Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

selling tC for civic SI

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BIGRKtC
I thought about doing the same thing till I found that for all its hp and six speed tranny it is still barely faster then a stock tC(0-60 7.3 sec as apposed to 7.4 for the tC). I do think I want to test drive it before I do any extreme mods to my tC. The only way it looks good to me is with the factory lip kit. And to get everything I want in it, it'll probably end up running me close to 22-23 grand, remember that unlike the tC these thing come pretty bare. I think if Toyota has any sense, they will release the tC with the Supercharger as an upgraded model with some extra bells and wissels like Navi option and HID projectors. Maybe call it the tC TRD edition or something like that. (and I don't mean a one color Release Series!)
No, it's just an underrated performance spec, I guess. The preproduction model dyno hints that the si might be underrated, and even if it isn't, it is still along the lines of the RSX type S in terms of performance.
0-60mph would be in the 6ish, as some other car mag updated their times. And 1/4 should be close to 15.0 sec, give or take.

Originally Posted by mahalzkita28
that car doesnt come with the LSD as originally planned i hear. and it barely has any torque... but whatever floats your boat it weighs about the same as tc too...
the car does come with LSD. And it barely makes any torque, but it's still faster than your car, so....
Old 10-07-2005, 04:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not another SI discussion... lame.

Moved to Other Vehicles.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by SilverRSXJezus
No, it's just an underrated performance spec, I guess. The preproduction model dyno hints that the si might be underrated, and even if it isn't, it is still along the lines of the RSX type S in terms of performance.
0-60mph would be in the 6ish, as some other car mag updated their times. And 1/4 should be close to 15.0 sec, give or take.

the car does come with LSD. And it barely makes any torque, but it's still faster than your car, so....
Quite frankly, it's not proportionally faster. Secondly, for anyone thinking about trading their TC in for a Tourqe-less SI, you will turn around a year later, and trade it back in for the Next generation TC, so, who cares. Just think, when you get your brand new SI, you will pull up next to a boosted TC and go DAAAAANNNNNGGG! Then you are going to spend money on trying to boost your SI. By that time the new TC would be getting it's first signs of media coverage.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

Quite frankly, it's not proportionally faster. Secondly, for anyone thinking about trading their TC in for a Tourqe-less SI, you will turn around a year later, and trade it back in for the Next generation TC, so, who cares. Just think, when you get your brand new SI, you will pull up next to a boosted TC and go DAAAAANNNNNGGG! Then you are going to spend money on trying to boost your SI. By that time the new TC would be getting it's first signs of media coverage.
Great Point! Although if it is in the 6's that would be quite entising.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:40 PM
5 Year Member

Can't wait till the Si come out. RSX-S performance for under 20K. Even if the SC TC comes out I doubt it will be faster then the new Si. Not to mention the new SI has better handling and a much nicer interior. I still think the Tc is a nice car to cruise in but the Si is the car to get if you want performance.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

If the Tourque Specs are correct on the TRD SC, I think it will definately be faster than the Tourquless SI.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I encourage all of you that are interested to the SI civic to go ahead order one. That way when your stripping all your mods off, you'll sell them to us true tC owners at a discounted prices!
Old 10-07-2005, 07:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by BIGRKtC
Great Point! Although if it is in the 6's that would be quite entising.

I try to approach decision making from a common sense standpoint. Just another food for thought. The TC (even in stock form) has the body lines that draw attention to it. It's body lines make it look like it's worth 30K when it's only half that. No need to add a kit to it to make it look nice. Now for the new Civic. You are not going to get the same reception when you role up in it (Not from me anyhow). And to make it stand-out more, a new kit is going to need to be added. So, you just paid 20k for an SI, and then another 1k+ to give it some appeal, when the TC came with appeal from the factory for less money.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:27 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Default Re: selling tC for civic SI

Originally Posted by jeetdialer
I just saw the civic SI today at the dealership and it was so damn nice. I've decided to sell the tC for the SI. anyone thinking of doing this also?
TRAITOR!

Just kidding.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

How is it not proportionally faster? It is only around 100 lbs heavier than the RSX-S, and the civic si is just as powerful as the RSX-S, really. A 100 lbs won't reduce its 0-60mph or 1/4 by a significant amount. Plus, it's got an LSD to help out, so...there you go.

If a base RSX is a driver's race with a tC and has 155 HP SAE, then there has to be a noticeable difference if it's now 197 HP SAE and approx 200 lbs heavier.

I'm not saying that anyone should trade in their tC for the SI...but I doubt anyone would be stupid enough to go from tC to SI and back to tC again. The SI may be torqueless compared to the tC, but the tC is horsepowerless compared to the SI, so...I guess it's a matter of which one you want.

