Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

selling tC for civic SI

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 05:45 AM
5 Year Member

Default selling tC for civic SI

I just saw the civic SI today at the dealership and it was so damn nice. I've decided to sell the tC for the SI. anyone thinking of doing this also?
Old 10-07-2005, 06:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

how much is the si??
Old 10-07-2005, 06:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if it's more than 20,000 it's not worth buying that car. Just my buck of five
Old 10-07-2005, 06:32 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thought has definitely crossed my mind. LSD, 6 speed, 197 horses, and my neighbor works for Honda. Yeah I have totally thought about it. I just want to see what it looks like in person and how much they want to mark up.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that car doesnt come with the LSD as originally planned i hear. and it barely has any torque... but whatever floats your boat it weighs about the same as tc too...
Old 10-07-2005, 07:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

According to Honda's website it does have the LSD. So how much did it cost?
Old 10-07-2005, 08:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

strange you said that you saw an Si at the dealership.. since i've talked to honda and the dealership and both have agreed it's not released nor in the dealers until december. Now what you could've seen at the dealer was a regular coupe with the factory performance kit.. bigger wheels, ground kit, wing.. that looks just like the Si, but is not the si..

maybe you need to give us a VIN #, since honda said that they haven't shipped any Si's for sale yet.. you might just be buying a pimped out regular coupe..
Old 10-07-2005, 08:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

i bet you're gonna sell the si next year for something trendier next year. trendwhore
Old 10-07-2005, 09:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have thought about the same , even though I havent seen the Si yet . They are predicting January here before there will be any on the lots . They do have the regular ex coupes and those alone look nice . The new civic in my opinion has grown up a bit , nice looking gear shifter as well as nicely put togather dash . I am not to big on the stacked gauage cluster but I see it could grow on me .
Old 10-07-2005, 09:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

TRAITOR!!!!

jus joke...but to be honest, i think those new civic si's with the ground effects kit looks hot!!! but unfortunately, there will be alot around
Old 10-07-2005, 09:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You are going to be so ticked off when you see base model 2006/07/08 Civics as the next few years come along pull up next to you with SI badges from Autozone
Also there are like 20,000 TCs on the road in the U.S. and there will be like 20,000 Civics per state in the U.S.
Seriously....if you want to make a style move put some power behind it and get a STI or 300 horse 06 Eclipse.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:52 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ive owed two civics good quality , great engines, ridiculous insurance costs for the si and ex, plus you will be just another one of the 500,000 civic owners out there, despite the si badge.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:06 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DuMa
i bet you're gonna sell the si next year for something trendier next year. trendwhore
Old 10-07-2005, 12:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That'll be one less tC on the road. Yay!
Old 10-07-2005, 01:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

One more civic on the road for everyone to make fun of. I'll stick with my head-turning tC.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I thought about doing the same thing till I found that for all its hp and six speed tranny it is still barely faster then a stock tC(0-60 7.3 sec as apposed to 7.4 for the tC). I do think I want to test drive it before I do any extreme mods to my tC. The only way it looks good to me is with the factory lip kit. And to get everything I want in it, it'll probably end up running me close to 22-23 grand, remember that unlike the tC these thing come pretty bare. I think if Toyota has any sense, they will release the tC with the Supercharger as an upgraded model with some extra bells and wissels like Navi option and HID projectors. Maybe call it the tC TRD edition or something like that. (and I don't mean a one color Release Series!)
Old 10-07-2005, 01:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sciontc_mich
strange you said that you saw an Si at the dealership.. since i've talked to honda and the dealership and both have agreed it's not released nor in the dealers until december. Now what you could've seen at the dealer was a regular coupe with the factory performance kit.. bigger wheels, ground kit, wing.. that looks just like the Si, but is not the si..

maybe you need to give us a VIN #, since honda said that they haven't shipped any Si's for sale yet.. you might just be buying a pimped out regular coupe..
Although they have not been released yet, and the dealers dont have them to show, I went to the Civic preview at Starland Ballroom in NJ and go tto sit in the Si. Sooooooo nice. If it was not for insurance cost or price, I would definately consider one. It'll probably be around 19,000. They wouldn't jack the price up too much higher than the current Si, at least I hope. I love my tC, but I'm all about performance, and if a honda will out perform this scion, so be it.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ha ha that's silly and I traded in an Si for my tC last year.. it wasn't a bad car.. just had dumb kids yelling "Rice" at me wherever I went *shudder*. But hey.. like someone said earlier if it floats your boat do it. I can't get over the styling hump on this new Si -- it just looks too much like an Accord with down syndrome or something. And honestly, Honda is still seriously lacking in their torque department. I heard they've even dumbed that engine down (from the RSX-S) since they slapped it in the new Si. weak.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dont listen to these people. theyre just upset the new SI is faster and the tC wont be the newest/hottest thing on the sport-compact block. sure the SI costs $4k more, but youre getting your money's worth. too bad the new SI doesnt have the JDM factor (meaning its not sold in Japan, according to www.honda.co.jp), like the EG and EK's. although the new civic sedan is sold in japan with a different front/back.

i know my tC isnt cool anymore when i see dozens of 40-somthings driving them around town.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

U dont think 40-sumpthings drive civics? the Scion brand has the lowest age verge of any car company in th U.S. also they make civics by the boat-load, only 60K tC's were made in '05 and 90K in '06-- verses hundreds of thousands of civics a year... but, again, whatever floats ur boat or finds ur lost remote...

Quick Reply: selling tC for civic SI