Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

The SI will be under $20,000

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 10:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default The SI will be under $20,000

The honda Si will be under $20,000 as promised. Just goes to show that honda can stick to its word.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No offense, but how can that be? I mean ive seen the new EX's for at least 23k at some Honda Dealerships by me around Chicago.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

you posted this in the wrong section, this should be in the "all other vehicles" secton...
Old 12-04-2005, 11:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's nice. Go ahead and buy the Civic. I really dont mine at all. It's just all depends on your taste.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by bB626
you posted this in the wrong section, this should be in the "all other vehicles" secton...
movin' to AOV.....
Old 12-04-2005, 11:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I checked out a new EX coupe and sedan the other day. Not to buy....oh no, the box is here to stay. Just wanted to see one up close, as I do with most new cars.

The first few pix I saw, I thought it looked a lot like a Saturn...not a good thing. But after seeing it in-person, the pictures did it no justice.

Very attractive car I must say.....especially in the EX trim. The Si isn't out just yet, so I didn't see that one. I hear that Honda may not have gone far enough to visually differentiate it from the EX....pitty.

One thing that was strange though, was how up-close the dash felt after spending the last few months in the Toaster.

We had lots of trouble from our last two Hondas....a '96 Civic EX coupe and an '01 Civic EX sedan, both bought new. So, I still have a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. Might be sometime before I try one again.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

National Institute of Highway Safety just gave the 06 civic best award in its class for safety. I think that alone justifies buying the new civic over any other vehicle in the subcompact market.

I don't think they tested the tC but not all tC's come standard with side aribags like the civic. And for me it was nearly impossible to find a tC equipped with SAB when I got mine.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

think both the coupe and sedan are hideous. the coupe is like an ugly baby accord ( not that the accord isn't ugly cuz it certainly is ) and the sedan? oh lord is insanely grotesque.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:21 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by StylinCavy
No offense, but how can that be? I mean ive seen the new EX's for at least 23k at some Honda Dealerships by me around Chicago.
It's typical for many Honda dealerships to add a "market adjustment" or other worthless accessories to price of the car (the sticker on the window). Every so often, a sucker who goes to the stealership will actually pay for that crap.

In reality, the new civic coupes and sedans are already going for around 500 under MSRP in my area. Check out www.carsdirect.com for a more realistic price.

Those who put down deposits month earlier on 06 Civic SIs have negotiated MSRP.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Interesting, Honda is trying to compete with Scion. We will see how this turns out.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:27 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by StylinCavy
See the Honda site for pricing:

http://automobiles.honda.com/models/...lName=Civic+Si
Old 12-06-2005, 11:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my only think that i want to know about he si is since it use a K20 engine but with a dbw throttle body would RSX-s engine parts work in the new SI.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

it has a very smooth shifter and a nice exhaust note
Old 12-17-2005, 08:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the si will not go for under 20k. i went to my dealer about two months ago and the EX had a dealer mark up for 4k... which made the price 23,800. and the interior is simply ugly, i am happy with my tC, and even if someone would give me an si for free, i would not take it. also one more thing...

HONDA SUCKS
Old 12-17-2005, 08:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

base models are not $23,000, Si is $19,990.

Honda is more dependable about pricing than Toyota is, i don't see why everyone hates honda so much. They are almost identical to Toyota as far as the market goes. Only difference is most of their cars are geared for more performance than Toyota's.

Also, honda competeing with Scion?

Don't think too highly of the tC. 06' Si smokes tC no matter how you compare it as far as performance goes, totally different car. Some say its ugly, some love it, thats opinion not facts. The Si has proven itself over years, the tC is still new and has a lot to prove.

Cya
Old 12-17-2005, 08:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I might also add that this topic has been discussed, way, WAY too much. Too many tC vs. 06 Si, too many Si will be priced below $20k comments, a few threads about it as well. Use a search, unless mods did away with them they are there.

Cya
Old 12-17-2005, 09:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

And the thought of purchasing an Si is now back in my head...
Old 12-18-2005, 03:39 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by blackonblacktc
the si will not go for under 20k. i went to my dealer about two months ago and the EX had a dealer mark up for 4k... which made the price 23,800. and the interior is simply ugly, i am happy with my tC, and even if someone would give me an si for free, i would not take it. also one more thing...

HONDA SUCKS
The si will go for under 20k. Either your dealership sucks and there's an incredible demand over there that drives up the prices, or you'll learn to negotiate.

You should easily get that car for under 19k after negotiations, really.

It's sad, really, to think that people would say that. Honda and Toyota, in my opinion, are so similar it's hard to tell which one's which.

Hooray for fanboys... I'd take any free car if I were offered one.
Old 12-18-2005, 03:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Blind Honda hate is fvking stupid.

They do a better job of building fun-to-drive cars than Toyota does and at least they still build sports cars.

Toyota would have the whole world driving beige automatic Camry's if it were up to them. Toyota is great, but they have a talent for building bland cars with no personality that is rivaled by no one. Not saying all their cars are like that, but compare Camry's to Accors's generation for generation and the Accord is the better drive every time. Same goes for Civic and Corolla. Toyota is just too damn conservative.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i do not blindly hate honda, i hate honda drivers who blindly add cosmetic modifications to their cars. and my dealers sucks ___ because of the mark ups on their cars

Quick Reply: The SI will be under $20,000