Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

The SI will be under $20,000

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 12:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Actually I wouldn't S/C the tC when trying to battle an Si.
I'd actually do the all the other mods (coilovers, sways, struts, flywheel, vtec controller, *in-n-out, etc...)... However if were talking about strictly factory than I'd attempt most of it with "TRD" parts.
*in-n-out = intake, headers, exhaust.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by R2D2
Originally Posted by Munch
Now on the topic of an Si under $20,000, until you've completely bought a car on your own you truely have NO IDEA.
I DARE YOU TO TRY AND GET AN SI RIGHT NOW UNDER $20,000 OUT THE DOOR.
I know someone who got one for $20530 out the door in PA
Believe what you want bro. I no longer own a TC. Trust me I know
Old 01-05-2006, 12:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Well, I guess it does depend on what we're comparing. Weather it be straight-line racing, track or autox. You realise, you can still have your I/RH/E in conjunction with the S/C right? Even if you just S/C, you'll get more HP/TQ with tuning. It's just a fact that F/I is the best bolt-on you can do for a car. And uhm.. VTEC controller? That's Honda technology, not Toyota. Struts are part of a coilover system.

Now, given that I don't have a tC, but if I was to mod it, I'd do I/RH/E, S/C, eManage it and call it day for bolt-ons. Now given that it'll be more than $4k, but it would probably spank a Si pretty badly. But then we get into another argument where one is F/I and other is NA and that opens a new can of topics.

What kinda mods do you have to your tC?
Old 01-05-2006, 12:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Hey Munch, how do you like the S/C? Haven't heard much feedback from end-users. You feel the new Si is that great that you'd give up your tC? Given the Si has a good motor, I still don't like the styling of the car.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by itzjere
Hey Munch, how do you like the S/C? Haven't heard much feedback from end-users. You feel the new Si is that great that you'd give up your tC? Given the Si has a good motor, I still don't like the styling of the car.
I gave the TC up and I'm waiting on my new car .
Old 01-05-2006, 12:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Now on the topic of an Si under $20,000, until you've completely bought a car on your own you truely have NO IDEA.
You are mistaken incase you didn't know the title of this post is The SI will be under $20,000 and u did infact state "$20530 out the door in PA".
I don't know about you, but facts are kind of hard not to believe.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

For reals? What's the new ride? I have to admit, even with the S/C, the tC failed to impressed me number wise.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You are mistaken incase you didn't know the title of this post is The SI will be under $20,000 and u did infact state "$20530 out the door in PA".
The 06 Civic SI is in fact 19,990 before the destination charge. So if you wanna get technical . It is under 20,000.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Munch is correct, and if you want to get more technical, the title didn't state that the Si will be under $20k OTD either, just said it will be under $20k.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

For reals? What's the new ride? I have to admit, even with the S/C, the tC failed to impressed me number wise.
It should be obvious what my new car is by now
Old 01-05-2006, 12:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lets get technical: quoting previous posts...
The 06 Civic SI is in fact 19,990 before the destination charge. So if you wanna get technical . It is under 20,000.
Originally Posted by killerxromances
Originally Posted by DelayedTurbo
Originally Posted by killerxromances

Spare me the dealership speach. Yeah, its redesigned and yes i agree, they look great in person. Better than the previous model anyway. But to say its not like the other civics is just an excuse to jack up your prices. Its a K20, very good motor and finally the civic sees that with a six speed. However, the K20 isn't some glorious motor thats totally brand new and theres nothing like it. The RSX-S has the K series as well, you price your Civic above the RSX good luck trying to sell it. And yes, the $19,990 is supposed to be the pricing of the new Si regardless of what you claim. I used Cali as an example, theres a % mark up on all civics currently. Your way of thinking does not sell you cars, it makes you a jerk thinking you can take advantage of something thats there. Which, usually thats the way you have to do to make business happen but when it comes to something like a Civic, its the wrong way to think. The new Si is not worth $25,000 base, $19,990 is a great price tag and it could go up to $20,500 and still be worth it, but beyond that your entering a new class of cars.

Cya
First off, I'm not a salemen, I work in the parts department mostly in the bodyshop at the Ford side of my dealership. I'm stating the obvious, in your own little world you think someone is gonna sell a redesigned civic for under 20,000, your nuts...people will pay to have the new SI, its different, and majortively speaking, when people try and compare the RSX-S to the SI, they are two different beasts they are not going to interfere with one another, so cost really doesn't make a difference. If the new SI costs more then the RSX-S, its not going to change what people buy. People will buy whatever car they like better. Thats the whole point of having selection, without selection everyone should just drive a k-car ...Honestly, I hate honda's I personally think they're unreliable pieces of crap, but thats cause I've seen all the recalls. People forget that ford honors the most recalls over any other car manufacturer. So please don't think I'm a honda lover...hehe...by all means, I think they suck. But this new SI might give the Civic a better name finally, and with that better name comes a higher cost.
You have no idea what you are talking about. The Si and Rsx-s are virtually the same car with a different body. Both aerodyamics are very close, K series, both six speeds, both have very close overall performance goodies and both are tuned almost identical. The only difference is you can get a little more on the civic than you can the rsx. Thats about it. As for peieces of crap, Honda is just as reliable as Toyota, regardless of what you know as far as recalls. All recalls are nationwide known, they don't recall and just tell employees about it. The Si has always given the civic a good name when it comes to performaning, hell even the regular civics have had a decent "name" when it comes to tuning ever since people started buying crx's, del sols and civic hatchs and swapping motors. The new Si doesn't completely blow every other civic away, its just redesigned with a better platform. Period.

