Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

SCOOPED!! T2B! CHECK IT OUT!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 06:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks way too much like the Element. I also hate how the rear seat room inside is gone.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scrap
I can stll spank your toater w/ my tc
Who said I'm trying to race anybody? I said I like "function" and "style" and "utility"... I never mentioned racing.

Now go back to watching your tapes of Fast and Furious, and learn how to spell

-THE DON
Old 03-24-2005, 06:29 PM
5 Year Member

I'm not liking the dramatic reduction in rear seat leg room and the interior is definitely concept material. For Toyota to be able to fit this vehicle into the Scion pricing range, they will in now doubt use the same vast expanses of plastic as in the current xA, xB, and tC. All the fancy stuff will never make it to production - just to cost prohibitive.

I like the bigger engine (although a 5 spd manual will need to be an option) and the exterior design isn't too bad ... although I agree that symetrical fog lights up front and dual exhaust out back would be prefered. I kind of like the door design as well (doesn't the Nissan Cube have doors similar to this?). If they could keep a lot of the elements from the exterior and package it with the interior space of the current xB then it would be on my list ... but the outrageous interior definitely needs to go!
Old 03-24-2005, 06:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

i like this concept...
for the simple fact that it is what we've been commenting on the scionlife forums since scion first came out.
1) the wraparound rear window -- obviously related to everyone's opinion of the one on the Nissan Cube
2) the 2.4L engine -- our cries for more power, and a possible factory SC option
3) the interior lighting -- based on all the LED bulb swaps and Randode cathode kits we've installed
4) the single fog light -- with a light output of two fog lights... how often have we complained about the foglights on the xB -- a plenty
5) the interior docking station -- Scion asked in different polls on this site what upgrades/features we wanted in our audio systems -- seems they listened
6) exterior styling -- glad the design is polarizing. the last thing Scion needed was another 'safe' design like the tC. the box should always instigate a reaction

thank you Scion for listening

raúl...
Old 03-24-2005, 06:42 PM
5 Year Member

It's like a honda element.. on crack.. a lot of crack.. or the result of an element and a pt cruiser trying to mate.. I can't find a single thing I like about it
Old 03-24-2005, 07:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea, i dont like the XB, and this thing is not me, AT ALL
Old 03-24-2005, 07:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

kind of a lame "unveiling" if you ask me.

it's just the refreshed version of the xB, which is all well and good. but it's all about managing expectations. i was under the impression this was going to take things in a whole new direction for scion. uh, not so much.

but, yes please, definitely give the next gen xB a bigger engine. that's good news.

also, hopefully they'll fix the crap hatchback latch with a one-piece door and not the "breakaway" tack on one we're stuck with now.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think whatever iteration we see in production will be a worthy replacement for the xB. The single fog and reverse lights are the only beef I have with it. RIP xB. We will miss you.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:06 PM
5 Year Member

I want the rims
Old 03-24-2005, 08:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

If they can work out some of the bugs in the design, such a that silly media projector and the front dash, I'd buy that right away.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A couple observations:

- It's an entirely new platform "not in use on any Toyota product" according to Farley's statements

- The bB was introduced as a "dorm on wheels", a social space for you and your friends and this takes the idea the next step (tC owners claiming they could still "burn it" take note: IT'S NOT A TRACK CAR)

- They seem to be creating a "brand face" for Scion, looks at the similarities between this grill and the grill on the tC

- If they put half the technology in the concept into production this will be the most network connect car out there (forget about modding a macmini to fit!)

