sx's and it has NO performance parts whatsoever. So if you were to put 5g in the motor of a 240sx, it would be very quick. I would love to put a sr26dett in the Datson, but being a college student, I don't have time. If you were to put a sr20det or even rebuild the 2.4 and turbo it, your mustang friend wouldn't have a chance.
Thats pretty quick for a stock car, but I love those old Z's the styling is awsome.

Please forgive my ignorance, but I HAVE ABSOLUTLY NO IDEA what any of those engines are. Thats one thing I DO like about domestic cars, the engine names are MUCH shorter, LS1, LT1, L67, LQ1, ect.

You think that combo you just said would run sub 12's in the 1/4?
Old 09-29-2006, 05:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats what im hearin on all the 240 fourms. what i like about imports is how easy the are to tune and set AF retios and maps. and timing exe you plug in your laptop and away you go there is no misture needles to set no distrubutor to deal with its al linterinal click a few things and ytour ready to dyno. and i like the fact that with the small engines they are sleepers they are super loud at idle. thats what catches most mussle car guys off guard they asume its just another civic. makes its alot funner at the strip.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by george_da_2nd
ya no joke my SC taurus would take down the older gt's allright so #\
1/4- my starting point im aiming for 12 seconds but thats at stage 0 after another grand or so i should be low 11 high 10's dependin on track conditions exe.
hp. at stage 0 alot of people on the 240sx fourms are hittin 300 at the wheeles! so thats my goal there after stage one 380's ive heard isant uncommon but the turbo wont start bostin until aroudn 2500 raps. after that the sky is the limmit stage 3 yeilds in the 500's but im not going to go that crazy untill after ive frankenstined it. im also going to strip out the inside no door panels, back seat exe. but my friend is doing th esame so im only doing it to keep my car as even as his so he wont be able to say poop either way.
300HP, is not going to get you into the 11's, and I HIGHLY doubt even 500 will get you into the 10's.

You have NO IDEA what kind of HP you need to be in the 10's

I have roughly 375-400hp at the crank in my 2700lbs car, and I run low 12's on street tires on a good day. I havent used slicks yet, because my trans will eat itself, it's not meant to take that much HP.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dotn own the car yet im only tellin you what im gettin told in the fourms. but look at an sti AWD 300 at the crank and it hits 13.3 at the woodburn drag. so 300+ hp in a RWD car i should get into the high 12's sounded feasable to me
Old 09-29-2006, 05:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh and btw i was sayin high 12 at 300 hp thats the stage 0 380's for low 12 high 11's thats stage one.... mabey my post confused you...
Old 09-29-2006, 06:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh and for someone who claims to know so much you should know tha horsepower is a generic term max hp means nothing there are so many factors to look at. where it is when it is how long it holds where the HP and TQ curves meet. ive seen a 500 hp rx7 beat a 700 hp supra in the 1/4 mile. hp isant everything what i consern my self with most is track slips they are a good indicator of how fast and how much power a car has.

Quick Reply: project car