Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

SCOOPED!! T2B! CHECK IT OUT!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 05:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default SCOOPED!! T2B! CHECK IT OUT!

www.scionlife.com/scion/t2b

Saw this reading carspyshot's thread on the t2b http://www.carspyshots.net/zerothread?id=14266&page=2

Source is from Automobile.com

Designed at Toyota's Calty Design Studio in Newport Beach, California, the t2b--for "Tall Two-Box"--concept takes everything Scion knows about being hip, cutting-edge, and cool and combines it in one package. The exterior design is partially attributed to senior designer Jin Kim, who was also responsible for the Toyota FJ Cruiser and Lexus LF-C concepts. Interesting details include a single, offset foglamp up front (it illuminates with the strength of two) and a correspondingly lonely reverse light on the rear, which sits directly opposite the exhaust pipe--a nice touch. Besides traditional lighting setups, the t2b also eschews B-pillars and door handles, opting instead for more 'edgy' modes of entry. Passenger-side access is achieved through a single power sliding door, while the driver's side doors--both of which open a full 180 degrees--are manually operated. (The driver's-side back door is suicide-style, furthering our theory that every modern concept must incorporate this design somewhere.) All doors are opened or unlatched via remote control.

Assaulting your senses with every known type of media, the Scion is a rolling entertainment center. An information display housed in the dash--it looks like Star Trek come to life--allows occupants to download music, games, or movies from the Internet. If you can't find the song or game you want on the Web, simply plug an mp3 player into the dash or a video game system into docking ports located in the cargo area and you're good to go. Movies and games are viewed on the rear window, which serves as a projection monitor that can be seen from inside or out.

In addition to the electronic gadgetry, the t2b boasts a surprisingly roomy cabin, an impression aided by the wraparound windshield and fixed moonroof panels, as well as the upside-down trapezoid shape of the interior. Cabin flourishes include specially contoured seats, zippered storage compartments (including one in the steering wheel), and a unique floor, where the carpet pokes through long, rubberized slots like perfectly manicured hedges in a row. The concept is powered by a 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine mated to a four-speed automatic and rides on twenty-inch polished aluminum wheels.

While the t2b's myriad gadgets ensure that no one mistakes it for anything more than a concept, we think the exterior provides a good hint at the styling direction of the next xB. Scion says the goal for the t2b was to "create a concept which would represent that your car is more than just a mode of transportation, it's a lifestyle." Well, if your lifestyle is based around the need to be constantly entertained, then the t2b might be for you.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:32 AM
5 Year Member

Default Re: SCOOPED!! T2B! CHECK IT OUT!

lol I'm the one who posted it over at CSS... hahaha...

Anyway, here are a few more pics:

Old 03-24-2005, 05:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

good find!
Old 03-24-2005, 05:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's like the a combination Scion xB, Scion tC, and the Infinity FX headlights/Audi Pikes Peak headlights
Old 03-24-2005, 05:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Love the headlights! but it's kinda...weird funky.....yeah
Old 03-24-2005, 07:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ugh. Asymmetry on cars is not hot! One fog light??

Thumbs down on most of the exterior design from me. I like interior, the color, and the overall shape a lot, but little exterior details ruin it IMO.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

whats up with all the disco light crap inside....big lit up exit buttons.

the killed the rear seat leg room, now it will feel just like a POS american car...
Old 03-24-2005, 11:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't forget, it's just a concept and most cars that come out look different than the concept
Old 03-24-2005, 11:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I think this is what Scion Corp. is going to be unveiling today at the New York International Auto Show this afternoon. GOD I hope not...but we can only hope.

They said it was going to be concept named t2B...hence the name on the rear license plate.

Plus I got this in my email box earlier this week about the unveiling..

"On Thursday, March 24, 2005 at 8:30AM EST, Scion will unveil an all-new concept vehicle at the 2005 New York International Auto Show. Known as t2B, it encompasses bold exterior styling, innovative features, and a passenger-friendly interior, all packaged with Scion's requisite fun-to-drive factor. "
Old 03-24-2005, 12:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Couple of random thoughts:

1) If this is going to be the concept for the next gen xB and they offer the 2.4l engine from the tC/Camry like this concept shows... does this mean factory Supercharged xB?

2) Change the silly carnival ride, lights-a-hoy look on the interior.

3) Is it me or did they skimp on the legroom for the rear seats? To me that was a selling point on the xB.

4) I really like the single foglamp, but I think if it were on the final version, everyone would be telling you, "Did-ja-know, one fell off?".

Cool...
Old 03-24-2005, 12:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Umm... I have to say the exterior is a little dissappointment. Its not great looking. But its different enough that I still like it. The interior is amazing. I love it. It Looks like something out of star trek. The exit lights are hot! If the production t2b has an interior close to what is in the concept, I would buy it.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like it. I imagine that any production version will have more rear room, the seat in this is probably moved forwardto make room for the rear window projector thing.

I like the exterior a lot. It's dynamic and very different. Like the asymmetry, it is very Japanese, small details, slight imperfections. I really like the media capabilities, have to imagine this hase wifi built in.

They clearly cut down on the side glass, looks a little more "lead sled" like. Which makes sense really. A box is not meant to be a track car. The xB is really part of the long history of cruisers, with mods made for looks. This seems to embrace that.

If they build it with half of what they're showing here, I'll buy it.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Fugly
Old 03-24-2005, 12:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by dgHotLava
whats up with all the disco light crap inside......
its for us Deejays! woot woot raise ya hands up! woot!

its too similar to the ford Syn (US)
Old 03-24-2005, 12:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

I am watching the broadcast right now. I guess I will see shortly whether or not this is it.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well it's offical that is the t2b,
Old 03-24-2005, 12:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG
Scion Evolution

THE WEBCAST IS ON RIGHT NOW (go check scion.com)
Old 03-24-2005, 12:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG
Scion Evolution

it just ended, replays of the press conference will broadcast shortly
5 Year Member
SL Member

After seeing it on the live webcast.. .I'm really diggin' it! It's kinda like a futuristic armored car cruiser feel
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just watched. They've got models of a coupe fastback and a pickup as well.

Quick Reply: SCOOPED!! T2B! CHECK IT OUT!