Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

Sorry, Boys, this vehicle will make the xD obselete in 2008

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 07:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by offroadinfrontier
I didn't really pay attention to the title - I have to ask; how will this car make the xD "obselete?" That's saying a lot for this Honda that isn't even out yet.

These cars aren't even going after the same market. Scion focuses on younger people who want to customize a car, while the Fit is just another Honda, but smaller (not that this is a bad thing - Honda makes great cars).
hah ... thats kinda funny ... cus I was completely stuck on the whole "obsolete" thing. Oh well
Old 12-08-2007, 10:45 PM
SL Member

I test drove the 2008 Fit and hated the way it drove and I saw the 2009 in Photographs and really did not like it at all. I am glad that I test drove the xD, it was a perfect "Fit"
Old 12-09-2007, 02:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well a really nice feature on the Fit is the huge panoramic sunroof. It would be really fun to have that on the xD or at lesat the option for it.

It's sad that I seem to be the only one that likes the new body styling of the Fit lol. Oh well.
Old 12-09-2007, 05:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I actually liked the fit over the Xd, because the Fit has more potential for modifying than the Xd probably ever will(sorry but that's the truth). The reason I bought the Xd was because the car was just more practical as a daily driver for someone who has kids. I'd take a K-swapped fit anyday though. As for the comments about Honda's getting beat, it only takes about an extra 2-3k for a good turbo and tune setup on almost any Honda, and considering most of the newer models can handle upwards of 35 lbs of boost, there wouldn't be much taking them after that, and I have seen turbo setups getting slapped on hondas right after signing. In the performance world, the only thing toyota has is the Supra, and they didn't even do a 24hr red-line test on that.
Old 12-09-2007, 03:44 PM
5 Year Member

I'd take a K-swapped fit anyday though.
Have you been keeping up with the K-swap mount development progress for the Fit?

HASport has been having some fitment issues, and it will not be a cheap swap, period. Be prepared to spend about 7-10k with labor to have a proper K20A2 swap.

As for the comments about Honda's getting beat, it only takes about an extra 2-3k for a good turbo and tune setup on almost any Honda, and considering most of the newer models can handle upwards of 35 lbs of boost, there wouldn't be much taking them after that, and I have seen turbo setups getting slapped on hondas right after signing.
I can't begin to say how wrong this statement is. Do you have any idea what you're saying? 35 psi!?!? "Slapping" a turbo setup on a Honda leads to engine failure, and $2-3k gets you a log manifold, a cheap turbo off some diesel, cheap piping, maybe an intercooler, and a junk tune.

In the performance world, the only thing toyota has is the Supra, and they didn't even do a 24hr red-line test on that.
Sorry, I guess the MR2, Celica GT-Four, Levin/Trueno and 2000GT don't count for anything, do they?
Old 12-09-2007, 06:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL sorry man, that may be how it is in Houston, but in Phoenix turbo'd Hondas are a dime a dozen, and I personally know two people out here that have done K-swaps for less than $4,000. AFI builds custom turbo kits for about $3,000 with tune, and that's done by locash racing, a shop here in town that is known in this area for their tunes. I've seen a GSR, that started off bone stock, come out of a shop with $3500 spent on it between LSD , turbo, tune, running 6 psi of boost, and hit an 11 second 1/4 mile track time. Again that's with $3500, which included the labor in the setup. And yes, the k-series in an RSX is known for handling up to about 40 lbs on the dyno before it blows, and they're good for daily driving up to about 30 psi. Here's a video just for a little proof... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9jiy0SNVug
Old 12-09-2007, 07:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I dunno how much i believe that.. I highly doubt a stock motor of any type will be able to handle that many pounds of boost. Especially a stock motor. I really dunno how reliable that video is either. Don't believe every thing on the web.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:29 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by 91DA9
LOL sorry man, that may be how it is in Houston, but in Phoenix turbo'd Hondas are a dime a dozen, and I personally know two people out here that have done K-swaps for less than $4,000. AFI builds custom turbo kits for about $3,000 with tune, and that's done by locash racing, a shop here in town that is known in this area for their tunes. I've seen a GSR, that started off bone stock, come out of a shop with $3500 spent on it between LSD , turbo, tune, running 6 psi of boost, and hit an 11 second 1/4 mile track time. Again that's with $3500, which included the labor in the setup. And yes, the k-series in an RSX is known for handling up to about 40 lbs on the dyno before it blows, and they're good for daily driving up to about 30 psi. Here's a video just for a little proof... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9jiy0SNVug
Hey, guess what? Your "video proof" is from a shop in Houston that I was very well aware of and the gold hatch belongs to who is a (now) well-known car thief. Dyno pulls and strip runs are NOT the same as a street setup, and he was not running on pump gas. I know for a fact that guy used race gas whenever he drove his car, and it was not a daily.