If I owned an SI and pulled up to a boosted tC, why would I go DAAAANG? If you're talking about the TRD supercharger, it would at best be only a little faster. And anyways, if you cared that much about bang per buck, while you buy your 20k tC that runs high 14s, someone else just purchased a SRT-4 that runs high 13s.

I'm not trying to put down the tC here, but let's get real. You're comparing a modded car to a stock car. The SI costs more, performs better. Simple story
Old 10-07-2005, 10:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Personally I like the fact that its got a 6 speed. I drive 110 miles round trip everyday for school and not having the 6 speed is killing my gas mileage because I cruise at about 4500 rpms in 5th gear. Also the new Civic will be better supported by the aftermarket (they always are). I don't care who's heads i'm turning.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

is it just me, or does the new civic look like an older saturn/?
Old 10-07-2005, 11:56 PM
Former Sponsor
5 Year Member

Selling my 03 SI to get the 06 SI..

Just the fact that I'm seeing so many companies making parts for it already is amazing. This is gonna be a fully upgradeable car by the time they release it in December. That and it already has 197 HP and a sharp look... I dont know if I can sell my TC though, treating me pretty good.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

With any trade ins, one must consider whether the vehicle has a negative or positive equity. I've stated before, but the dealer may lower your trade in so they can get the extra dough. You might as well take delivery of the Si then go to another dealer and sell it there.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:54 PM
5 Year Member

Why on god's green earth would you want to be like everyone else I'm sorry but honda's are like a$$holes everyone and their momma has one
Old 10-08-2005, 10:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the new SI looks good....i thought about waiting for the new civics...but stayed tru and got the 06 tC. couldn't be happier. and like everyone said, who wants to see another hooked up civic, or even worse, another stock civic.
Old 10-09-2005, 01:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

Originally Posted by dachmo
Originally Posted by sciontc_mich
strange you said that you saw an Si at the dealership.. since i've talked to honda and the dealership and both have agreed it's not released nor in the dealers until december. Now what you could've seen at the dealer was a regular coupe with the factory performance kit.. bigger wheels, ground kit, wing.. that looks just like the Si, but is not the si..

maybe you need to give us a VIN #, since honda said that they haven't shipped any Si's for sale yet.. you might just be buying a pimped out regular coupe..
Although they have not been released yet, and the dealers dont have them to show, I went to the Civic preview at Starland Ballroom in NJ and go tto sit in the Si. Sooooooo nice. If it was not for insurance cost or price, I would definately consider one. It'll probably be around 19,000. They wouldn't jack the price up too much higher than the current Si, at least I hope. I love my tC, but I'm all about performance, and if a honda will out perform this scion, so be it.
Yer dreaming valenzuela, the Civic EX is like 19k. over 20 with the navi.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i agree timmyT.. I think people are going to be in for a shock when Honda doesn't actually sell the car for what they "promised".. this is because honda sales for the civic were off 13% over the past year.. They are desperate for sales, so don't count on it being "under 20k" i doubt it's going to happen.. Sure i'll be surprised if it does.. I can see dealers raising the prices and not "Dealing".. you watch..

another thing is that there are all these "oh it's better than your car" statements on here.. Fact is, the Civic Si isn't the best car out there period. A lot of other cars have come onto the compact car scene, the mazda 3, even the Scion tC. That offer something more unique than a Civic.. Yes sorry people, it's true.. there are other cars with more features or something more appealing to consumers other than JUST the civic.. It's a fact that Honda has been asleep at the wheel in designing these cars to be sporty and you should really be thanking Mazda and Scion for coming along because without them Honda would've just quietly cancelled the Si just like the prelude and the crx. I give a nod to Honda but I think they have a way to go to earn back what they used to be in the 90's when you could actually respect what they were doing and didn't give into the bean-counters and the marketing people.. Don't believe me? Check out the sales numbers from those years and compare them to now.. nowhere close.

So sure the Si might be a decent car, but Honda has much further to go to really gain the respect of the rest of the compact car market. Instead of just responding to Scion's push for this market.. It's really the only thing that woke Honda up.. I mean they are even stealing our advertising slogans.. Wow! Be more original honda.. See? this is what I'm talking about, at least Scion came up with something that appealed to us and was original.. Honda used to be that.. sad..
Old 10-18-2005, 11:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

so has there been a price for the SI?
Old 10-19-2005, 02:42 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nope. Initially, Honda was telling the press that it would be under 20k (before destination charge). However, the manual civic ex cost 18,260.00, so many people doubt the Si will come in under 20k.

Quick Reply: selling tC for civic SI