Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

SELLING MY XB....TC OR RX-8??

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 03:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow thanks man... yea the rx-8 does have the black and red interior. its soo nice.. thankz alot for your info...im probably going to drive my xb untill the end of december before i sell it and get the rx-8 or tC. I still havent made my decision yet. I need to make it soon, so my dad knows if he should sell the rx-8 or hold on to it for me.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Skunk
The RX-8 is a far better car hands-down. The interior (did you get the red/black leather) is one of the nicest on any car under $60,000. The handling is absolutely superb. And you're blessed with a NA rotary engine.
Are you sure about the 60k part? I mean it's nice, no doubt...but there are quite a few more cars with nicer interiors...

pretty much all benz under 60k. Acura TSX, TL, RL. All Lexus cars under 60k. Audi cars under 60k....BMW cars under 60k, etc.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You know, to be honest, the sheer amount of gasoline and oil gulped up by the RX-8 was reason enough for me to not consider it. It's a nice car, no doubt, but two problems that I can't live with are insanely little miles per gallon and difficulty driving normally.

In the RX-8 6spd, I had trouble getting up the curb back into the dealer lot due to the incline. Of course, I was much less adept at driving manuals at the time but I still think that coming from a Saturn Sl 5spd I should be able to expect the car to get up the little driveway with relative ease.

Once up to speed though the car was awesome.

Getting up to speed was a bore.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SilverRSXJezus
Originally Posted by Skunk
The RX-8 is a far better car hands-down. The interior (did you get the red/black leather) is one of the nicest on any car under $60,000. The handling is absolutely superb. And you're blessed with a NA rotary engine.
Are you sure about the 60k part? I mean it's nice, no doubt...but there are quite a few more cars with nicer interiors...

pretty much all benz under 60k. Acura TSX, TL, RL. All Lexus cars under 60k. Audi cars under 60k....BMW cars under 60k, etc.
D'oh, yeah i meant sports cars.

I don't think any other sports car is really even close until you hit Porsche (SC430 maybe?).
Old 11-08-2005, 06:11 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
i test drove an rx-8 and was very dissatisfied.
LOL, this coming from someone who bought the ultimate of all sports cars: THE MIGHTY SCION XB.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Aside from the fact the RX-8 is rear wheel drive, this conversation should have been over a long time ago. If you live in a climate where you actually have a winter, then you have a decision to make. If you don't have to deal with winter where you are from.......well.....let me think here.....

RX-8......or........Scion tC

Which one will give me more driving pleasure.....

Hmmmmmm......Give me a friggin' break!

Old 11-09-2005, 09:05 PM
5 Year Member

If you want speed, pick up like a 2002 cammaro SS. If you want sporty handling, the RX8 or a Miata will do extremely well. If you want all around fun, safe, convenient, great gas milage, reliable, stylish, roomy, with a great warranty for a good price, and rapidly growning aftermarket, the Tc can't be beat.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:47 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

What kinda responce do u expect on a SCION site. I own both the RX8 Shinka Model, the Scion xB, and the SRT-4. Plain and simple all around the RX8 is a better car for handling and looks than any of them. Slow yes. But add a simple HKS turbo upgrade and u are hitting 250 to the ground. Not a huge number, but enough to enjoy threw the powerband since redline is so dayum high in this car.
Old 12-04-2005, 04:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

i hated the rx-8 when i test drove it . WAY slow. handles nicely tho
Old 12-10-2005, 04:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The RX8 is a sports car.

The tC is a "sporty" front-wheel drive coupe.

Depends on what you want. Do you want a legit sports car? Are you going to drive it like one? If you just want a point A to point B machine with a little sporty flavor, the tC is a great choice and it will deal with foul weather better than the RX8. If you are a driving enthusiast and you can afford it, the RX8 is going to be a much more satifiying drive. Two completely different kinds of cars there.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

the rx8 feels alot slower than a stock tc. for damned sure....
Old 12-10-2005, 05:45 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: SELLING MY XB....TC OR RX-8??

