Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

SCOOPED!! T2B! CHECK IT OUT!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 08:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A lot of opinions will change (and changes will be made to the concept) before it becomes a production vehicle. I did some research on the t2B and the Toyota Porte and found some interesting similarities like the snub-nose front, tall profile, large glass area, movable seats and, of course, the sliding passenger door. I have no doubt that the production t2B will keep all of those features, but will also get real-worldsized wheels, more normal looking lights and an interior more reminiscent of the current Scion models. Although Scion is saying officially that the t2B would be on a unique platform, the dimensions and engine are the same as the tC. I would not be surprised if the t2B and tC end up being as similar as the xA and xB.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

THIS particular article about the replica van phase going on in Japan would mean that those citroen kits would fit rather well on the t2b

Old 04-01-2005, 11:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

The car is not -- repeat, is not -- a candidate for production. Bolain said Scion they created the project as a way to deliver the "element of surprise" that Scion has become known for.
Thank God, that way I can't get ____ed off everytime I see one passing me by in my xB while going up hill or against the wind. (Thus resulting in me shooting the bird at cha)

Part of listening to their customers takes the form of web surfing. Bolain recommended the independent site Scion Life as a place to get a good handle on the car company's burgeoning enthusaist community.
So they ARE listening...

"It's great because it's a feedback mechanism we didn't have before," Bolain said, adding that when he gets back to Torrance, Scion Life will be one of his first stops.
Okay Mr. Bolain. If you would be so kind, please read this thread here... there are many like it, but this is a good starting point.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...ighlight=paint

Old 04-04-2005, 08:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ipod. Is this the scion Steve was talking about. the t2b and ipod adaptor. Looks kick ___.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Those headlights are HOT!, everything else sucks, sorry
Old 04-05-2005, 09:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by avus
THIS particular article about the replica van phase going on in Japan would mean that those citroen kits would fit rather well on the t2b

Whoa are those replica vans based on current jdm microvans? Them's crazy!!!
Old 04-05-2005, 09:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Boxer Rebellion
Whoa are those replica vans based on current jdm microvans? Them's crazy!!!
Yeah, read all about them at that link. Or this link. I would definitely have something like that if they came to the U.S. The replacement bodies are only like $1000!
Old 04-06-2005, 11:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i pretty much like everything about it, however reference the image above; can you say down syndrome? haha. but seriously i love it, but it sucks because i don't know if i would get the truck or the box (if it ever goes into production). don't talk to me about the fastback (aztek anyone?).

as for the people complaining about the interior, why waste your breath??? it will obviously never, EVER look anything like that. of course they will in some way keep the productivity and electronic support if they ever make it. the panel lights might come as an option (such as interior led on the box now) who knows?

good observation about it looking like the predator mask, i have to say the thing looks pretty evil - anyone "if you make it, they will buy it".
Old 04-06-2005, 11:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Vintage Hotroad t2B

Originally Posted by Drakegta
Hello everyone, This is my first post here...

I saw the t2B concept at autoblog today, all I can say is wow.

Despite all the negative things people (Including many on this board) are saying about this car, I absolutely love it.

Why?

It’s clean, it’s chopped, the wheels are moved to the very front and back of the car, it’s low slung, the doors are fine (Although I don’t see why they couldn’t have a sliding driver’s door too [this could make getting out of your car in a crowed parking lot easier])

Am I the only one who looks at this and sees a modern version of a 1932 coupe? Look at it, the fender flares, it’s near perfection.

The exterior is perfect, I swear, I wouldn’t change a thing, I like the single light idea. I don’t like the interior, but heaven knows that wouldn’t be production.

If Toyota builds it, I’m buying one... If not, I’m buying a Nissan Cube when they hit the US.

The xA just wasn’t popping for me, and the TC looks like every other car on the road. The xB is great, but it has nothing on the t2B.

Let me tell you, I have a 1996 GEO tracker, it’s the perfect size, and the shape is nice, I’ve been driving it for a while, and had no interest in buying a another car untill that Tracker breaks, but this thing got my attention, and everyone I showed it to liked it, including the same people who I showed the xB two years ago and said it was the ugliest car they ever seen.

The car is smooth, it’s a box yes, but it is a well rounded sporty box. The hood is the right size for the rest of the car, the length is great, and the seating problem in the back could be fixed by moving the seats back into the cargo area (dua.)

So in conclusion, before you diss this thing, look at it again. Think about how nice this thing would look as a vintage hot rod?

It might look like this...

ahmen!!! for those people who can't figure out where the styling cues came from just read above. it is a true homage to the 32 coupe. first thing i thought when i saw that was updated vintage hotrod, i've had that idea for a long time (wondering why don't these hotrod builders don't add new styling for a change of pace) leave it scion to do it for me!
Old 04-07-2005, 01:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

Default Re: Vintage Hotroad t2B

Originally Posted by rhymeswithorange
ahmen!!! for those people who can't figure out where the styling cues came from just read above. it is a true homage to the 32 coupe. first thing i thought when i saw that was updated vintage hotrod, i've had that idea for a long time (wondering why don't these hotrod builders don't add new styling for a change of pace) leave it scion to do it for me!
looks more like a '26 Ford T
but yeah, its cool that the such a strong american hotrod design theme is referenced in the t2b without being retro. guess we're the new generation of 'cool cats'
raúl...

Old 04-07-2005, 04:09 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

first thing i would want to do is a chop job up front have it slope more back to front... omg that would be so sweet

someoone photoshop that!
Old 04-09-2005, 09:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think we got something here...Brothers! The t2B is the honda Ridgeline's little brother.

Old 04-11-2005, 03:40 PM
5 Year Member

I don't like the angles---I prefer the BOX!
Old 04-14-2005, 08:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

wow shiet it looks nice im down to buy it wen it comes out hahaha =D
Old 04-18-2005, 12:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

That thing is FUGLY! The only decent about it is the suicide doors!
Old 04-23-2005, 10:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If they have it in orange and the reviews are good. I'm getting one.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Evolution

Default i

I really think the should take it back.
Holla at chu boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-25-2005, 10:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Evolution

Stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 04-27-2005, 09:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

I WANT ONE JUST THE WAY IT IS!!!!
Old 05-01-2005, 03:11 AM
5 Year Member

Where the hell is the radio?

Quick Reply: SCOOPED!! T2B! CHECK IT OUT!