Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

SCOOPED!! T2B! CHECK IT OUT!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 09:51 PM
5 Year Member

Default Hope it doesn't change

The front light conjures thought of the Predator w/ mask on. I honestly like this. Adding glass to the back sides would wreck the effect. Suicides are good if done correctly. People mod cars with verts and sui's all the time. I think it's nifty. The passenger side door might be an interesting vertical door.

This car is a go. The inside dash is interesting. Imagine it will be changed for production, but don't feel it necessary. The key is edgy and an inside as pictured would fit the bill. Those who don't like it don't get 'it', the same way folks don't necessarily get the Xb.

The idea is not to have something that everyone else is driving. Those folks can have Corollas and Camrys.

I noticed that the wheel well can accommodate 20's; slick.

I just hope that the Scion/Toyota folks invest in a better suspension system. The xB gives a pretty crappy ride on city streets. I'd like a little less to be one with the road.

The asymmetry is spiffy. Stop complaining.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by silly rabbit
It's good though, we individualists will love it.
Exactly. Except for those dumpy Chrysler 300ish chrome rims. Garbage.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:33 PM
5 Year Member

Default "Value-Pricing"

Originally Posted by big_guy
I'm not liking the dramatic reduction in rear seat leg room and the interior is definitely concept material. For Toyota to be able to fit this vehicle into the Scion pricing range, they will in now doubt use the same vast expanses of plastic as in the current xA, xB, and tC. All the fancy stuff will never make it to production - just to cost prohibitive.

I like the bigger engine (although a 5 spd manual will need to be an option) and the exterior design isn't too bad ... although I agree that symetrical fog lights up front and dual exhaust out back would be prefered. I kind of like the door design as well (doesn't the Nissan Cube have doors similar to this?). If they could keep a lot of the elements from the exterior and package it with the interior space of the current xB then it would be on my list ... but the outrageous interior definitely needs to go!
I think one of the aspects of "value-pricing" the first Scions was due to their having been marketed to first-time-buyers (essentially teens/youth). Just from observing the drivers of those on the road, a lot of older people, essentially Toyota-aged buyers have Scions. Those folks are people with a little extra money.
Keeping that in mind, Scion can develope edgier cars, that are a bit pricier and still expect to make money.
Also if one is to think about young Scion buyers growing older, one would expect them to eventually have more money available a second time around.

The idea with Scions was that they were supposed to hook people in and then for the next car get them move to Toyotas, and then one day they move to Lexus.

Maybe, the idea was revamped abit and it was thought to keep people looking for 'different' looking vehicles as Scion customers.

I would have appreciated a little less skimping on the interior of my Xb. Some of the Scion drivers looked at Minis. Those are not necessarily inexpensive cars. But one who has money for a mini also has money for a more frills Scion.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:54 PM
5 Year Member

Default Blind Spots...

Originally Posted by RPMxB
Originally Posted by silverxb
Your quick redesign pic addresses 2 key problems:

* 2 fog lights are better than 1

* Rear windows are needed for visibility; although, a blind spot still exists because of the high rear seat backs and high window level, compared to the xB

Even after your improved redesign the t2B seems to me fatally flawed.

RPM
I take it you have never driven a van before.
Old 03-25-2005, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Originally Posted by AllMotoRtC
one of the design guys told me that the cocept was worth 1.5 million
Keep in mind concept vehicles are one offs and therefore will be very costly to build.
Once a vehcile hits mass production the price in parts goes way down.
yeah I hpoed it would be cheaper than a mill or so.... ..... I think it was great I like it more and more, as I look at the pictures I took ......
Old 03-26-2005, 12:23 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Most Concept Cars never reach production, However design elements and other things usually do, I dont look at it as Whats next from scion, as what parts/features They are going to have on the Next Scions.

I always thought having a sliding door on the xB would be pretty neat, be really really sweet of the whole door slid upwards.

Overall I don't like it myself but at least they gave us something.
Old 03-26-2005, 12:46 AM
5 Year Member

Default more content

Hi all,

Here's some additional content on the t2B that you might enjoy:

http://www.scionzone.com/html/featur...s/newyork2005/

And, some photographs:

http://gallery.scionzone.com/gallery/newyork05-t2b

Enjoy!

