Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

SELLING MY XB....TC OR RX-8??

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 12:01 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by killerxromances
I say take the rx-8, its free. If you want to build it later down the road you'll be able to make big power as well.

Cya
This is an incorrect statement. You will never make big power on this car. Wont hit 300 to the ground without alot of money. With a big turbo on it u might....just might make 275.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:48 AM
5 Year Member

i agree, i may be 17, but people always use the "your not experienced enough" excuse to me. i hate it cuz my mom totally takes sides with these people and then thinks that i shouldnt drive my car
Old 12-13-2005, 01:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by UncivilizedRacer
I say take the rx-8, its free. If you want to build it later down the road you'll be able to make big power as well.

Cya
This is an incorrect statement. You will never make big power on this car. Wont hit 300 to the ground without alot of money. With a big turbo on it u might....just might make 275.
Horsepower isn't everything. Anyone can build a 300 hp Civic, but who gives a f*ck? It's a 300 hp FWD econobox. IMO if I were going that route, I'd rather have a dedicated sportscar designed for performance with good brakes and handling finesse out of the box. Driving isn't about 1/4 mile times and stoplight contests. If all someone cares about is racing from light to light like some fast and furious wet dream then by all means, focus on horsepower. I think the complete package is more important though in that arena. Now, I drive an xB, sure. It's a daily driver and I have no allusions about it being a sportscar...

That said, I didn't realize the guy was looking for a used car. In that situation I think I would much rather have the previous gen RX-7 turbo FD. Just feels more raw and edgy and you can't beat FI for putting a sh*t eating grin on your face. Plus it's just a way more attractive car IMO. I think the FD is easily one of the most beautiful cars ever to come out of the land of the rising sun.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
i wish people gave me 25 grand slow cars.

i test drove an rx-8 and was very dissatisfied.

maybe you sould be a nice guy and instead of being spoiled by taking yer dads rx-8 have him buy u a manual xB .

i hate the tc too. but i'd take a hopped up tc over a stck rx-8.

yea man rx-8's are POS

get a tC
Old 12-14-2005, 02:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by socalscion

yea man rx-8's are POS

get a tC
Old 12-14-2005, 11:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cya
There are lots of rotorys putting out very respectable numbers.

And i agree with biznox, 1/4 is not everything and never will. Personally, 1/4 makes me bored fast. Autox, road courses are where its at. Which is what the box is very good at, i know from experience.

Bottom line is this:
Rx-8 is free, you rarely get anything free in this world and its a nice car so take advantage of it.

Cya
Old 12-14-2005, 03:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Actually I read an article about a 3-way shootout between a turbo RX-8 (either HKS or GReddy), turbo Audi TT (badass!) and a 2005 Supercharged Mustang GT. And out of the 3 the RX-8 did the worst on the Auto-X trial. The Audi TT wiped the field with'em.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ i read that article too
i noticed they werent doing that great on autoX either when i saw them running
Old 12-14-2005, 11:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jmiller20874
Actually I read an article about a 3-way shootout between a turbo RX-8 (either HKS or GReddy), turbo Audi TT (badass!) and a 2005 Supercharged Mustang GT. And out of the 3 the RX-8 did the worst on the Auto-X trial. The Audi TT wiped the field with'em.
Which is why i don't own a rx-8. I never said they were good at it, i just said autox is whats up vs. 1/4.

Cya
Old 01-02-2006, 04:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've driven my parent's RX-8 a good bit, and let me tell you what I've gathered:

1) High rev limit is fun
2) Handling is amazing
3) Build quality is not great. The interior looks like it is made of quality peices but, the biggest thing, is that the passenger airbag hatch keeps showing up on the on dash. They've had it replaced once, and it's going to be replaced again. A light colored Square with a line going through it doesn't make the interior look uber attractive.
4) If I was given the car, I'd take it.
5) I like my tC more, it's not as fast, but seat-jerking torque is more prevalent at least.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:43 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i would go with the rx-8
Old 01-13-2006, 12:55 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Cya
There are lots of rotorys putting out very respectable numbers.

And i agree with biznox, 1/4 is not everything and never will. Personally, 1/4 makes me bored fast. Autox, road courses are where its at. Which is what the box is very good at, i know from experience.

Bottom line is this:
Rx-8 is free, you rarely get anything free in this world and its a nice car so take advantage of it.

Cya
The statement was later down the road could post big power numbers....please keep up with the simple things.

And this isnt the same rotory as the previous gens. This is very slow comapared to the old school RX7s, but is much more realiable in the long run.

I own a RX8 so I know a few things about the car.....
Old 01-13-2006, 09:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The statement was later down the road could post big power numbers....please keep up with the simple things.

And this isnt the same rotory as the previous gens. This is very slow comapared to the old school RX7s, but is much more realiable in the long run.

Great....

But the bottom line is, do you want a real sports car or do you want some sports compact?
Old 01-13-2006, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

If you need more fuel efficiency, room and luggage space, then get tC. If you want power then get RX-8. I think they both look awesome.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:37 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by SilverRSXJezus

Great....

But the bottom line is, do you want a real sports car or do you want some sports compact?
The Bottom line, stock neither one is a "real sports" car as you speak. Both are lacking in many spots.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:10 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Great....

The Bottom line, stock neither one is a "real sports" car as you speak. Both are lacking in many spots.

You wouldn't consider the RX-8 as a sports car? Why's that.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i got a tC and i absolutely love that thing. i mean im 17 and i havent put any mods on it yet, but i mean the thing has enough torque on it and on my tC hauls. I want to add a little more power (CAI exhaust) but i mean i just wanna enhance my daily driving and if thats what you want go for the tC. its better than the rx8 IMO
Old 01-14-2006, 04:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn if you can get RX8 I would go for it. Honestly though I dont like the RX8 design vs the RX7. I'm a FD Fan
Old 01-14-2006, 06:15 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

You wouldn't consider the RX-8 as a sports car? Why's that.
For the most part when I think Sports Car I expect it to have a decent Horsepower level. Another thing would be a car that isnt revolving more for looks than speed. The interior is real nice. I would have rather had more time spent on the engine. Plus I also have the Limited Edition model that has alot of the extras other than the base model so I might be partial on alot of these comments.

I mean I see my SRT-4 more as a sports car. Came with 230 to the wheels and a crappy interior. >LoL<
Old 01-15-2006, 02:46 PM
Banned
SL Member

take the RX8.. the tC is wrong wheel drive.

Quick Reply: SELLING MY XB....TC OR RX-8??