Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

SELLING MY XB....TC OR RX-8??

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 12:28 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Ok once again we have alot of misinformation from people who have no clue about the RX8 or the SRT-4.

But I have more than proven my point with the SRT-4, so I will discuss the RX8 interjections.

The RX8 does not need "constant maintainance" at all. This is a new engine all around. The RX7 was high maintainance. This one just needs oil change. I have almost 15 grand on it and not had a single problem at all. Now the modding is correct. It is highly expensive to get any power out of it.

And where in the hell did you get your info itzjere? 240 horses? Hell no! It puts 178 to the ground. With the Greddy Turbo kit fully tuned only puts 244 to the ground.

I love how morons like this guy passes on info and then is a hipacrite in his owns statements. Engineering and Design? >LoL< Like is stated before ill put my street driven SRT up against any street driven RX8 on the twisties and or straightaways. (A car that actually has 240 to the ground)
Old 01-30-2006, 06:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dear God, theres so much rotary missinformation in this thread, I couldn't even get the usual amusement I do.

I'm going to bed, I'll disect some of this eventually.

... but from a Rotor-Head (and the general concensus in the community), the RX8 in it's current for is more of a delivery platform for the renesis emissions machine Mazda has dreamt up (which has some nice perks, but seems more of a step forward and 2 back). It's not very potent of a powerplant as the S4/5/REW-build n/a 13B's, and has about as much aftermarket support as the tC. Handles well, but not the world class chassis of the RX-7. It's a pseudo sports/coupe. Great buy, but not a powerfull tuning platform for those unassociated with rotaries.

I was also between a tC and a used RX-8, and chose the tC as my daily driver even when I work on rotaries every chance I can.

And (to one of the posts that always gets me) torque delivery is a whole different animal in a rotary engine, it doesn't matter nearly as much as torque is a piston engine metric and negligeble when you consider the flat torque curve (providing very wide usable power bands) and the history of 400whp 13B platforms being in the same performance realm as a 600+ whp Supra. Most don't realize HOW different of an animal a Wankel engine is.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

it's a powerful animal with weaknesses
Old 02-14-2006, 07:34 PM
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions

Default Re: SELLING MY XB....TC OR RX-8??

Before I got the tc, I was about to get the rx-8. I think your better off with a Tc because its a stronger car and you can never go wrong with Toyota. As for the Mazda, it has a rotary engine and is said that the engine helps to reduce problems .Its not true because you find more of them at a used dealership compared to a tc. If your wondering how I know all this, my dad is a Mechanical Engineer and he showed me what problems occur with Mazda. So my choice is the Scion tc