Mike K.
Old 03-26-2005, 01:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Like the fastback version.
Old 03-26-2005, 02:03 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

well after further thought it is ugly ugly guly and well just plain ugly.........either drop the xb and go on a new venture all together or keep the xb the way it is.......boxy and nonsliding door like
and with two fog lights. one is just really stupid how functional would it really be.................

one last thought
its garbage or garbage truck like
Old 03-26-2005, 03:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

IF scion makes he T2B, it will look nothing like the concept. Remember the CCX? The tC is a completely different animal.
Old 03-26-2005, 04:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It looks like a fridge and an xb made sweet sweet love and it makes me want to vomit.
Old 03-26-2005, 04:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm glad as hell people don't like it at its first inception.
I didn't buy the xB because everyone loved it or because it was the 'cool' new car ala the tC. Nothing against the tC, I'm trying to get my girlfriend to buy one.

Let them hate it, I'll take mine in black. Only if they change the booty-looking back and get rid of the disco lights on the interior.
Old 03-26-2005, 04:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im so going to get one scion is about being different and this does it!
Old 03-26-2005, 06:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

when can i change my ice cube to a melting ice cube ?? deff something thats not out there that soo scion id buy it
Old 03-26-2005, 07:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

In addition, am I the only one that thinks the single fog light and rear light is cool?
Symmetry is boring, but too much lopsidedness is unnatural. The accent of the fog light and rear light aren't too much but definitely give the t2B a uniqueness, and isn't that why we enjoy the Scion line?
And about the sliding door being reminiscent of a mini-van, WTF? I think most vehicles in the future will have this. Not for aesthetics but for conveinence and ease. Just think, no more scratches cuz the jacka$$ next to you can't open his door or park his car legitimately... the same reason Lambo door make so much sense (other than looking cool). Plus, most vehicles abroad (re. japan, euro, etc.) are including sliding doors into their vehicles.

Commence respond/rebuttal now.
Old 03-26-2005, 11:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh.....yay.....it's the "low profile" toaster....on wheels
but nah, i liked the xb when it first came out, this new body style interest me, but that interior has got to go.

anyone notice Scion cars have similar looking parts from other car makers?
Originally Posted by Audicted
It's like the a combination Scion xB, Scion tC, and the Infinity FX headlights/Audi Pikes Peak headlights
not to mention the rear window that looks like the Nissan Cube.....

this includes the tC: Volvo S60 hood, BMW headlights, Audi rear...jus to name a few...

i'd like to see a keyless entry credit card style key, or the Prius key style on Scion's lineup....
Old 03-26-2005, 12:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by slickrick
In addition, am I the only one that thinks the single fog light and rear light is cool?
Symmetry is boring, but too much lopsidedness is unnatural. The accent of the fog light and rear light aren't too much but definitely give the t2B a uniqueness, and isn't that why we enjoy the Scion line?
And about the sliding door being reminiscent of a mini-van, WTF? I think most vehicles in the future will have this. Not for aesthetics but for conveinence and ease. Just think, no more scratches cuz the jacka$$ next to you can't open his door or park his car legitimately... the same reason Lambo door make so much sense (other than looking cool). Plus, most vehicles abroad (re. japan, euro, etc.) are including sliding doors into their vehicles.

Commence respond/rebuttal now.
I'm with you on all of this.
I just think they should evolve the classic front of the xB not the tC.
The reason I bought an xB is because I looked at the shape and thought "classic".
Classic like the beetle, the miata, the bmw 2002.
Classic because of its departure of any current trend AND because of its simple clean design.

Scion should not think xB owners want to own a tC or that we even like them.
I hate that someone put another (lesser imho) front end on our beautiful xB.

The items you mention certainly help this car become unique but they don't make it an xB.
They seem more like design gimmicks.
I like them very much but they aren't what makes the "soul" of the car to me.
and the xB has a soul. very rare in itself these days.

The coupe and the pickup on the other hand are unique.
The expansion of the xB in this way is very exciting to me...
...As long as they salute the xB...NOT the tC
I could see myself with either of these...

But I hope they keep it XB style.

and thanks - I enjoyed your comments.
Old 03-26-2005, 02:59 PM
10 Year Member
SL Member

Looks good as a futristic urban style combat vehicle, but I no likey!! It's to TRON on the outside and to StarTrek on the inside. Yes I know it is a concept! Keep it clean and smooth with a few tweaks here and there. Bigger engine, is all the upgrade needed!!
Old 03-26-2005, 03:00 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

look's weird outside but nice inside.
Old 03-26-2005, 03:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Dope on the inside. It has a projector on the inside and dual iPod docks to play them. I watched the unveiling and it said it has 1 fog light because it has the light of 2.

Quick Reply: SCOOPED!! T2B! CHECK IT OUT!