- It's a concept, deliberately over the top

I like, and am happy that Scion is listening to owners and taking steps to create a real brand in the US.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:52 PM
5 Year Member
Team ScioNRG

this is the ugliest mother effin thing ive ever seen. id be ashamed to call that a scion...damn i mean really..every other car was so hott n now theyre gonna drop the Element Mini-Bus?..gimme a break..the sedan would have been nicer...well a friggin remake of a john deere tractor would have been better...what i disappointment ::rolls eyes::
Old 03-24-2005, 08:56 PM
5 Year Member

....toyotas going in the wrong direction, thats just insane. as if scion sales werent bad enough, then they come out with this. don't get me wrong, i love the tc, xb, and the xa but damn, some1 must have had there head up there you know what to have made something like this. let's just hope it doesnt come out.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:07 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by Munch
I like it. When it comes out it's bye bye Xb for me
I knew you couldnt leave well enough alone Munch Man. Just when you start to like a car ... poooof its gone. Traded in just like your wheels.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CBSIMONSEZ
I knew you couldnt leave well enough alone Munch Man. Just when you start to like a car ... poooof its gone. Traded in just like your wheels.
I know I know, It's a terrible disease man . I can't help myself . The Xb is gone next year anyway. I never keep a car more than 2 years, no matter how much I like it
Old 03-24-2005, 09:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I actually like that a lot. It needs to be cleaned up a lot, but it's just a concept... It has a lot of potential as a retail model.

I'm not sure what's going on with the dashboard lights, though...
Old 03-24-2005, 09:22 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by CBSIMONSEZ
I know I know, It's a terrible disease man . I can't help myself . The Xb is gone next year anyway. I never keep a car more than 2 years, no matter how much I like it
Must be nice to have deep pockets. Wanna pay my speeding ticket? ( post under regional link ).
Old 03-24-2005, 09:34 PM
Banned
SL Member

IMO .... which doest count for much. Im on the fence about it. I can see where Scion would like to go with the line. Afterall, they hit it big with the box on U.S. soil to begin with. How many people here rushed out to get one when they heard about it coming to our shores? IMO ... the xB is the imports answer to the PT Cruiser. It made a big impression. For Scion to say that they are going to 86 the box by 2007 to me is a bit premature. If a car sells well, more then likely it will stay on the market till it doesnt.

That being said ... i can see Scion using some style cues from the T2B on a 2nd gen xB. The engine may be replaced with the larger 2.4L , which would make the hood longer. OR possibly push the interior back, which would explain the loss of the rear leg room. The doors ... not likey will go into production. Too many moving parts. More moving parts means more money. The fog light and back up light arent likely either. I agree, people like symetry. The dual exhaust, may be an aftermarket option. the raised bumpers ... they may actaully go with these too. Just to make a slight difference between gen 1 and gen 2. Much like Plymouth did with the NEONs. 2nd gen look much like the first, but stand apart from it at the same time.

Ill keep my box, thanks. Keep in mind though, almost everyone here was on the fence when they first saw pictures of the xB on the net or a magazine. But when you see it in person, it was a whole different story. Pic didnt do the xB justice.

Cant wait to see this up close tomorrow.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Old 03-24-2005, 09:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Toyota's Scion 'youth' division revealed its latest concept car at the New York Auto Show. Designed at Toyota’s California study, the t2B is a "pure design exercise," said Jim Farley, Scion vice president. The front-drive concept uses a new platform and a 2.4litre four-cylinder engine.

2005 New York Auto Show
Scion marks three-year anniversary with t2B concept
By John McCormick / AutosInsider

Originally Posted by Detroit News Autos Insider
NEW YORK -- Three years after launching the Scion brand at the New York show, the Toyota 'youth' division revealed its latest concept car.

Designed at Toyota's California study, the t2B is a "pure design exercise," said Jim Farley, Scion vice president. The front-drive concept uses a new platform and a 2.4litre four-cylinder engine. Its most distinctive visual elements are its reverse trapezoidal shape, which makes it bigger at the top than the bottom, and unusual asymmetric design features. These include a power sliding driver door and suicide doors on the passenger side...
Read the rest at:
http://www.detnews.com/2005/autosins.../01-128070.htm

=====
First impressions: I do not like it. It's too much like a fat, gas guzzling SUV or MiniVan.

The xB remains a lean mean innovative machine... I doubted that Scion could improve on the xB concept and now that I've seen and read about the t2B it's just a move toward the same bad car designs seen in most U.S. parking lots. More is not better... Bigger wheels, 2.4L, power doors, gadgets & gimmicks, etc.

RPM

Quick Reply: SCOOPED!! T2B! CHECK IT OUT!