Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

SCOOPED!! T2B! CHECK IT OUT!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 03:53 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by slickrick
In addition, am I the only one that thinks the single fog light and rear light is cool?
Symmetry is boring, but too much lopsidedness is unnatural. The accent of the fog light and rear light aren't too much but definitely give the t2B a uniqueness, and isn't that why we enjoy the Scion line?
And about the sliding door being reminiscent of a mini-van, WTF? I think most vehicles in the future will have this. Not for aesthetics but for conveinence and ease. Just think, no more scratches cuz the jacka$$ next to you can't open his door or park his car legitimately... the same reason Lambo door make so much sense (other than looking cool). Plus, most vehicles abroad (re. japan, euro, etc.) are including sliding doors into their vehicles.

Commence respond/rebuttal now.
You are officially cool. Finally someone else who understands that symmetry thing and what Scion is about.
Old 03-26-2005, 04:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

mitchell, i agree with you in a sense. i too believe the xB styling (while a bit derivative of other minivan styling) is unique. it is the xB that defines scion. just like the miata does for mazda, the mustang for ford, etc...
toyota/scion should take a page from mazda and their published efforts taken with the new miata. dimensions/weight/styling were each looked at independently. but again, i can agree with some change needed -- crashworthiness, addition of side airbags, etc.
last thing the xB needs to be is a 'common faced' member of the scion family. let it be the adopted son -- the bastard child...
it even looks like the new Audi Q7 that will be coming out soon
Old 03-26-2005, 05:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Go Toyota! Build it! Just make sure it has manual tranny and 4WD!!!
Old 03-26-2005, 06:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ill take 2 please
Old 03-26-2005, 06:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

make that 3 if I can get them to throw in a TDI
Old 03-26-2005, 10:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Not feelin the look

Originally Posted by Simez2003
Hideous... ugliest car ive ever seen. And I thought the XB was ugly.
Must be a tC owner. Ugly.... NOT!!! Beautiful.... HELL YEAH!!!!!
Old 03-27-2005, 12:14 AM
5 Year Member

Right before it came out, xB was no where near the top of "public opinions" but look at how beloved it is today.

I like the t2B very much and it will be my next ride if it makes it to production and I predict it will be as least as successful as xB.

This is the impression I got from the headlights.

Old 03-27-2005, 04:02 PM
5 Year Member

took a pic with my phone
Old 03-27-2005, 04:57 PM
5 Year Member

I WANT IT!!
Old 03-27-2005, 04:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

not bad i guess i think it needs another fog light
Old 03-27-2005, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ill trade my box in for that hands down. Its hot.

Ad-roc :clap:
Old 03-28-2005, 12:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm starting to not like that vapid space above the grille. I think the small size of the headlights makes that look funny.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:15 AM
Banned
KAD
Scikotics
SL Member

^^just add a sleak hood ornament and that is taken care of, to tell the truth, it is growing on me more and more
Old 03-28-2005, 04:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah I still like it, I just think certain things need to be visually tuned before this thing comes anywhere near production.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by KevinxB
I'm starting to not like that vapid space above the grille. I think the small size of the headlights makes that look funny.
i agree completely
Old 03-28-2005, 05:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There's alot of ridiculous hater comments being bandied about here. To say it's bad design because of the doors or an asymetrical foglight is like saying the Ford GT/GT40 is a bad design because it's lower nose slopes forward. Or has poor rear visibilty. It's missing the point.

The T2B's a study in proportions and geometry. It challenges you. It's also a showcar, and I doubt the nutty interior or the sliding door will make production. But if the basic form is the same (and I have the feeling it will be) then I WILL BUY ONE IN A HEARTBEAT. It's one of the freshest designs i've seen in a while. Like a hightech urban assault vehicle style that looks like it's going to unfold into a Gundam at any second. Can't go wrong with that.

I agree with a previous poster that the current Bb is a classic design... but the T2B could become a classic in it's own right. It's good.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:35 AM
5 Year Member
Scion Corps

Well Its AN Ok Concept But it still needs some work like all concepts this will not be the final version. Here are some Pros, and Cons.

1. Like the exterior, but it is verry limited to upgrades on the looks.
2. looks like it is to heavy, may be not though.
3. Who drives with one fog light other than Ricers
4. they need to make up their minds, I like the Suicide doors, but not the Sliding one.
5. I wanted more Light in the interionr, but I don't want it to look like a GD spaceship.
6. Loss of interior space is a big no.
7. Where the devil is the speedomotor?
8. The Seating doesn't even look comfortable.
9. 2.4L 4Cyl is not enough engin to push or pull that thing around, give it a 6 Cyl and maybe AWD and it might fly, other wise its just another big SUV that is underpowered.

On the other hand WAY TO GO FORD IN TRYING TO RIP OFF THE SCION DESIGHN, WAY TO BE ORIGINAL!!!!!!!!, nextime think in your own box!!!!!!

Just My Opinion

Nico
Old 03-28-2005, 07:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Boxer Rebellion
There's alot of ridiculous hater comments being bandied about here. To say it's bad design because of the doors or an asymetrical foglight is like saying the Ford GT/GT40 is a bad design because it's lower nose slopes forward. Or has poor rear visibilty. It's missing the point.

The T2B's a study in proportions and geometry. It challenges you. It's also a showcar, and I doubt the nutty interior or the sliding door will make production. But if the basic form is the same (and I have the feeling it will be) then I WILL BUY ONE IN A HEARTBEAT. It's one of the freshest designs i've seen in a while. Like a hightech urban assault vehicle style that looks like it's going to unfold into a Gundam at any second. Can't go wrong with that.

I agree with a previous poster that the current Bb is a classic design... but the T2B could become a classic in it's own right. It's good.
OK, so you think its good. But if someone dislikes the doors or the uni-fog, their opinion is a ridiculous hater comment? Right...

I don't like either, but as I said earlier, I don't think its a bad design. Those little details spoil what could be a better car, IMO.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

If this is the styling for the next generation xB then bring it on. I wonder if anyone will make a body kit for the present car that mimics the concept
Old 03-28-2005, 02:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by KevinxB
hmm... i can just imagine the future posts when the t2b comes out about rock chips -- as if the current xB is not prone enough to them...

Quick Reply: SCOOPED!! T2B! CHECK IT OUT!