Originally Posted by DaDa_688
I am planning to sell my tcm xB. I have had two different xBs and both were autos. I have never driven the manual xb, but the auto is soooo slow. Im just tired of the lack of hp in the xb. I want to buy a used manual bsp tC , if i could find one. But, my dad owns a car dealership and he has offered me a '04 black 6 speed manual Mazda Rx-8 w/ leather seats and a bunch of options. That car is sooo much faster than the xB and i bet its way faster than a tC. Personally, i like the tCs interior and exterior design more than the Rx-8's, but the Rx-8 is not that bad. Can someone give me the pros and cons of the tC please. If anyone owns a Rx-8 or knows someone that does, can you tell me somethings i should know about the car. And if anyone wants to give me thier opinion on which car i should choose that would be great.
well iam sure alot of ppl can tell you the pros and cons of the tC...but i'll do you one better...n give you the pros and cons of the RX-8...BTW its also one of my fav cars...love the heck out of it....anyway these are the problems the cars has over the tC
1. worse gas milage
2. the rotary (my fav engine) constantly needs engine oil because of the nature of the engine. You see the engine slowly sparys engine oil into the rotary chamber to keep it lubed up....and you end up losing engine oil....if you get the car you better keep a Qt of engine oil with you at all time...because u gonna be adding oil every few weeks/months.
3. the trunk is really small.
4. the guys and gals at Road and Track always compalin about the engine cover, which makes adding engine oil really tedius.
5. rwd is really bad in snow
6. do you think you will be able to drive this car around all year round like the tC?...i dont think so.
7. only 4 ppl can sit in the car.
8. i owned mazdas before and personally think toyota has better quality then mazda....but they both have crappy customer service.
9. your insurence will be higher.
10. the RX-8 uses premium gas only because of compression issues with the rotary engine.....you'll pay more money for gas on the RX-8..but you'll save money with the tC

hope it helps....n oh yeah...you if you go for the tC...u already have tons of friends and support here on scion life....good luck with the decision
Old 12-10-2005, 06:51 AM
5 Year Member

definitely the tc, im going to trade my bsp box for a bsp tc in february,
i will then put stage 3 turbos, borla full exhaust, 19" black on chrome motegi wheels, and the rest is history
Old 12-10-2005, 06:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cmndrjamesbond
Originally Posted by hotbox05
i test drove an rx-8 and was very dissatisfied.
LOL, this coming from someone who bought the ultimate of all sports cars: THE MIGHTY SCION XB.
Wow, and you bought the ultimate of all too: THE MIGHTY SCION TC.

Atleast the xb is light on its feet vs. the tc. Now, not to say the xb is a sports car but when you can beat "sports" cars in autocross around the corners, theres something sporty about it. Not to mention, theres a website i can gladly pull up for you if you don't believe me. Where this track instructor takes corners better than a vette and porche's. All the drivers are professionals as well.

Point is: Xb is good at something when you talk about tracks.

Cya
Old 12-10-2005, 06:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I say take the rx-8, its free. If you want to build it later down the road you'll be able to make big power as well.

Cya
Old 12-10-2005, 06:38 PM
5 Year Member

i wanna see that website with the professional drivers or whatever
Old 12-10-2005, 07:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

why Do Most Of The People Here Think 16 year Olds Speed Arond Like They Are Crazy?? We Kno We Are Drivin A New Car and We Are Careful When We Want To Be.. Soo.. Plz Stop Stereotyping The 16 Year Old People Like Me.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Because we were all 16 once. Careful doesnt last when you are that age.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks everyone for your help/opinions. Well i have finally decided on which car to get. and its going to be the rx-8. the reason is that i have not found any used Tc's in the auctions i have been in and im only interested in gettin either a black one or white one. My dad is refusing to go buy a new one from the dealership because the prices were jacked up in orlando to around 20k for a stock tc Plus my dad already owns the rx-8 and i checked it out n its loaded with just about every upgrade except the navigation system. And when i drove it it just blew me away. i am going to trade the xB after new years and get the 8. ill put some pics up when i get it.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by WiCkEd_TrInI
why Do Most Of The People Here Think 16 year Olds Speed Arond Like They Are Crazy?? We Kno We Are Drivin A New Car and We Are Careful When We Want To Be.. Soo.. Plz Stop Stereotyping The 16 Year Old People Like Me.
I fully agree with you...ppl here think that all 16 year olds are bad drivers...turnin 17 next friday

Quick Reply: SELLING MY XB....TC OR RX-8??