Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

Scooters, would you ride one?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 05:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Default Scooters, would you ride one?

I recently purchased a Tn'G DR 150, a scooter. I got into them about a year ago when I realized how cheap they are and the small amount they require to maintain. The average 150cc scooter gives off 70-90 mpg while giving a top speed of over 60 mph. The guys here at Scion gave me a hard time about it, but I love it! My buddies all laughed at me, but my wife loves it. My question for you though is:

For about $2500 and 80mpg, would you ride a scooter?

If so, check out www.tngscooters.com
Old 03-25-2006, 05:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nope. I'd probably get hit and killed by some kid in a tC on the freeway. I mean most people buy their vehicles with the styling in mind and also a bit of economy. Scooters lack the styling part.

There is a guy I know who loves to brag about driving his scooter because of the gas savings. He particularly looks like an idiot on it though decked out with his helmet and I won't say why else because I don't want to poke fun at a certain kind of people.

Oh and this is in no offense to you. It is merely an opinion.
Old 03-25-2006, 05:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

No offense taken (and I am married, as I made sure to mention), just remember, you don't ride a scooter to look cool by social standards. You ride because its fun, safe(r) and cheap.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I guess, because I dont have my license yet. But when I have my license I'd prolly sell it.

Cars are fun, even safer, and che...err..convienent.

They don't have windsheilds(should a downpour occur and im several miles from home) and besides, like Oni said, somebody would probably hit and kill me(people in philly arent the best of drivers)

heh
Old 03-26-2006, 11:43 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you can get that kind of MPG on a moped too!!!
Old 03-27-2006, 02:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Scooters are really useful on campus. But i just walk everywhere.
________
Toyota probox

Last edited by 06CStC; 02-28-2011 at 04:27 PM.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

aprilla RSV..........not a scooter, but its two wheeled
Old 03-27-2006, 07:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If there weren't so many idiots where I live I'd get one of these.
Been think'n of get'n the regular ruckus for late nights when I just wanna get out of the house for a bit.

BIG RUCKUS
$5,499

ENGINE
Engine Type 249cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke 72.7mm x 60.0mm
Compression Ratio 10.5:1
Valve Train SOHC; two valves per cylinder
Carburetion 30.0mm CV with auto-enricher
Ignition Fully transistorized

DRIVE TRAIN
Transmission Automatic V-Matic belt drive

RUCKUS
$1,999

ENGINE
Engine Type 49cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Carburetion 15.0mm CV with automatic choke
Ignition CD

DRIVE TRAIN
Transmission Automatic V-Matic belt drive
Old 03-27-2006, 11:43 AM
5 Year Member

I wouldn't mind owning a scooter at all. Not that I give a rodent's rear end about being "cool" or "uncool",but scooters are quite hip in Europe. Personally,I'd opt for a 500cc Yamaha.They have the power and riding comfort to make them suitable for longer trips as well as being nimble and easy to find parking space for in the city.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Tuners

This is my scooter of choice:

Seriously, I have an '06 tC and I'm thinking of trading it in for an '06 TDI Beetle. The TDI Beetle gets C/37 - H/44 MPG's.

I don't know if it's worth it or not. Opinions would be nice.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thier is a guy down the street from me, and he has a vespa, and wears a helmet painted like an xwing pilots, its pretty cool, and pretty fast
Old 03-27-2006, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I ride 1.. I and a bunch of friends rented a few when we were on vacay in Ocean City, MD we had a blast with them..
Old 03-29-2006, 12:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

[quote="couper2"]If there weren't so many idiots where I live I'd get one of these.
Been think'n of get'n the regular ruckus for late nights when I just wanna get out of the house for a bit.

Check out the Tn'G Baja 150, its quite a bit cheaper than the Ruckus 250 and more practical than the 50.
Old 04-01-2006, 03:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmmmm, cool.
Tanx dskinner
Old 04-01-2006, 06:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

Originally Posted by roadsterviking
I wouldn't mind owning a scooter at all. Not that I give a rodent's rear end about being "cool" or "uncool",but scooters are quite hip in Europe. Personally,I'd opt for a 500cc Yamaha.They have the power and riding comfort to make them suitable for longer trips as well as being nimble and easy to find parking space for in the city.
When I went to Italy with my G/F (became my Wife-to-be in Rome) we couldn't go 10ft (3m) without seeing a row 20-30 feet long of scooters parked. I have a pic I have to upload of a car parked in a row of scooters and the car is only sticking out by about a bumper, for sure the front tires are inside the row of scotters.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:37 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by xSTANDxSTRONGx
When I went to Italy with my G/F (became my Wife-to-be in Rome) we couldn't go 10ft (3m) without seeing a row 20-30 feet long of scooters parked. I have a pic I have to upload of a car parked in a row of scooters and the car is only sticking out by about a bumper, for sure the front tires are inside the row of scotters.
I just moved here from Italy. Its all they drive over there. Easy parking, cheap to own, easy to get in and out of traffic. Its not a vehicle if work is a commute or if you live in rural Missouri., But if you are in a city and dont want to pay parking and all that crap and sit in traffic, they are awesome. I imagine there are more rules over here on them tho. In europe they blow by all the traffic at a light and go to the front. Take sidewalks to make it quicker and do whatever.
I dont see anything wrong with them at all.
Old 04-01-2006, 02:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

At the University of Arizona parking is a pain to say the least. Motorcycle parking on the other hand, is never even half way full.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nick06tC
Originally Posted by xSTANDxSTRONGx
I just moved here from Italy. Its all they drive over there. Easy parking, cheap to own, easy to get in and out of traffic. Its not a vehicle if work is a commute or if you live in rural Missouri., But if you are in a city and dont want to pay parking and all that crap and sit in traffic, they are awesome. I imagine there are more rules over here on them tho. In europe they blow by all the traffic at a light and go to the front. Take sidewalks to make it quicker and do whatever.
I dont see anything wrong with them at all.
Nothing wrong as long as you don't have to go more than about 10 miles from home. If you are on one here you can go to the front of the line lights, but you cant goon the sidewalk or anything. On a motorcylce/scooter you are allowed to go no more than 10mph faster than traffic (up to the speed limit)