Honda released the Si, in their plans for $19,990. On their website, its $19,990. I've read in a artical right before the release early this month that their would be a fairly large % mark up. If you believe that the Si is worth $25,000+ than you having been working on cars for too long. For about $5,000 you can have a Sti, for $2,000 less you can have a rsx-s, for about $2,500 more you can get an Evo8. And when it comes to $25,000 for a car, another $5,000 isn't that much and you get a true sports car. Civic Si is very nice, indeed. But not worth that kind of money, if the % mark up is final pricing as you so hopelessly claim honda is going to loose sales, Si will sell just as much as the previous model.

And for the record, people don't just buy cars because they like them. They buy a car they like and what they feel best bang for the buck. $25,000 Civic Si is hardly best performance car for the buck. $20,000 is much more in its price range.

Cya
Okay, First of all STOP! comparing the tC to the Si.
Fact: Money is what makes a car.
MSRP
Scion tC = $16,740
Civic LX = $16,860
http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.n...6SITC_B;060100
vs.
http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.n...HOCX_LC;060100

If u must compare something "stock vs. stock" use a better comparison^
Second, if you must compare the two (tC vs. Si) then it must be on a even level playing field otherwise its just irrelevant.
An Si is basically a modded Civic with a different motor + some extras... To compare a tC to the Si its only fair to compare it to a TRD fully modded version, otherwise the true comparison for a "fully stock car" is between the tC & DX, LX, or even the more expensive EX.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm not reading all these pages.
I have now had my name as first priority in my area to get a Fiji Blue with Nav SI. They told me I would recieve my car for under 23k at the end of december... Found out on christmas that they couldnt get it for me till June. Only Black and White SI's without nav till late Feb. Oh, also, the price was 27k finalized. So, expect SI's to be 23k+.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Nice! When is delivery date? What color? You have any Honda/K-Series motor experience? Cause I do Enjoy the car! :thumbsup:

R2D2 -- I don't get what you were doing by quoting previous post. I'm too lazy to go through it all, and try to draw conclusions on assumptions. Cliff notes?
Old 01-05-2006, 12:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by wombat
I'm not reading all these pages.
I have now had my name as first priority in my area to get a Fiji Blue with Nav SI. They told me I would recieve my car for under 23k at the end of december... Found out on christmas that they couldnt get it for me till June. Only Black and White SI's without nav till late Feb. Oh, also, the price was 27k finalized. So, expect SI's to be 23k+.
Hey Wombat, what state are you from? If your paying that much, why didn't you get an RSX type-s instead? Cheaper, more luxury, so many parts of for (and the K-Series motor) and huge huge support network (Club RSX). Given that it doesn't have Navi, but that's always an easy fix as with any ICE.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice! When is delivery date? What color? You have any Honda/K-Series motor experience? Cause I do Enjoy the car! :thumbsup:

R2D2 -- I don't get what you were doing by quoting previous post. I'm too lazy to go through it all, and try to draw conclusions on assumptions. Cliff notes?
Taffeta White is the color.Yeah I do. I have a few freinds with Hondas that have done the swaps in their hatches.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Ahh. Taf White. Nice choice! Any idea when yours may arrive? I've seen a few Si's in California already. All stock thou.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ahh. Taf White. Nice choice! Any idea when yours may arrive? I've seen a few Si's in California already. All stock thou.
Mid FEB
Old 01-05-2006, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Washington State. I opted for the SI because of the weight and some of the stock options that that model came with. The main reason I was going to purchase an SI was because I wanted NAV as well. Sure, anyone can upgrade a deck with NAV installed, but it doesnt operate as flawlessly, use steering wheel controls as easilly and have a smooth flowing GPS connection as a stock headunit. Also, I didnt want to hack into everything to install an aftermarket unit on a BRAND NEW car. Oh well. I'm just saving my pennies longer for slightly used NSX and maybe trick out the xB some more. I dont have a problem installing a NAV unit in that!
Old 01-05-2006, 01:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

What did you mean by weight? Both the Si and RSX are about the same curb weight. I however can understand the whole thing of having navi running smooth and hacking up a new car, although I did that to my xA.. haha.. Sucks to hear that your kinda paying up the @$$. I hate to say, and by no means of offence, but I wouldn't pay that much for a civic. But to each their own, and I'm sure you did your research before committing to the car that suited you best. Enjoy the new ride!
Old 01-05-2006, 04:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bottom line is the Si is going to cost you more than $20,000.
Before this'N'before dat...blahblahblah... plain and simple its still going to be OVER $20,000 out of your pocket however you choose to look at it (and keep in mind $20,000 is most likely NOT achievable unless your the honda fleet manager yourself).
For that price your basically getting a modded EX with a new motor...

itzjere going back to your statement on Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:15 pm: I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT F/I (you assumed its needed in order to beat an Si, but its NOT)...
My acutal Quote: "Actually I wouldn't S/C the tC when trying to battle an Si.
I'd actually do the all the other mods (coilovers, sways, struts, flywheel, vtec controller, *in-n-out, etc...)... However if were talking about strictly factory than I'd attempt most of it with "TRD" parts. *in-n-out = intake, headers, exhaust."
However I do admit my typo about the vtec controller, I just figured they all adjust i-vtec/vvt-i so i branded it a vtec controller.

And yes of course I know I'd still be able to add S/C\Turbo on top those mods. The point is even without F/I, the tC would be faster and have costed the same compared to the stock Si.

Quick Reply: The SI will be under $20,000