You mention most newer Hondas can handle 35+ psi?

The only one you have shown proof of is the K20A2 out of the RSX-S, which was on an aggressive tune with RACE GAS.

So do you mean to say that a bone stock Fit, which qualifies as a "newer model", or a 4-cylinder (or V6, for that matter) Accord can do it also? Last I checked, one model is not most.

I know for a fact Honda motors in general are very well built and can be very stout, but enough with your outlandish claims. K20's are not made out of rainbows and fairy dust.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I hate to be a DICK, but can we please go back to topic? Start another thread to fight over what engine can do what in whose car etc.

--------

Does anyone know what models and options will be released in the US? So far I've seen available 5sp auto, 5sp man, and cvt, with AWD as an option, panoramic roof, and navigation for other country models, but so far nothing specific for the US (please give us a CVT/AWD/Panor. combo!!)
Old 12-10-2007, 07:22 PM

I test drove the Fit--the seats felt like folding chairs. And if I'd gotten the red one, it's eyes would be constantly bloodshot cause they put body color under the lens. I'm not driving around a hungover car! I love my xD. Not trading up (or down or sideways for that matter) and now that I've discovered the secret of fold flat seats, I'm as content as can be.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:03 PM
AAG
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

The current fit imo doesn't look too bad when its droped on some nice wheels, but that new one is just hideous. The front end kinda reminds me of the EP3 Civic SI hatchback from 02-05 and that model bombed bad......

Oh and sorry to be off topic but the person who said a GSR with 6 psi ran an 11 sec 1/4 is smoking some good stuff. Also 4gs to do a k-swap is only possible if everything used is stolen. The motor (legit) alone is close to 4gs.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:17 PM

that's actually a good picture. it's much uglier in person!
Old 12-10-2007, 10:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 91DA9
I actually liked the fit over the Xd, because the Fit has more potential for modifying than the Xd probably ever will(sorry but that's the truth). The reason I bought the Xd was because the car was just more practical as a daily driver for someone who has kids. I'd take a K-swapped fit anyday though. As for the comments about Honda's getting beat, it only takes about an extra 2-3k for a good turbo and tune setup on almost any Honda, and considering most of the newer models can handle upwards of 35 lbs of boost, there wouldn't be much taking them after that, and I have seen turbo setups getting slapped on hondas right after signing. In the performance world, the only thing toyota has is the Supra, and they didn't even do a 24hr red-line test on that.
that must be some good chei___e. I have yet to see a fast Fit. 35psi?!? maybe with 117 octane, and 40 dgreees of timing retard, especially on a high compression motor. I love when people talk like they know stuff! It makes me laugh, helps the day go by. The only K20 fit i know of was set-up for time attack but he didnt show up at the one I attended recently, too bad I would have liked to beat it.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was very impressed with the 09 Fit's looks because of its Merc A Classness. I've owned one Honda (CRX) back in the ancient days and I'll take a Yota any day for reliability and durability. Of course, I don't drive like my butt's on fire anymore either when I owned the CRX.

I am kind of partial to the "angry" xD look. A little red pinstripe and the top grill and it would exude a subliminal GTI/A-3 ambiance.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

buttfires are bad
Old 12-11-2007, 12:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Sorry, Boys, this vehicle will make the xD obselete in 2

Originally Posted by lex990
Originally Posted by woof

That's right, the 2009 Fit is soooo Merc A Class smooth it will make the xD redundant. The BHP is up to 116 and the car, which is larger, is only 27 pounds heavier.
I think they need bigger headlights
YOU'RE RIGHT, THERE'S STILL SOME HOOD LEFT! MAKE THEM BIGGER!!!
Old 12-11-2007, 04:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What's with the ugly front-side windows, though? reminds me of the old-style pickup truck cigarette window...
Old 12-11-2007, 05:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If I didn't need the larger size and didn't like my xB so bloody much I'd be considering the xD and '09 Fit. I don't think one makes the other obsolete though.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I actually like the 2009 Fit better than the current USDM version. I love the JDM version with its stubby front bumper, but don't like the US version's longer bumper.

More pics:
http://world.honda.com/news/2007/407...oto/index.html
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...cleId=122688#6
Old 12-11-2007, 05:43 PM

I like the way fit looks. Especially the interior. It is much classier than the our XD's IMO.

However, I actually test drove a 2008 model and could NOT get the seat back far enough nor the steering wheel high enough to be comfortable. It was a deal breaker. One other thing, while merging on the freeway I had to race a mini-van to the end of the on-ramp. Sorry to say I lost that race...

I love my new XD! Have not lost to any soccer mom's PLUS I fit into it! Woot!

** I weigh 190 and am 6'1 **

Quick Reply: Sorry, Boys, this vehicle will make the xD obselete in 2008